It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:35 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Community » Community Discussion

Post subject: 95 Southbound Re-Opens After Accident
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:54 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

http://wjz.com/local/local_story_214091505.html

Quote:
(WJZ) Baltimore, MD WJZ.COM has learned 95 south at Rt. 100 is reopened after being closed due to a serious accident earlier Wednesday.

Police tell Eyewitness News the accident involved four vehicles and a tractor trailer.

One of the vehicles was overturned and crews were on the scene performing a rescue.

Eyewitness News has a crew on the scene.

Stay with Eyewitness News and WJZ.COM for additional information on this still breaking story.

My stepdad was involved in this. He was in the tractor trailer when the dumbass in the minivan swerved in front of him and hit the brakes. Nobody died but my mom said the passenger in the minivan went to the hospital. I don't think anyone else was hurt, but my stepdad's truck is totaled and now he can't work until it's fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:21 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Did he have insurance?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:58 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

His insurance is covered for $35,000 or so on the truck, so if it's totaled, he'll get a check from the minivan's driver's insurance for that to pay off the truck, and we'll get the $3000 already invested back. Probably for another truck.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:37 pm 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

that sucks to hear this but for me if I was driving, I normaly I drive in safer way. If that van did the same thing to me I would ram it as I get the truck to slow down safely and keep it in control without rolling the truck over. that how I would do it as an exps trucker.

so Which did turn over truck or van?

I seen worse accident when I used to drive state to state and its is scary when ppl do dumb things trying to be in "hurry" or "late for something" or "dont give a fuck about ya" that drives out there.

Well hope your dad keeps the logs and other stuff legal that way he will not be found at fault.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:15 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Well, the van and truck didn't roll, it was one of the others 3 cars that was hit. Witnesses stopped and told the police what happened, so the guy in the van is going to be a fault.

I told my mom the exact same thing you said you would do, but she didn't believe me that it was safer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:42 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Armani wrote:
Well, the van and truck didn't roll, it was one of the others 3 cars that was hit. Witnesses stopped and told the police what happened, so the guy in the van is going to be a fault.

I told my mom the exact same thing you said you would do, but she didn't believe me that it was safer.

It's safer. When you're driving a truck you have to avoid jackknifing or rolling at all costs, even hitting other cars. Or at least that's what my uncle says.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:06 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yeah. Don't want to roll over those 82 ton death machines. Our step-dad had to pull over into the median which was sloped towards the middle, and he managed to not roll the truck over. If he had, there was a woman stuck under his trailer.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:08 am 

Armani wrote:

That good thing to heard and getting Witnesses is good cuzz those ppl that seen what happen would just come and check see if ok then takes off before police show up so always get their name or lic plate of that they drive.

glad heard that every is ok and no death had happen.

Dmitry wrote:
Don't want to roll over those 82 ton death machines.

Btw these truck with full legal load and trailer goes no higher than 40 tons.

But in somecase there are oversize load can go more than 40 tons wih permit paper work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:11 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I may have exaggerated a little...

Ponuh wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:43 pm 

yeah you did but you did make it sounded like real death machine. Anyhow its driver who does the safely and I am one of them like that.

Board index » Community » Community Discussion