It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:59 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Community Discussion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:39 pm 
". . ."
". . ."

Saw it yesterday.

Compared to everything else in the movie, I really hated Christian Bale.

Everything else was amazing but I go so sick of his "fake tough-guy rasp" voice for batman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:13 pm 
"Kaiser or Bust!"

Viviti wrote:
Everything else was amazing but I go so sick of his "fake tough-guy rasp" voice for batman.

I agree. I absolutely hated his voice when he was Batman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:40 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Sir Valisk wrote:
Viviti wrote:

I agree. I absolutely hated his voice when he was Batman.
It was the same as in the first movie. Do you expect him to talk as if he was Bruce Wayne? He has to at least attempt to be different from his alter ego, and be somewhat intimidating. It was appropriate at least for the role. All of the past Batman actors did pretty much the same thing, as it is noted in the comics. Superman, Spiderman and many others sound almost exactly the same as their alter ego. IMO that is more retarded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:03 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I saw it last night, and I feel that The Dark Knight was a bit overrated. The plot was good enough to introduce Two Face and show the nature of the Joker, so the writers did their job. IMO the action scenes were only adequate. Ledger was good enough as the Joker, but saying he deserves an Oscar is kind of ridiculous. It will be a big time sympathy Oscar if he gets it. Most of his lines and actions should be directly contributed to what the writers did with the script for his role as the Joker. It isn't like he made that shit up on the spot himself. Maggie Gyllenhall (spelling) was a bad choice to replace Katie Holmes, as she just isn't pretty enough IMO to be a believable love interest for Bruce Wayne.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:16 pm 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

Eternus wrote:
I saw it last night, and I feel that The Dark Knight was a bit overrated. The plot was good enough to introduce Two Face and show the nature of the Joker, so the writers did their job. IMO the action scenes were only adequate. Ledger was good enough as the Joker, but saying he deserves an Oscar is kind of ridiculous. It will be a big time sympathy Oscar if he gets it. Most of his lines and actions should be directly contributed to what the writers did with the script for his role as the Joker. It isn't like he made that shit up on the spot himself. Maggie Gyllenhall (spelling) was a bad choice to replace Katie Holmes, as she just isn't pretty enough IMO to be a believable love interest for Bruce Wayne.

[spoiler]Can't really complain, seeing as how she 'sploded.[/spoiler]
I thoroughly enjoyed the film. I really wasn't let down in any aspect. I think I've been so disappointed by films so much lately that maybe my standards have lowered though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:14 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

batman begins was about 7.5/10 for me. going to see the new one in an hour.
katie holmes is kinda droopyfaced but her pokies stole the show

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:51 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

I think Christian Bale should only be allowed to portray his American Psycho role and nothing else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:08 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Whisp wrote:
batman begins was about 7.5/10 for me. going to see the new one in an hour.
katie holmes is kinda droopyfaced but her pokies stole the show
This new girl is also droopyfaced, but still not as attractive. I would give Batman Begins a 8 maybe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:11 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

kyuss wrote:
I think Christian Bale should only be allowed to portray his American Psycho role and nothing else.
I liked the Prestige and would say it is his second best movie (next to American Psycho). He has been in a good deal of roles with American accents, when he is a actually from the UK. I am sure he would be more comfortable doing something where he was using an English accent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:19 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Caduceus wrote:
I thoroughly enjoyed the film. I really wasn't let down in any aspect. I think I've been so disappointed by films so much lately that maybe my standards have lowered though.
Iron Man was more fun to watch IMO. I had lower expectations for Iron Man mostly due to my overall disinterest in Iron Man as a comic character. I was let down by the Joker actually, as the character is one of my favorite villains in comics and I have never really been satisfied with his portrayal in any movie (the damn cartoon did a better job). I could have done without the computer aided low growl. He was much better than Nicholson. Anything beats how they did the Penguin in the second Burton movie.

My favorite villain might be Dr. Doom, and he was completely butchered in the Fantastic Four movie. What a shitty movie, and the second one was not much bbetter. I didn't like how they did Dr. Octopus either in Spiderman 2, but he is far from one of my faves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:27 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

i'll give this 9/10 mostly because of the joker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:49 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Maggie Gyllenhall is ugly as shit IMO. She reminds me of Kirsten Dunst (who I also think is ugly and don't understand why people like her). I hate Katie Holmes also so I don't care either way I guess. It all didn't matter to me because of what Cad said haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:56 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Christian Bale's best movie is the Machinest, no question. Go rent it on DVD if you get the chance. He was friggin amazing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:11 pm 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

I second what lordac said.

As for what Klu said, I agree that maggie jizzinmyhole is not a traditional beauty and sadly I can see why you'd make the kirstin dunst comparison, even though I think Kirstin is ugly and annoying (mostly, it started with her needing to strip down to panties and a tank top in ever fucking movie she's in... even in spider man they found a way to have her in a wet clingy tanktop with erect nipples wtf?!)

Maggie, on the other hand, was great in stranger than fiction and the secretary (even borderline hot at times) so that kinda redeems her in my eyes. I definitely think they could've gotten someone much cuter to play opposite bale, but w/e.

I still haven't seen this movie. I was supposed to go tonight but my friend bailed so I may end taking someone else or just going it alone. I'll let y'all know what I think once I do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:32 am 
Vanadiel Animal Rights Activist
Vanadiel Animal Rights Activist

Maggie was awesome in Stranger than Fiction. IMO she's hot. She's one of the reasons I want to see the movie.

If you don't think she's hot that's just your opinion, but I dont think someone as complex of a character as Bruce Wayne is that superficial. Sure Bruce Wayne could have any hot chick he wanted for the most part, but do you think that's what he looks for in a woman? Bruce Wayne's probably gotten so much pussy he's realized that there's more important things than looks. The attraction is obviously on another level.

The dropeyfaced thing is probably one of the reasons they cast Maggie to replace Katie. There's a slight similarity there.

Who would you cast instead?

Who is hot enough for Batman?

Let's make this a Superhero matchmaking thread!

Is Paz Vega hot enough for Batman?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:32 am 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

I enjoy this movie that I finally saw it and you guys are right about joker. He really pulled it off like charm! Now for cell phone that was overkill on whole thing. lolz

Board index » Community » Community Discussion