It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Community Discussion

Post subject: The one that got away
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:47 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

In the spirit of the season, was there ever a toy you asked for over and over again as a kid but never got? Perhaps you lost faith that your parents loved you or Santa was mocking your by letting your friend down the street have it?

Mine was the My Little Pony Slumber Party gift set. I saw it in a big bin on sale while out shopping with my mom and immediately asked for it to be my next gift. She said no, and despite me asking for it for my birthday and xmas like 3 years in a row I never did get it.
I was always kinda upset about it as a child, but thinking back my mom just probably was never able to find it again after that, especially seeing as I had just about every other MLP anything as a gift lol.

I could have sworn there was a pizza party one too but I can't find images on it.

Why did I want it? Actually mostly cause i always had a hankering for lots of accessories. I loved anything that came with tons of tiny plastic molded whatevers that would inevitably be lost in the carpets and voids of the house.

:derp:

Post subject: Re: The one that got away
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:25 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

haha. That's kind of cute.

I'm not sure if I have an equivalent toy to really share, sadly. Not that I got everything I wanted, but moreso that I just don't remember much about that stuff.

I know one year I did make a completely outrageous christmas list, purely for the purpose of making my parents laugh. I included things like my own private island, a private jet, a conscience. haha. The hilarious thing was that they actually got everything on the list in some manner. A postcard of an island with drawn-in lettering of, "Ryan's Island", and a little Jiminy Cricket doll to serve as the conscience. haha

My parents rock.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:15 pm 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

Funny my Wife just gave her old "My Little Pony" to my daughter that she kept for many year when she used to be little. LOL!

edit: She got a shitload of these things! :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:40 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

I always wanted the GI Joe space shuttle. But it was $100. Every time I went to the toy store I begged my parents for it. I had a friend who was super rich and he had one, and I was quite jealous.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:42 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

TMNT Van (i had all 4 turtles and the robot turtle :P ) didnt get it one christmas day.

there was alot of me wanting something and not getting it. but it usually only lasted till I left the toy store. there wasn't anything I truly lusted over. lots of "I wish i had this and that like i saw on tv" but I didnt bug my parents too much about it. my theory was the least i bugged them the better a chance i would get it. didnt seem to work lol.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:47 am 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

I still have the TMNT van. Not in the greatest condition, but still lasted me many years of awesomeness.

I always wanted the Ghostbusters Slime Blower from Ghostbusters 2.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:12 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

I honestly always got what I wanted. My mother was amazing when it game to paying attention to what I asked for and since we had a big family (5 kids) she always bought christmas gifts right away. There were times I was like "Mom I really want that for christmas" and she would buy it right away and have the store hold it in the back. Of course I was oblivious to the fact she was buying anything, she would tell me to go watch my brothers and look at the video game stuff. We also never asked for anything that was expensive. Im pretty sure me and my brothers owned every single TMNT toy (Yeah we had the van, so eat it) and Jurassic Park toy. We even had the compound lol. Still we knew it would be a bunch of shit that was 10-20 bucks with one gift that would be around 80-100 bucks depending on how much little stuff you got.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:25 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

would you consider talisin your closest sibling?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:30 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Its hard to say, im really close to all my family. Talisin and I have the most in common. Im the middle of 5 kids. My two sisters were close and Talisin and my other younger brother were much closer since they were only a year apart and shared a lot of friends. I had a friend who lived next door my entire childhood, he was pretty much conidered to be the 6th kid in our family, I never had any Middle Child Syndrom type issues.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:07 am 

Meh me and my 2 brothers AlWAYS fight back then but now we get along well and even made a plan last July at Lake Havzau,Ca which was fun! Funny story huh?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:07 am 

Meh me and my 2 brothers AlWAYS fight back then but now we get along well and even made a plan last July at Lake Havzau,Ca which was fun! Funny story huh?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:45 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Pantherxx wrote:

:dbanana:

Board index » Community » Community Discussion