It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:56 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Community Discussion

Post subject: Its been a while, whats new?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:55 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

I've been so busy for so long. In the last year I have had so many new things happen in my life. I'd like to write out a nice little recap in hopes that other people will do the same. I think its time everyone caught up.

Hmmm where to start...

My oldest sister had a Baby Girl last Christmas. Her name is Emma and she is the first grandchild in my family. I can not express how awesome my little niece is. I've watched lots of little cousins grow up, but this is different. Im so much more involved. Im crazy Uncle Yarr.
Emma is almost a year old now (first Birthday is in December), but my other sister is just about ready to pop out a baby of her own. We are expecting her early in December and I can't wait. She's having a little girl too.
Now, if that wasnt enough my oldest sister is pregnant again. This new baby (the third grandkid) isnt expected until April.
Id like to consider myself very good with kids. I cant wait to have a kid of my own.... actually... I can wait... Sunshine and I want to be married for a year or so before we even start thinking about it. We also want to get a house first. Although we are still just saving up for a nice large downpayment. We are also waiting to see where this whole economic crisis is going.

Things at job are alot different now. Im still working for the same company I was when I was playing FFXI. Im now back to working close to home at the head office. However, most of my team quit or moved to Networking, so Im working almost totally alone. I have limited help from my old Distrubution Support team. I did hire two new guys a few weeks ago, but Im now working double time to train them and keep up with the demands. Needless to say... Work is stressing me out a lot. Everyone I work with is new. I have seven years under my belt and the next highest person has two years. Its frustrating because no one really understands how our Support Centre works except me. Even my Manager only has a few months with the company. Its frustrating, but Im being lined up for a nice promotion, so I keep my eyes focused on the prize and work my ass off. Although I feel like im just chasing carrots.

One of the best things to happen this year is that Talisin has finally moved home. I couldnt be happier with his choice to come home and go back to school. I dont even care that he is going to live an hour away because of school. Him being an hour away is a lot better than being 4 days away. Now I just need my other brother to move home and things will be perfect. I also hope that Mikey will come down soon so me him and Talisin can hang out again.

Of course the biggest thing this year has to be Julie and I getting married. Her and her Mother put so much work into our wedding. I did what I could, but it was those two who really did all the work. I didnt make a big thread on about my wedding because we still havent got our pictures back, so once I get those I will post a nice big thread. In the end everything went perfectly. There were a few bumps, but nothing serious. I don't think I could asked for a better wedding. I certinly wouldnt have changed a thing. Although I wasnt a big fan of having to get up and give a speach. Anyway, I'll post more about it with pictures in its own thread.

Thats basically the highlights of the last year of my life, its been pretty jam packed with thrills and spills. Oh and I still havent stopped buying comics. I did a rough count (base on measuring stacks) and Ive bought almost a thousand comics in the last two years lol. Although I'm cutting back now.

Im interested in hearing whats up with other people. Whats new? Whats the same? Feel free to just write a little blurb or feel free to write a long post like me!

I cant wait to hear from so many different people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:33 pm 
Vanadiel Animal Rights Activist

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MwZdSIBw0c[/youtube]

Last edited by Pazrayna on Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:22 am 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

paz cut that out!

That awesome Yarr that your married now but remember wait at least 3 to 5 year before you have your frist baby so that you can enjoy your marry life when you can go anywhere for a vaction. It will be awesome to see your wedding stuff so hurry up lol. As your job just keep it up and you can get moved up for sure. I need to repost new picture of my kids that my twins are 4 years old and Daugher is 1 right now. btw my wife named "Emma" that funny to see someone have same name as my wife lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:30 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Hopefully this gets read lol...

*** So yea "WOW", I'm going back to school again @ 29 years of age in order to learn early childcare education. It's been a fantastic run in the music business but there is absolutely no job security in it. I now have about a year as well as some time in the student teaching block before I end up "warping all the young minds." lol My choice would be about 3rd grade while I pursue my Master's degree for more $$$. I start again this January.

