It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:45 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Community Discussion

Post subject: Are you this honest?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:41 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

This woman is seriously honest. Although I think stealing something like this would have probably ended up haunting her in the end.

Still.... read the artlcle

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060607/D8I3K058I.html

Quote:
Woman Returns Lockbox Containing $40,000

Email this Story

Jun 7, 5:06 PM (ET)

BROKEN ARROW, Okla. (AP) - Broken Arrow police are praising a Coweta woman who found a loaded lockbox from an automated teller machine and turned it in to authorities.

Teresa Stiles was putting gas into her car when she saw the lockbox, which contained about $40,000, fall off a Brinks truck onto a street Monday morning. When neither the truck's driver nor other people nearby responded, Stiles retrieved the box from the roadway, put it in her car and drove straight to the Broken Arrow Police Department.

"It felt weird," said Stiles, who feared someone might think she was stealing the box. "It was really kind of nervewracking."

She said she looked for a phone number or other contact information on the box, but there was none. She said she did not know how much money was in the box, which was fully intact and still sealed when she took it to police.

Broken Arrow police spokeswoman Capt. Carole Newell said authorities think the lockbox fell off the Brinks truck after the box had been picked up from a nearby Bank of America ATM.

Police and Brinks officials have contacted Stiles to thank her for her honesty. Stiles said Brinks officials have told her they want to do something for her in appreciation, although she said it's not necessary.

"I would hope that if anybody else would find it they would have done the same thing I did," Stiles said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:30 am 
Even Match
Even Match

I'd like to say "Yes" but already I can hear "Finders keepers" going off in my brain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:54 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

screw that shit, I'd take it... honesty is in the eye of the beholder as well. If you don't exist to me, I can't be lying to you :-p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:39 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Id probably never beable to live with the guilt and worry that one day I would get busted.

Id turn it in and hope for the best.

I wouldnt say that Im "honest" as much as "I dont have the balls" to steal 40,000 bucks, or maybe thats the same thing lol.

Last edited by Yarr on Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:45 pm 
Eater of cow souls

live with the guild lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:54 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

your guild would actually be happy that you brought $40,000 to help them get set up and/or survive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:45 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

I'd buy pot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:38 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

i used to live in broken arrow oklahoma. (the tulsa area). its one of the most religious places on the planet thanks to rhema bible school, oral roberts university, and the fact that there are about 10 churches per square mile ( i calculated it a few years ago ). every store is christian. everyone i met was really religious, the kind of people with a very glazed-over look like they're already thinking of heaven. they all think their god is watching their every move, so this story doesnt suprise me at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:08 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

I'm not extremely religious, but I'd turn it in. Your chosen religion and morality are, despite the claims of the masses, two entirely separate entities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:16 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I would keep it. Probably use it to pay for a cheap car and/or to get into an apartment/condo or downpayment on a house. I would like to say that I would give it back, but I doubt I would resist the temptation of $40,000 and what I could buy with it.

Board index » Community » Community Discussion