It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:45 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Community Discussion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:19 am 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Ok so...

Let me start by saying.. I usually don't talk about how I am in street fighter. With due respect to myself I'm actually pretty good.

Anyway my game came in a little late.. While waiting i was taunted by people claiming that I was going to get destroyed.
Suffice to say the moment I got the game I cleaned them up rather quickly...

However their stood only one!

After supa talked about his impressive tournament win, I was intrigued what a challenge with him would be like.

I sat here in my room. Thinking waiting and anticipating the moment. I remember supa sent me an invite on live. Which made me remember ( THIS MOTHERFUCKER REMOVED ME FROM HIS FRIENDSLIST)

Which enraged me!

Anyway... Supa did exactly what I wanted him to do. He picked saget. And I picked ken ( my favorite character)

It was an excellent match. It was actually very very close. But he won lol. One jab would have done him in. He's actually quite good. In fact excellent.

If you're a girl and you are reading this. I suggest you go and suck thats mans dick. Perhaps you'll inherit some of his street fighter skills ( make sure to swallow) or something

Yea but I've never had so much fun in ages. It was challenging and supa was forcing me to change my approach on him. I beat him a couple of times yea. But overall his sagat was pretty impressive and pretty intimidating.

I rate this a 1/10 1 being the worst experience of my life

Go fuck yourself supa for removing me from your friends list.
However lets play again! it was fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:57 am 
Spammer, to the max!

So yea, Mikey is of the caliber, which deserves him to have a woman at least lick his scrotum in rapid fashion while he masterbates and gets "Playstation palm" from it.

I got home and logged, then Mikey popped like some sort of HNM challenging me to a rather close battle. The motherfucker camped me!!!If Mikey masters the flashy moves (UC's and SC's) as well as a few focus attacks he'd be worth my trouble. It was nice to see him defeated so fashionably. ;p

J/K. It was an excellent night of playing as I mopped the floor with him with a few characters only to turn around and get swirlied in Mikey fashion by others.

Hint: Cammy is Mikey's bane, master her and Mikey will be so obsessed with thinking about things to do to her that he'll forget his energy is going away.

Also if Mikey plays Ryu or Ken he loves to jump-punch --> dragon punches or he jump-punches ---> lands and poke jabs opponents before delivering a fireball or dragon punch.

This has challenged me to figure out some interesting ways to keep opponents out of the air, which I am still working on.

I think overall our matches were more to my favor, but that will change over time as I tutor Mikey in the ways of the World Warrior. One day, he will outshine his master and I will cry tears of joy and sorrow as he fully overcomes me in battle.

Mikey thus far has been the only person to actually put up some very close fights. But I think that is what makes this game great. Aside from the trash talk and challenges, know that depending on the character or day one is playing, the fight can go either way. Half the time, I find myself really trying to master the focus attacks because I see how useful they are.

I expect it to be like this during the District Finals Saturday. I wish to win but I will not be too disappointed by a defeat. One match: best of three rounds is not an adequate gauge of someone's talent in this game.

Perhaps best of 5 matches or something. I am unsure of the district rules but I will keep you guys updated. The tournament after District II would be really exciting to attend. But, I wouldn't want to fight Daigo, Justin Wong, or any of those other SF masters anyway, the embarassment would kill me lol.

However, it is my professional assessment that Mikey could have easily won some "Richard Simmon's looking" wristbands and a Street Fighter IV headband like I did had he entered the Gamestop competition. Then we could meet up and Shoryuken the city. It'd be a German Detective Taco feature.

Should you need a letter of recomendation, I will firmly testify on your behalf sir.

Love,

Master Supafly

Also, Mikey and I were discussing the costumes...I have unlocked all of the colors (still need 3 of the personal actions/taunts) and many of the alternate costumes by redeeming the code in Microsoft points for the "brawler pack", but if anyone knows how to unlock the following costumes in the youtube below(did not see it in XBL Marketplace, maybe I missed it), let me know, really digging that God Akuma/Gouken suit, Sagat's pants and the Chun Li dress. "Indiana" Blanka and Dan's sparring outfit look pretty cool as well lol

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlclCns421o[/youtube]

*edit* nevermind, supposedly:

THE COSTUMES WILL COME IN PACKS:
Release dates:
(2-17) Brawler Pack: Costumes for Zangief, E. Honda, Rufus, El Fuerte, and Abel.

(2-24) Femme Fatale Pack: Costumes for Chun-Li, Cammy, Sakura, Rose, and Crimson Viper.

(3-3) Shoryuken Pack: Costumes for Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, and Dan.

(3-10) Shadaloo Pack: Costumes for Seth, M. Bison, Sagat, Balrog, and Vega.

(3-17) Classic Pack: Costumes for Guile, Dhalsim, Fei-Long, Blanka, and Gen.

The promise Dhalsim shows in SFIV when mastered.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue4G49-jzU8&feature=related[/youtube]

In retrospect to this game I would say if you need a fighting game for your system this is a MUST BUY! Not since the last installment of Tekken has such a worthy fighting game been released. Soul Calibur IV was sold back within a few weeks of release but this game actually has some staying power.

It is enjoyable to play through story mode and getting challenges from players online, the thing that sucks about this is if you win 1 round and receive a challenge you have to play the entire match over when you return to story mode again...that should have been fixed.

Also, I am disappointed XBox360 did not allow the "quarter mode party feature" where you could view friends fighting in a lobby. That was another disappointing aspect...as you have to play people one on one only. Overall, the game as a whole is worth the buy of having a great familiar fighting game in one's game catalog.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:39 pm 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

Damn I still can't wait to buy this game but I am moving during week of march 1st thanks for info how these game are going. I should get it sometime in middle of march or so.

Are the move are same as old games like Ken, Ryu and old fighter not new fighters?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:34 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

haha
ps handle is avulus if anyone wants to play. i'm mediocre. i can do all the old SF2 moves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:38 am 
Spammer, to the max!

Pantherxx wrote:
Are the move are same as old games like Ken, Ryu and old fighter not new fighters?

The moves are for the most part the same. Special moves and the focus attacks are simplified from SFIII: Third Strike (no more crazy downward back motion parries, now all you have to do is press medium punch, medium kick together YAY) Certain moves have even been simplified a bit. Specials are awesome and you can unlock multiple colors of costumes (not entire costumes, just colors) and taunts. Challenge mode has kept me very occupied, I feel some of it is is impossible, especially a few character trials. Everything is faster, much faster. Zangief...can destroy opponents now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:52 am 

Supafly wrote:
Pantherxx wrote:

The moves are for the most part the same. Special moves and the focus attacks are simplified from SFIII: Third Strike (no more crazy downward back motion parries, now all you have to do is press medium punch, medium kick together YAY) Certain moves have even been simplified a bit. Specials are awesome and you can unlock multiple colors of costumes (not entire costumes, just colors) and taunts. Challenge mode has kept me very occupied, I feel some of it is is impossible, especially a few character trials. Everything is faster, much faster. Zangief...can destroy opponents now.

sweet but I had not played this SF2 or 3 in longtime so when I get it it will take time for me to get better again also Supa what is your name handle on PS3?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:36 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

chun-li was nerfed, zangief got better, now the two are equivalent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:26 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Sorry Panther I don't have it for PS3 but Whisp does and i'm sure a few others do as well, Viviti I believe is also playing it on PS3. I'm on the 360. This game will take a bit of getting used to but with the online play and just how fun it is to play a fighting game again I would say it is a buy to anyone familiar with Street Fighter and would like to have a good fighting game around the house. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:09 am 

bah that suck and then YOU MUST BUY PS3!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:55 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

LOL me and supa held another round of matches.

This time were pretty much fucking dead even. He edged out though.

He's still the winner. But i'm adapting. WE SHALL TRAIN TONIGHT SUPA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:48 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

I predict as soon as Mikey wins against Supa he will never play Supa again. See my Pokemon story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:51 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

mikey where'd you find that funny vid in your sig? i want to email it to a friend but not link to CKD lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:15 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Whisp wrote:
mikey where'd you find that funny vid in your sig? i want to email it to a friend but not link to CKD lol

just copy it and rehost it on imageshack. The take the credits whisp lolol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:58 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Well I lost...Today was anyone's day but it wasn't mine.

However I will bitch for just a moment.

Gamestop didn't even use the regular Microsoft controller...

They used their offbrand:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Product ... t_id=43229

This controller sucked! I know how good I am but when my finger slid off a controller that didn't register the moves of my character, I knew it was over. My thumb slid off the slick new plastic like butter, no rubber grip...made it imposible. Getting Ultra Combos was out of the question, I had enough trouble pulling tiger uppercuts (dragon punch motions) since I play with the analog, which means anyone proficient with the D-pad had a good day lol.

Bottom line: I know how good I am and in earnest, I may or may not have made the finals, I saw a few guys that could have beaten me but I didn't neccessarily see anyone with any more talent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:13 am 

That sucks when those store just cheated your life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:25 pm 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

I dunno i wasn't very impressed with this game. I loved the Techs in the last one now they changed it along with having Akuma as one of the starting chars. They made it too hardcore for me. I just wanna come on and play Akuma talk trash that i can't cash and then get off. Not spend a million hours just to get a basic Char.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:29 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Hopefully you got Akuma unlocked Tal.

If not:

enjoy the fine craftsmanship of acting of Jackie Chan in this youtube as it is probably far better and more entertaining than the Kristen Kreuk "Legend of Chun Li" POS movie that is curretnly out...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55Z48SMWSHs[/youtube]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:38 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

haha
ive seen that movie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:36 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Mikey caught me sleeping today, he was pwning me in the beginning then I woke up as Mikey was thinking about eating Chicken.

Final was like 11 matches: 6 me 5 Mikey

And a picture for Mikey to photoshop when he finds a good wheelchair...

LOL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:20 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

she fills the outfit pretty well. Now i have to photoshop her sitting on a wheelchair. cause that how she would look when i was done with you

Board index » Community » Community Discussion