It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:36 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: CKD Website Testing
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:36 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Hey Gang,

http://rosehusky.com/newsite/index.php

Okay. I created default accounts for most everyone who was in the most recent closed beta.

Yarr and myself can create new players and modify the access levels of existing members. Ket, Whisp and Kitty (as well as Yarr and myself) are able to post news on the homepage and events on the calendar.

I basically just want people to poke around and test updating their profiles, signing up for events on the calendar, canceling sign ups and other general stress testing. There's lots of places that involve user input, so any point in which you fill out a form, make sure you do thorough testing. I did my best at error handling, but there's always something that ultimately isn't accounted for.

When you first log in, make sure you change your password. All passwords are generic as "password" right now. If it doesn't work, please let me know.

This is really a bare-bones version of the site with profiles, news posts and calendar events functional. If there are other features you'd like to see, don't hesitate to ask. As we toy around with it during open beta, I'm sure there will be other things to add to the site, or change, so don't hesitate to ask.

Those of you who don't have accounts yet, please don't be dicks and log into other people's account. haha. Contact Yarr or I for an account, and in the meantime, feel free to toy around with the guest accounts.

Guest1
Guest2
Guest3
Guest4

All have a password of: password

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:07 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Event calendar is nice. Some good things to add to it would be:

- Ability to change months, forward and backward (like Whisp suggested)
- Show current month you are viewing above the calender

I like the stats profile, would be cool to eventually have a way to upload character screenshot, or edit equipment.

Looking good so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:27 am 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

do I have to wait until I get in the game so you can add me in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:02 am 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

The color scheme looks a lot better. I'm diggin' it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:04 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Update:

I encapsulated the calendar-creation code into a new function, so I could pass variables into it to decide which month it would display. As a result, I can spit calendars out all over the place whenever I feel like it. For now, however, I simply have the current month and next month displayed. Those seem like the two most useful months to have up.

Thoughts on it were that I could have next month hide/show with a simple link to not clutter up the screen. If you guys think more months are necessary, how exactly would you like them displayed?

As for being able to enter what kind of gear you're wearing into the profile screen, I thought about that. If there's some database I can use to generate lists of available gear, then I'm all for it. If you want to simply Write in what gear you have equipped in each slot, we could do that, too. But I think that's a bit more sloppy.

And keep the suggestions coming!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:17 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Ridere,

I was thinking something along the lines of this:

Currently selected month clearly outlined, with connecting months grayed out for the given weeks. Arrows near the month name for moving Forward and Backwards on the calendar.

However, it does make sense that we shouldn't really need to see the calendar for months that have already passed - but would be nice for nostalgic purposes down the road.

Post subject: Re: CKD Website Testing
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:18 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

this website is still up, and it's the second thing that comes up when you google our linkshell. do you have any plans for it ridere? i suppose if people see it they may think we've been inactive since 2010.

Post subject: Re: CKD Website Testing
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:01 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Oh wow... Look at my awesome PHP skills. I forgot about this website.

I dunno. I had big plans for it, but the general consensus was that people would just use the forums for everything, so it made me not feel like working on it anymore. haha

I'll post an update message in there for now.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion