It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:27 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Community Discussion

Post subject: Alcoholics
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:43 pm 
DL Hughley

On Saturday there was a huge downtown pub crawl, buy a $15 ticket, get a free drink at 8 different local clubs. Thing was massive, thousands of people turned out. I, however, hit the wall early and stopped drinking. As any drunk knows, once you hit stride you don't stop, otherwise you will have the walking hangover before you ever pass out.

So on Sunday, Halloween, I was angry and decided I would drink what I should have drunk the day before. The final tally (as far as I can remember):

126oz of beer
2 Pints of cider
7 jaegerbombs
1 long island iced tea that I don't remember ordering, and only remember the first swig of.

Meanwhile all this during a metal show.

What I can no longer remember:

When I left the bar
How I got home
How I fractured my hand
Where this ugly cut on my forehead came from
Why my cellphone was in the front yard
Whose jacket I took home instead of my own

Judging by how horrible my November 1st was, I'm going to say I had a pretty killer October 31st.

So for the drunks and the clean folk of ytp.com, for everyone from Kluya to Sunshine, when is the last time (or first time) you got absolutely and completely destroyed and why? How was your next day? Would you do it again? haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:53 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

The closest I got to being completely drunk was at my cousin's wedding in Chicago (about a 12 hour drive from where I live). This was just over 2 years ago.

They had an open bar so I got something peachy with I think a raspberry in the bottom for my first drink. I don't think my dad knew I had that already so he got me a screwdriver, and didn't seem to care if I was drinking so I figured I'd have a little fun. I ended up getting another cousin of mine to get me another screwdriver after everyone had sat down to eat.

After a bit the waiters brought out champagne for everyone, and the cousins I was sitting with had 3 small children who they poured the champagne for, so I drank that before they could. At some point I had to go to the bathroom, which was upstairs and sucked trying to get to.

Overall I had 1 peach thingy, 2 or 3 screwdrivers, something with vodka OJ and cranberry juice I think, and 3-5 glasses of champagne. After all that I was the person that found where we had parked.

The thing that sucked about that was pretty much went right back to the hotel to bed and back home next morning, nothing exciting.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:24 pm 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

I've never had so much that I blacked out.

I binge drank every now and again toward the end of high school and early college when I was hanging out with my brother because it was easily accessible. I haven't really gotten seriously piss drunk in a long time. The stuff doesn't affect me like it used to I don't think.

A lot of my friends didn't drink on a regular basis, and drinking has always been a social thing for me, so I hardly consumed alcohol toward the last few years of college. That and Emilia doesn't drink much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:18 pm 
DL Hughley

Yeah Cad you were my original choice for "Clean person" to list, I just had a feeling. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:41 am 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

DeadLegend wrote:
Yeah Cad you were my original choice for "Clean person" to list, I just had a feeling. lol

lol

Yeah, I guess. I so much prefer some nice scotch and a relatively quiet evening with friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:19 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Caduceus wrote:
That and Emilia doesn't drink much.

Nope, I don't. But then again, I only weigh about 100 lbs irl. So one beer can go a loooooong way :wink: 3 beers and I'm smashed. Only been really drunk once, wound up puking in a trash can in cad's room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:48 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Whooooooaaaa dead. As a fellow alchoholic, I can appreciate how much 7 jaeger bombs would affect somebody. That added with that much beer and the long island...would really fuck somebody up lol.

I still keep it real. I binge drink every single Friday and Saturday night. I usually have around 10 beers and maybe a shot of whiskey and call it a night. I do enjoy a jaeger bomb or 2, but I don't think i'd be alive after 7 lol! You are a champ.

At age 29, it's harder to bounce back from rough nights. I was hardcore with the shots and heavy drinking all last weekend, which resulted in a 2 day hangover. I'm gonna attempt a break from drinking soon because the aftermath is killer (these days).

Board index » Community » Community Discussion