It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:12 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Community Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:10 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Well I like Biden a hell of a lot more than I do Obama, so it helps him out for me; And yeah what original posted is pretty much everything i've heard about Palin, conservative magnet and hillary vote leecher; Her ONLY downside seems to be the experience- Lets see what she can do in the VP debate.
for some laughs, I found this pretty funny lol

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-QevraCQUc&fmt=18[/youtube]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:44 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I thought the Palin pick was a joke, but I guess people like it. I thought Mccain would pick a strong well known conservative like Romney or Huckabee. It would be like Obama picking Arizona's governor Janet Napalitano (she was on his list). I really like her, but I am happy he picked a stronger candidate. I think Mccain made a bad choice and I'm shocked so many people are eating it up.

I'm sure they are trying to sway Hillary voters, but anybody that goes from Hillary's very liberal views to Palin's very conservative views just to vote for a Woman or not vote for Obama...doesn't deserve to vote. Hillary and Palin's stances on issues are completely different, and in the end issues should matter most.

I'm sure most of the undecided voters are going to watch the debates. People should see how different the parties are there when they start debating stuff like ending wars and universal healthcare. Palin is going to get owned by Biden in the VP debates lol I can't wait.

Here's the debate schedule

September 26, 2008: Presidential debate with domestic policy focus, University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS
October 2, 2008: Vice Presidential debate, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
October 7, 2008: Presidential debate in a town hall format, Belmont University, Nashville, TN
October 15, 2008:Presidential debate with foreign policy focus, Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:07 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

lol I almost voted for mccain out of my severe distrust of Obama's experience and that I kind of like the guy as a person- i also respect him for saying he didn't think being gay was a sin, hes not such a conservative buttcrack; But Palin is an evil succubus lol, shes like a female huccabilly :/ its a sure thing she will draw some hillary voters but, also you know this just gets everybody talking about the republicans. Palin needs to now just do well in the debate and give strong speeches, if she gets pwned, I think its over for mccain lol- but I do admit this was a very good attempt on his part, shes a good political pick, and if mccain wins I think she will most likely be why

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:48 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

Whisp wrote:
http://debates.news.yahoo.com/

This site has some good video clips of 8 democratic candidates speaking about the issues.
I've watched hillary, obama, kucinich, and edwards on Iraq. This, along with about a dozen podcasts make me think Obama is the most impressive speaker & thinker. I haven't done much research, but so far I'd lean toward Obama.

qft 1 yr ago

..qmft..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:23 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs[/youtube]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:20 pm 
Vanadiel Animal Rights Activist

Salvatore wrote:
There are actually other ppl on the ticket, of course they wont get voted in, but that could change if ppl actually took intrest and gave a shit and stopped being so damn complaicent (sp) ?Ever hear of the liberterian party, maybe you should look into them, they have some awesome ideals..

I couldn't agree more. http://www.lp.org

Bob Barr 08!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXQ9Op8thmA[/youtube]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:02 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

My top 10 most important political factors.

1-Heal the rift between liberals and conservatives.
2-Prevent religious bias from affecting any political decision (no prayer in schools, no taxpayer money to churches, fund embryonic stem cell research, right to choose abortion, equal same-sex marriage rights).
3-Support and fund scientific advancement.
4-People with predetermined, unpreventable health problems should have health insurance assistance from the government.
5-Revitalizing the economy should be a major priority.
6-We should leave Iraq ASAP and intelligently, focus on bin Laden and homeland security.
7-We should try to repair the American reputation in the world.
8-Support the building of an alternative fuel infrastructure.
9-Enforce stricter laws on gun control including any bans deemed necessary.
10-Typically favor investing in protecting the environment.

anything else after that isn't as important to me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:08 am 

Whisp wrote:
1-Heal the rift between liberals and conservatives.

The Libertarian party exists somewhere in that rift between liberals and conservatives. The Republican party has been turning more liberal if you haven't noticed. Of course the way they heal this rift is by spending more of your tax dollars. Bipartisan politics are resolved by "I'll vote for your spending if you vote for my spending" and the govt spends more money. They need to solve that problem in another way, they're spending too much trying to get along. They'd spend less if they were fighting all the time.
Whisp wrote:
2-Prevent religious bias from affecting any political decision (no prayer in schools, no taxpayer money to churches, fund embryonic stem cell research, right to choose abortion, equal same-sex marriage rights).

Well the LP would agree with no money to churches, right to choose abortion, equal same-sex marriage rights.
LP would not support govt funding embryonic stem cell research, but would defend anyone's right to donate to research.
About prayer in schools, well, you could pray in school as long as it doesn't interfere with other students learning. So really prayer shouldn't be allowed in school, but you can't punish a student for praying unless they are interfering with other students' right to learn and to not pray.
Whisp wrote:
3-Support and fund scientific advancement.

LP would say private funding for that stuff. You shouldn't be forced to donate to science research by funding it with your taxes, but if you paid less in taxes you would have more money to invest in whatever science you want.
Whisp wrote:
4-People with predetermined, unpreventable health problems should have health insurance assistance from the government

LP has a different approach to this. End government involvement in the health care industry that has driven costs up.
Whisp wrote:
5-Revitalizing the economy should be a major priority.

LP would do that by reducing regulations and lowering taxes.
Whisp wrote:
6-We should leave Iraq ASAP and intelligently, focus on bin Laden and homeland security.

LP would leave Iraq immediately. LP wouldn't have invaded in the 1st place. LP would of course focus on homeland security and bringing Bin Laden to justice. The LP would also support making Bin Laden paying full restitution to the victims of 9/11 and the damage he did to the buildings and air crafts.

Whisp wrote:
7-We should try to repair the American reputation in the world.

LP would do this by stopping with the interventionism and trying to be the world police.

Whisp wrote:
8-Support the building of an alternative fuel infrastructure.

LP would legalize and deregulate hemp which may be the best source for biofuels. I don't think any other party would do that.
LP would deregulate energy sources but not subsidize.
Whisp wrote:
9-Enforce stricter laws on gun control including any bans deemed necessary.

LP disagrees. You have the right to own guns for self defense.
Whisp wrote:
10-Typically favor investing in protecting the environment.

LP wrote:
We support a clean and healthy environment and sensible use of our natural resources. Private landowners and conservation groups have a vested interest in maintaining natural resources. Pollution and misuse of resources cause damage to our ecosystem. Governments, unlike private businesses, are unaccountable for such damage done to our environment and have a terrible track record when it comes to environmental protection. Protecting the environment requires a clear definition and enforcement of individual rights in resources like land, water, air, and wildlife. Free markets and property rights stimulate the technological innovations and behavioral changes required to protect our environment and ecosystems. We realize that our planet's climate is constantly changing, but environmental advocates and social pressure are the most effective means of changing public behavior.

LP believes environmental issues are important, but looks at it a different way. They think government for the most part mismanages the environment, because the government itself is for the most part not held accountable for their own pollution.
So really one way to invest in protecting the environment is to invest less in the government. If you don't like a company's environmental policies you could boycott them or even sue them. But you can't boycott the government unless you want to go to jail. And good luck suing the government.

By my count, the libertarian party supports about half of your major concerns, but not necessarily in the same way you do.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35

Board index » Community » Community Discussion