It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:28 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Community Discussion

Post subject: car accident
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:16 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I got in a car accident a few weeks ago. I was in a residential area by my work (1 lane each way). Some jackass tried passing me on the left, as I was turning left. I had my turn signal on and everything.

The cop cited the other driver, who is a 20 year old kid. The kid is trying to lie to avoid liability. He says I was parked on the side of the road and turned into him (which isn’t true).

Anyways here’s some fun pics. Just got the car back all fixed.

the pictures are out of order haha. The crash picture is the bottom, the fixed picture (from today) is on the top.

Attachments:
File comment: after
photo.JPG
photo.JPG [ 1.13 MiB | Viewed 1696 times ]
File comment: Before
RO_2040_06.jpg
RO_2040_06.jpg [ 120.45 KiB | Viewed 1696 times ]

Post subject: Re: car accident
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:58 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Oh geez! I'm glad you got it fixed. Make sure you stick it to that punk kid.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:22 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Nice rims, hope you dont have a fart can on that thing.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:03 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

someone wrecked into my car a few years ago and he denied guilt, so we went to court, and he recited the events just like they happened, and the judge was like "WHY THE HELL ARENT YOU PLEADING GUILTY" i lold
oh and he had really bad breath

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:41 pm 
CKD's Minimum Fuck up

in texas (or at least the dallas area) almost every wreck is ruled a no fault. The cops would sooner just walk away and make the insurance companies fight it out for whos liable. My only wreck was when i was 17 and i ran a red light coming home from college and T'd a minivan. Cops treated me greatly and the lady i hit like shit (she was asian). End of the day the accident was ruled a no fault lol.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:54 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

wow such damage! I'm glad you're ok.

I did once have a lady on a cell phone back into my car in a parking lot. She was too busy talking and pulled out backwards from her spot without even looking, just as my car was passing behind her. She pulled out so fast that it banged up the entire front side of my car. She didn't even get off the phone, and when she finally decided to hang up she said to the other person on the line, "i gotta go some white girl hit muh car" ..... -_-

She refused to show me her insurance card, so i had to call the police. The police said we had to come up to the station, and she didnt show up for 3 hours while i waited there. finally when she did she kept insisting to the cop taking our report that it wasnt her fault. The cop really laid into her though since it was impossible for me to have hit her and suffered damage on my passanger side lol.
When I asked the lady's name, she gave me a fake one, and when the cop told her she had to show me her insurance, she merely flashed it at me then left. So i had to pay $5 to get a copy of her police report which had her real contact info and have my insurance hunt down who her insurance was.

When that insurance called me, they asked where i wanted to take my car in for repairs. They said i could take it anywhere, and didn't need a prior quote. Seeing that this lady was such a B the entire time, i found the absolute most expensive place i could - the local porsche dealership body shop. It was like $50 an hour just for my car to sit there. i forget the exact number but the final bill they told me was around the $35,000 range.
Not to mention the addition costs incurred like my car rental etc. I'm hoping in the end of it her insurance premium skyrocketed.
:trollface:

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:47 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

Kioko wrote:
but the final bill they told me was around the $35,000 range

you. are. awesome.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:12 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

That a girl Kio lol.

Kluya, that looks like you took it to a ballin' body shop. I need to find me one of those.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:30 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Kluya that sucks haha. I was in three accidents on 2010. None as bad as the picture you showed. Two of them were in the range of about 10k for the repais. I was not responsible for a single accident, but of course my insurance still went up a pinch, like 10 bucks more a month. It annoyed this shit out of me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:43 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

sucks man. dont let that fucking guy get away on liability. just keep pushing it. i got into three accidents on my motorcycle over the last year. one was my fault, another was a drunk driver who got away and i never caught, and one was a guy who denied liability after he pulled in front of me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:37 pm 
Ron Jeremy irl
Ron Jeremy irl

just read this post, that is awesome kio! btw, what kind of car do you have?

Board index » Community » Community Discussion