It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:18 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:07 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

who doesnt want to know more lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:37 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

I'll be playing (or try to) when the servers come up tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:14 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Hey angel, pm me your info (character name) so we can meet up tomorrow, i'm on shadowlord.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:42 am 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

man I wanna see what FFXIV looks like in SS, fights and more. so I can see what to to do when game comes out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:57 am 
Spammer, to the max!

any unkillable bosses?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:10 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

My optimism died with the complete lack of quality for the servers.
My hope died with how much I had to lower my resolution just so it wouldn't give me crappy FPS/mouse lag.
Apathy set in when I saw just how badly it got when it was in a populated area.

My system is by far from perfect, but if I can run (at the time) Aion beta beautifully with no problems then I can't believe SE is this out of touch when it comes to their products.

Yeah yeah beta, blahdeblahblah... not even going to bother with the PC, considering how many days it took for them just to get their crap together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:52 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

You can't compare Aion beta to FFXIV beta though. I think your expectations are way too high.
Aion beta was 2 versions earlier than Korean release. ex. K-Aion live version is 1.0.5, NA-Aion beta is 1.0.3--it was a polished version of the game in beta state.

Let's look at some other examples though. Warhammer Online was terrible, same problems and even worst devs. Star trek Online was a nightmare, completely unplayable during beta, so much so that they had to rush it's release so people wouldn't get too disappointed and drop the game. APB's alpha phase was just to test connectivity, server capacity and memory leaks. It was on alpha for a VERY long time, beta was even longer, not until final stages that it got a little better.

My point is, beta is there for us (the player base) to test and report bugs, crashes, delays, exploits etc, not for you to get to max level and learn the whole story line of the game before its release. If you played aion post beta, you know what i'm talking about. The client is no yet finished, it'll take some time before everything get's in the right place.

If you're to give up on the PC version, at least do so after release. I had no problems running alpha/beta on my GTX295, i have even less issues on my GTX480, and keep in mind i play on a 30" monitor @ 2560x1600.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:11 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

I don't care about max level or whatever, just that I can play it without making it seem like a volunteer job. And not a fun, fulfilling one, like building a house, or helping at an animal shelter, I mean court ordered volunteer work, picking trash in 95+° heat, or working at a retirement home that just smells like encroaching death.

It's hard to test for stuff, or give any feedback, if the average (I'd consider my setup "average", being able to run most things on medium/high @ 1680x1050) user can't run it on normal settings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:28 am 

Well I remember checking what this game required to run. it said 9600 Gforce or up well does that mean my 8800 GTX 512k dual video SLI mode are not going to run cuase I ran the benchtest that only lower setting will score 2800 range but HD 1080P mode scored 1700 so what deal is? the rest is ok just video so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:25 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Pantherxx wrote:
Well I remember checking what this game required to run. it said 9600 Gforce or up well does that mean my 8800 GTX 512k dual video SLI mode are not going to run cuase I ran the benchtest that only lower setting will score 2800 range but HD 1080P mode scored 1700 so what deal is? the rest is ok just video so far.

I think the minimum 9600 is a single card Panther, you should be all right if you're running two in SLI. And you ran the benchmark successfully at the very least, so you should be able to play on low settings.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:01 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Hopefully sli will be supported, as of now it is not.

Also i have mouse lag too, but that has nothing to do with my hardware. If you have a controller laying around, try hooking it up, for now its the best way to avoid the mouse lag.

Again with the Aion references, we're in 2010 and aion was release on november 2008. You might be expecting way too much from you "average" setup, with newer hardware the game runs very nice for a beta stage. You don't have to spend much either, the now GTX460's are pretty cheap and will handle the graphics at your resolution. If you're thinking that you shouldn't need to upgrade to play a new game at good settings, or that FFXIV won't be a slow character developing/grinding type game, well you might wanna stick to Aion/wow.

What's your hardware set-up anyways?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:14 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Quote:
Again with the Aion references, we're in 2010 and aion was release on november 2008. You might be expecting way too much from you "average" setup, with newer hardware the game runs very nice for a beta stage.

