It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:30 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Community Discussion

Post subject: For the sake of wandering...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:22 pm 
DL Hughley

I like this band called Moonsorrow, they are from Finland. In 2008 I flew to Minnesota for the first time to see them headlining night two of an event called the Heathen Crusade. It was their second night ever in the USA and I figured I might never see them again. Ended up having an awesome time and meeting the leader. I saw them again last year on three nights of the Paganfest tour and befriended their guitarist. They toured this year, and I had originally planned just to go see them in Philadelphia and NYC (local shows) and once again in St. Paul Minnesota, site of the first place I saw them.

Then I lost my job.

So instead of three shows...I went to seven. They gave me an all access pass to get in wherever I could make it. 2,000 miles and 45 hours on Greyhound buses, 10 days, 3 days without sleep, 2 miles trekked on foot in the dead of a Detroit night, 6 hours with a crazy old lady talking about demons, 1 pair of socks and a hell of a time.

I somehow managed not to take any pictures the whole time, but I got plenty of performance videos. I befriended various members of all three bands on the tour and solidified my relationship with Moonsorrow. It was a once in a lifetime trip and despite the horrible bus travel and some shitty towns I had to travel through it was absolutely, completely worth it.

So motherfuckers, when you think you have a chance to do something you've never done before, take it. You may have never done it before, and likely won't ever get the chance again.

Regret is the prize for those who risk nothing. Long live the journey.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4SzJztV3ac[/youtube]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:13 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

That sounds amazing. I'm sorry to hear you lost your job, but that sounds seriously awesome.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:37 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

awesome.

Board index » Community » Community Discussion