Factors that weighed heavily in on my decision to transfer occupations is I wanted a rewarding job where I could make a difference, keep my mind freshly challenged, decent pay, and I will also get holidays and time off to be with family or to do vacations and such as well as teaching is pretty good job securiy. No other profession will give you the perks teaching has in relation to time-off, work schedule, benefits, and security even though the pay scale kind of tops out around 50-60k unless you have a doctorate or teach private school. Oh yea, my major was in education so this is how I'll finish early. ;p

I will still do music...however I am seriously considering making a site similar to djplaeskool's (the final fantasy remix artist, I met him a while back and did a song with him, was very cool!)

http://www.djplaeskool.com/home.htm

I am considering making everything I have done as well as future works online for free download simply for the love and enjoyment of getting the music "out there!" To me it will be more enjoyable that way as I could give a shit less about the fortune and fame and the cut-throatness of it all. This way I can just enjoy making it instead of using it to eat. I have eaten the losses as the economy cut my business of recording people and doing shows to a minimum. I did a bit of foresight and saw there is no future in it unless you know the right people, work harder than I already was, or had extensive wealth to pour into it.

- I still play a few games when I can on occasion, probably more than a few in this forum. ;p I am addicted to Fallout 3 currently, but enjoyed Forza 2 and their online community and made some great online friends from there. Ninja Gaiden 2 earns the glitch of the year award.

- Did a bit of traveling around the South, nothing big, but it was nice to hit the beach this year and soak up the sun.

- The older I get, the less and less I see friends as they are often concerned with with their own lives and wives/family/etc. This observation depressed me greatly but I'd have to say it was a big hurdle as many of these people I used to hang out with on a daily basis and was there for seemed not to be as "there" for me. Oh well, life goes on, guess that's part of living.

- I'm not exactly a big bar or club guy anymore...nor do i really get out there a hell of a lot and socialize with strangers. Most of the people I have dated were all people I "know" in some respect so this year...
...I tried online dating, I will probably blog about it soon. It has been nice increasing the social network but there are some positives and negatives to this. I'm glad I'm doing it, as it is nice to get out of the house and can be a bit exciting meeting some cool girl you meet online, but there are some positives and negatives to the situation. From it, I have met one girl that although we aren't together, nor will we be, has become a great friend and big part of my life so for that it was worth it. :)

- My mother was a victim of the economy last year as she got cut-out at 55. She doesn't know what to do now and has been searching extensively for a job for the past year to no avail. I know she isn't the only one out there as I meet a lot of people whose parents have suffered this.

- I hope 2009 will be better than this fucking year. Things have been kind of a rollercoaster ride but I'm hanging in there and trying to have fun when I can.

- downloaded the new SSF2HDR (Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix) video from XBox arcade game film downloads, was hilarious that Joe Esposito's "You're the Best" which was played during the Karate Kid was playing throughout the trailer...irony lol
- B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:58 pm 

Are you Paul B?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:09 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

I'm really happy for you Yarr. We've known each other for 5 years. Lots of things have changed in that time. Sounds like things are going very well for you!

As I was quitting FF11 in 2005, I was starting back in college as a Junior at Georgia State University. I finished that up and got a 4 year degree in Biology then started at Emory University. Right now I'm half way through my 2nd year towards a 5 year PhD degree. I've been dating someone for a year now. Her name is Wendy. She lives in Birmingham, AL and I live in Atlanta so it's a long distance thing. As I probably said before she was my first girlfriend back in '95-'97 and then my parents moved me away. And we finally got back together 10 years later. I love her 100% and couldn't be happier. School keeps me crazy busy. Like, I have to skip sleep several times a month, and finding time to do something--even like typing this--is a challenge. When I do have free time, I've been playing Call of Duty 4. I really miss FF11 but it would be too hard on my school responsibilities to play a game like that right now. Okay well that sums it up. I'll post some pics.

Me & Wendy at a 1920's themed party:

Me at a metal karaoke:

Me & my mom:

Me & Wendy at a costume party as Shaggy & Daphne

My lab at Emory & I'm dressed up as a green mouse...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:05 am 
". . ."
". . ."

You should grow out your hair and be Shaggy all the time, thats a cool look for you, haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:01 am 

heh I did and I need to take a pic of my long hair soon when I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:21 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Superfly
Thats a huge change going from music to teaching, but if you like teaching then youre in for a ass ton of fun. Julie is a teacher and she loves it. Shes been teaching full time for grades 7&8 for over a year now. She just finished doing report cards this week so I can talk to her with out fear of saying something that would cause her to rip my head off. Being a teacher is pretty cool and in Canada its a well paid job with lots of security. I can totally understand the desire for job security. Especially in light of the current economic troubles.
Talisin plays CoD4 on XBox360 like its going out of style and he always tries to get me to play too. I hate FPS games on consoles. It drives me bonkers trying to play like that. Tal use to be the same but he trained himself to use a controller, but I refuse to submit to the ways of a god damn controller. MOUSE AND KEYBOARD FOR LIFE!
I cant wait for SSF2HDR to come out next week. It's going to be retrotastic in HD. I dont care if most the sprites are copied from Udon art because.... I like Udon SF2 art lol.

Whisp
Dont make your school life sound too glamorous lol. I can honestly say I never worked that hard in school lol. I can however say I have been just as busy with my job. At least the pay off at the end is pretty cool. I might have to change your account name to Dr. Whisp lolol.
Its good that the long distance thing works for you. It worked for Julie and I. Although I dont think we lived nearly as far as you did. We were only 3.5 hours apart so we could still get together on weekends if we wanted. Although it sounds like its the best kind of relationship for the amount of work you have to put into school.
Those pictures you posted only re-enforce my opinion that me you, mikey and Thunderstop would have been seriously awesome friends if we had all lived near eachother or went to the same grade school lol.

Panther you need to post a new family photo lol

WHERES MIKEY!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:17 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

hmm, well as for me, im still doing the whole 3D thing.. got a lot of freelance work going. been working on 2d stuff as well.. i have alot of my friends pose for me, its nice to get a lot of human life drawings.

other than that whole nonsence, i really stopped playing video games for the most part all together.. i might hop on warhammer every once in a while.. but its not serious for me.. ive been doing alot of bboying and going to shows and comps.. its fun. plus sometimes it pays decent. :)

FFXI - Yurichan: 75THF(Ret) / SC2 - Lawncare / XBOX - Zombie Sharks / PS3 - Zombie_Sharks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:26 am 

Yarr wrote:
Panther you need to post a new family photo lol

Oh bloody hell my work is over working me. we are hammer down atm so give me some time and I am working on it.

Yarr wrote:
WHERES MIKEY!?

I left msg on his PS3 and hope he will read it so he will check this online.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:49 pm 
Fishwader Miramblix
Fishwader Miramblix

Nothing really new with us over the past year. We're settled into our house now, and I'm already looking forward to moving out of the neighborhood. I'd like to move back out towards the country. I hate being crammed in with people so close. I'd like to move to the south or southwest. I'm aiming for Louisiana or Arizona, but Matti is working on another degree for computer science, so we'll probably have to wait a couple years before moving.

We still just have our dogs and my spiders... hmm... can't remember if I posted here that we got two more pugs. We adopted them from the Ohio Pug Rescue. It's a mother and daughter, ages six and five. I really, really love them. They're so sweet. I know I definitely won't ever get another puppy; I will always adopt an older dog.

We took a break from MMOs for about eight months, and I started tinkering with photography. We both went out and got new cameras, and now we take picture-trips, which are really fun. I'd like to get into photography seriously someday, but for now it is just a hobby.

We're also playing FFXI again. We've been back for 2-3 months now, and I must say it's like a completely different game now. We're both addicted all over again. haha I'm not even going to admit what our play hours are, but it's pretty ludicrous. It is weird to see so few people I know in the game. It's really nice when I do see some old school people still playing. But heck, old school now means people who have been around two years or so. lol We're going to be looking for a linkshell to settle down into in the next few weeks.

Here are some pictures of my new (old) pugs.

This one was called Barbie when we got her, but we call her Mama-dog.

We call this one Gabby or Scabby-Gab.

And here are some pictures I've taken since I started tinkering with cameras. I think they'll start to get better once I learn how to use more than 10% of my camera's functions. lol

Darwin-Dragonfly

My niece, Izabell

Medusabell

Some flowers... these are super tiny. That thing next to flowers is a blade of grass, for reference.

Chola, my blue spider. He was about the size of a quarter at the time this picture was taken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:53 am 

damn nice picture, What kind of camera are you using?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:50 am 
Fishwader Miramblix
Fishwader Miramblix

Thanks, Panther. It's a Canon EOS 40D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:45 pm 

Remember when buying a digital camera not to be fooled by digital zoom!

That's all I know about cameras.

And if you join the Air Force to be a photographer, be aware you might be developing huge rolls of film and not necessarily taking any pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:16 am 
Iron Chef

I became a Chef lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:21 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

can you cook me up a date or a girlfriend still single

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:23 am 
Iron Chef

Masterg wrote:
can you cook me up a date or a girlfriend still single

Have you tried plentyoffish.com? Works wonders my friend. 100% free too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:30 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

but then it wont be from the heart of the cook :(

gotz a new 26" HDTV today :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:59 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

graduated from A&M in May, started workin for IBM here in Austin, TX, enjoying the real world

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:06 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

i used to live in austin. IBM? dude, what about workin for Dell??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:06 pm 
". . ."
". . ."

Theterk wrote:
graduated from A&M in May, started workin for IBM here in Austin, TX, enjoying the real world

Dude we gotta hang out some time, I'm still in Austin.

You been out to Arcade UFO yet?

And Whisp, Dell just laid off like 200+ employees, they're a really shitty un-reliable place to work now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:36 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Sounds like people are doing well! My life is pretty much the same sadly lol. Still the same job and the same house. I live alone currently (which is rad) so I have all my video game stuff set up in the living room. I don't have to be selfish :) I'm currently addicted to Gears of War 2 campaign. I've played through it probably 10 times already and can't get enough. I don't care for the multi player because I suck and people piss me off.

The only thing new for me is I joined Arizona Combat Sports which is a mixed martial arts gym in Tempe that is pretty well known. It's only a couple miles from me. I was always into exercise, but this is a lot more hardcore. I'm currently training in beginning Muay Thai kickboxing 5 days a week (along with doing weights a couple times a week at my other gym) and I'm going to start Jujitsu sometime early next year. Altogether it will be about 10-15 hours a week of gym time...and I'm excited for it...kinda. I eat like crap and I still get drunk every Friday and Saturday night. I'm trying to change those 2 things. Once I do that, life will be good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:50 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

ya, dell let a bunch o ppl go a year back, and are about to can some more ppl. ya vivi gimme a pm and we can grab a beer or somethin, always lookin for somethin new in this town.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:45 pm 
The Original Dark Knight™
The Original Dark Knight™

I'm currently entered in my final "year" of college before finishing up and actually using my degree for something useful. I have a lot of thesis work that I should be doing (right now actually) but I procrastinate way more than I should. Next fall I begin student teaching in Social Studies and Economics provided my current job doesn't do me in first. I still play WoW on and off, and at the moment I'm trying to coerce my girlfriend to hit 80 with me on her mage. I'm currently on Dunemaul.

Board index » Community » Community Discussion