It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:13 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Community Discussion

Post subject: I gots robbed
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:26 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

When I came home from work today my guard door was unlocked. I thought that was strange, then noticed my door and deadbolt were also unlocked. I live alone and I'm the biggest lockaholic in the world. I knew something was up. I walked in slowly and noticed both of my spare bedroom doors were open (they were closed this morning). I then noticed shit missing in the living room. At that point I gotta admit, I was freaked out walking around in there not knowing if somebody was still in there. My heart was sure beating fast.

I called Tempe police and they told me to go outside and wait. They arrived rather quick. 2 cops with bulletproof vests took deep breaths and went in like they were raiding the place. It was kinda cool hearing them shout and scan the house.

After looking around we found they walked into my backyard and broke into my bedroom window. They stole a bunch of shit and took it through the front door. Here is what they stole..

Xbox 360 elite, Playstation 3, Playstation 2, PSP, Nintendo DS, Gameboy Advance, Wii, laptop, digital camera, and my HUGE collection of Blu Rays, HD DVDs, regular DVDs, and video games. I had so many fucking movies and video games...it pisses me off just thinking about it. My Nintendo, SNES, N64, etc are all at my Moms still but those games were at my place also. I had a lot of rare games because that's what I collect. The sentimental? value of the shit they stole is what pisses me off the most.

They also stole all of my duffel bags and my backpack. I assume they used those to pack all the shit.

FUCK thieves. I wish I was at home when that motherfucker crawled through my window. He would have a blade shoved through his fucking head. I do have insurance and receipts for most of my gaming systems, but I'm afraid I'm gonna get screwed on getting the proper amount of money to cover all the movies and games stolen because it's hard to prove I had that much stuff. FUCK I'm so pissed. I've been wanting a German Shepard. I finally got my reason to get one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:30 am 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

wow dude, thats alarming, what are your crossroads again? thats pretty unlucky..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:00 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

i hate THFs
that sucks!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:35 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

wow, that's fucking terrible man. im sorry to hear that happened to you. do get a german shepherd or a pit bull! they'll tear thieves to fucking pieces.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:13 am 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

Damn that sucked but alarm wouild help too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:35 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Parade wrote:
wow dude, thats alarming, what are your crossroads again? thats pretty unlucky..

I live on Apache and Mill in a kinda secluded area. I'm definitely beefing up the home security.

I'm gonna start fighting with my insurance company today...I'll keep you guys posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:35 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

I once heard a story about a thief that logged a Xbox online and contacted the original owner. Police got involved and traced the ISP. Maybe, just maybe you will luck out in a similar manner. And yea, dealing with insurance can suck BIG TIME.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:44 am 
Iron Chef

Sorry to hear about your loss. You might want to do a little investigating of your own. Alert local gamestops, Eb games, whatever buys/sells that stuff about this. With any luck, whoever stole them are idiot/s and will try to unload asap. Check craigslist as well as kijiji if they have that in your area, it's a common place for thieves to fence hot goods.

Sounds like whoever did this maybe knew what they were after? You say you're a lockfreak, it's obvious whoever did this planned it out. Any friends strapped badly for cash? Etc etc.

Hope that helps and hopefully your insurance company aren't total dipshits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:07 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

yeah, i second all above recommendations, especially checking local pawnshops. and especially the part about friends strapped for cash. i have amazing childhood friends back home, but when i had a going-away party a few months ago and left my wallet on my desk when i passed out, i still woke up with it stolen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:39 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

My old roommate is strapped for cash bad. He is a lazy pothead who doesn't have a job and stopped paying me rent a long time ago. I ended up kicking him out last March, ending things on bad terms. He still has a key because when he moved out he left all his shit over there. I didn't trust him but honestly didn't think he's come rob me. I really think it was him though. More and more. Looking at the broken window it would be hard for somebody to crawl through it the way it was broken. I think he came in with the key and broke the window to make it look like a break in. I'm so fucking stupid for never changing the locks. Also I agree whoever did it has probably been to my house before and knew exactly what they wanted. I don't have people over often. The only friends I have over are people I've known forever that I trust.

I also texted my old roommate yesterday telling him what happened and he got all defensive asking why I'm accusing him. My text wasn't accusing him at all, so him getting defensive kinda raised a flag. Also he asked what they took. I told him they took a bunch of electronics. He then replied "wow they didn't take your TV?" That's the one big thing they didn't take and I didn't tell him in the text they didn't take it...makes me suspicious. I'm calling the police today and sending them after him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:48 am 

I hope you get your stuff back Kluya. I remember I had a roommate and when I left for work that was only few blocks away. Then I came home for lunch that my roommate didn't expect until 5pm. He was in my room making threats to my wife that was was going to rape her, he was not very smart when I was standing right behind him. I ended up grabbing him and doing a cops style. Called the cops and they came told them what happen, They ended up taking him to jail for what he tried to do. he did leave marks on my wife arms that she fought real good giving bastard a black eye and broken jaw. I was like what the hell did she used. later he was kicked out and never to come back again.

Yes we did moved few days later so he don't know where we live now. Anyhow you gotta be careful who you roommate even if is your good friend or family. Oh yeah wife used my small wood bat that I had under the bed that she give him a good wack in jaw that was broken heh heh gotta love my wife good or else!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:53 pm 
Iron Chef

Very simple, was the glass inside your window or outside from the break? If most of the shards are outside, he did it. Guy sounds guilty anyways, at this point your friendship is allready on the rocks so sending the cops over sounds good. Remember if he gives you shit, if he's innocent, lol, the cops were simply doing their job so tell him to STFU.

Most of the time when you get robbed, it's someone you know. I've had one of my appartments broken into back in the day, and it turned out to be some asshole I had let come over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:09 am 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

make that call, get your shit! and then we will have a party.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:08 am 

let us know of what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:28 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Kluya this sucks. No way around it. I can honestly say that this is a nightmare scenario for me. Im a huge collector. I collect tons of stuff and I hold onto so many things for stupid reasons. Even if I could rebuy everything I own, it just wouldnt feel right.
I wish there was something we could do for you. wait, I say we all start an internet mob and attack your old room mate with pickforks and torches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:24 pm 
The Mexican Reject
The Mexican Reject

Sorry to hear about this, Kluya. That's a horrible feeling having a bunch of your shit taken by some asshole with no respect... I sound like an old man.. haha

Keep us up to date on the story though. I'd love to hear that you got some of your shit back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:45 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yeah rebuying all the stuff just won't feel the same. I don't want new stuff, I want my old stuff back. I'm so pissed about my save files and stuff. I know that's stupid to be mad about...but I spent a lot of time on that. I still had my old SNES games with their save files in tact. My 360 and PS3 had my progress for the games and RPGs I played. My Wii had a lot of games downloaded and I don't even know my friend code. And did they really have to steal my GC, PSX, and PS2 memory cards? They will get like $1 for those, while screwing me royally.

I gave the insurance company my list yesterday. They gave me 2 options. I can get a check cut for what was stolen subtracting 10% for each year I owned it, or they have a company that will replace everything "like for like" at their full value. They get all the stuff from Amazon so they can basically replace all my electronics. The downside is I don't have receipts for the majority of my movies or games so I might get screwed...this whole thing has been horrible. I've been stressed all week and I don't feel comfortable at my house anymore. I've been staying at my Mom's place. I'm gonna start staying at my house again tonight though.

I want to get an alarm but they are expensive ($600ish installation for what I want). Among the things stolen were my Christmas presents I bought, so I gotta start over. And I'm going to New York City for over a week for New Years...so I can't afford to do anything till I return. I already know of a local pure bred German Shepard rescue so I'm gonna start looking after NYC. Then I'll get my alarm. I'm preventing this from happening in the future. And my advice to everybody is to document every movie, game, and rare item you own. It's VERY hard to recall everything. I'll keep you guys posted.

Let's get that internet mob together! My modem was stolen so I can't communicate with them from my house though lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:09 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

If you have any photos of your collection in your house. Even just in the background that kind of thing tends to support insurance claims.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:00 pm 
Vanadiel Animal Rights Activist
Vanadiel Animal Rights Activist

That's a good idea, everyone go take pictures of everything you own!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:28 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

That fucking sucks. I hope you get the insurance money or you get your stuff back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:10 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Wow, that sucks serious ass! (you already know that.) I'm sorry that happened to you, Tyler.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:18 pm 
CKDs best thf ever
CKDs best thf ever

Oh shit that sucks to hear Kluya. The shitty thing I find about home robberies (other than your stuff being gone) is when they rifle through all your shit they end up knowing a lot about you and you know shit about them. Could be some dood who sees you around a lot. When I was in high school my girlfriend at that time had her house broken into, among other valuables they stole a lot of pictures with just her in it. Its kind of creepy.

I hope insurance properly covers you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:14 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I never posted an update. I got most of my stuff back. The insurance company set me up with a company that replaced all my stolen stuff with brand new items from Amazon (nothing refurb). It kinda sucked because every day I came home there would be boxes with sometimes $500-1000 worth of stuff in it them sitting in front of my door. I didn't like that part.

The only stuff that wasn't replaced was my Wii, DSL modem, a few duffle bags, all my SNES games, all my NES games, and all my PSX games (all that went to deductable and they mailed me a check for the rest). They couldn't replace my HD DVD player, so they gave me an extra Blu Ray player. They still replaced my HD DVDs though...wtf. They also replaced my Wii games and accessories even though they couldn't get a Wii. My 360 Elite got replaced with a 60GB Pro (lame). I guess the good thing is my 40GB PS3 got replaced with an 80GB. My old bulky PS2 got replaced with a new slim PS2. Also my crappy Thinkpad laptop I got off craigslist for $400 got replaced with a bad ass new Lenovo Thinkpad that's 10x better. Otherwise they replaced all my games (for PS2, 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP), movies, DS, PSP, camera, and av cables.

I still haven't unpacked all the boxes. I brought them all to my Mom's house before I went to New York last month because I was paranoid leaving all that stuff at my house. I'm still a little paranoid. The only video game system that's at my house is my DS because I've been playing Chrono Trigger. I'm getting an alarm sometime soon, then I'll move the rest of the stuff back. Anything I can do to prevent this from happening again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:27 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

wanna buy my old ps1 games. I've sadly had to consider the option of selling my collections...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:48 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

i have renter's insurance. i think i'll take photos of all my valued items just in case they want proof.

Board index » Community » Community Discussion