My point being, is it didn't require new technology for it to look good and still function, didn't require 2-3 drops of resolution, which is fine if I had to do anyways, but when it can't function even then, it's almost pointless to have the option for lower graphics if it takes that much.

My computer isn't great, just got it because my previous one completely shit the bed and it would of been more expensive to fix. If I had a job at the time I got it, I probably wouldn't of settled for a store bought computer.. but thems the breaks.

Currently using a Geforce 9400 GT w/ a 22" monitor.

Finally, please stop bringing up Aion like I raved about the game beyond function, I've never played the retail release, I never went pass lvl 14 or so in the beta. My entire and only point, was I couldn't run FFXIV in a playable setting, no matter how much I lowered my settings, so I could still play without frustration in movement. I don't know how you got my personal preference in games out of that, or my playstyle, but stop it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:38 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

I like turtles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:55 am 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

Whisp wrote:
I like turtles.

Sea turtles?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:16 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Launch day will be total chaos and mayhem...I can't wait!!

If it does indeed launch..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:07 pm 

Metalmilitia wrote:
Whisp wrote:
I like turtles.

Sea turtles?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

anyhow I do plan to upgrade video to 460 somthing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:38 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:37 pm 
DL Hughley

In March, when you faggots are still trying to get your settings right, and nobody's gained any exp because their computers are too weak I will install on my PS3 and complain that the game looks like shit due to PC limitations.

Fuck you guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:46 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I'm not trying to turn this into an argument or flame war at all, and even though it may come of like that, i don't intend to. I'm simply trying to clarify that it's not entirely SE's fault for some of it's bad player base experiences throughout alpha/beta.

Now i understand your point, your computer can't handle the game, but you really can't blame SE for it. Your video card doesn't even make to the "minimum requirements" list. Even though you previously didn't need to upgrade, you're going to have to now if you want to play it on PC, but once you do, most if not all of the issues you're experiencing will disappear. You said SE is out of touch with its player base, but that's not entirely true either, specially when it comes to hardware. If you take a look at steam's hardware survey, you'll notice that most PC gamers have the required hardware to play FFXIV.

And like i said you don't need a super computer to play it. If you spend $200 on a GTX260 you will be able to run the game with breeze, you'll also be able to play newer games too with breeze. You don't even have to spend that much, you could probably get away with a GTX285 or one of ATI's counterparts.

I'm not trying to start any trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:13 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

From FFXIXcore.com

American Pre-Order Numbers (http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders.php)

Wagram123 discovered the North American pre-order numbers for Final Fantasy XIV so far. It's updated once a week and the numbers are not to be taken with a 100% accuracy, so don't go crazy! But should be fairly close to the real deal.

Note that there's still 11 weeks until the launch of FFXIV and there are already 79,937 PC North American pre-orders of the game. Also the change from the last week is an increase of 38,706 pre-orders for the PC.

The amount of PS3 pre-orders are currently at 18,007, a number increased by 3,403 since last week.

Currently the total pre-order number for PC and PS3 is at 97,944. (North America only)

It's also listed as number 12 so far on the pre-order list, with titles such as Starcraft 2 and Halo: Reach on top of the list.

Also interesting to note that the week XIV got a release date, World of Warcraft: Cataclysm got a -23,435 update on the numbers. A bunch of people canceled their pre-orders.

This week

+ 38,706 PC = 79,937
+ 3,403 PS3 = 18,007
+ 42,109 = 97,944 Total

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:24 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

That kind of makes me regret going for the collector's edition for the early access. I'm sure the rest of the goodies will be cool, but extra stress trying to get on early will probably not be worth it.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:13 am 

The other question is how many Collector's Edition will be handed out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:24 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

So far we have only 5 people in the beta section lol. Anyone else get in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:44 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yarr wrote:
So far we have only 5 people in the beta section lol. Anyone else get in?

Did you get my PM?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:52 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

I missed it, but i see it now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion