It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:40 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Who else waiting for the PS3 version?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:06 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

man io really wish i could play now but my computer just aint what it used to be. Figure there will be sweet PS3 bundle come release time and that the ps3 price hopefully drops this holiday. Another good thing is that most bugs and glitches with servers will be fixed by then and we also will have the whole linkshell to sit all day and power level us and feed us all there free item haha j/m. but yea who else is waiting? going to buy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:28 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

Im so used to keyboard i couldnt imagine playing with a controller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:46 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

You can also used a keyboard with your ps3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:06 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

this game was designed for the controller IMO, keyboard seems like an afterthought.

FFXI - Yurichan: 75THF(Ret) / SC2 - Lawncare / XBOX - Zombie Sharks / PS3 - Zombie_Sharks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:30 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

I think Tal will probably end up playing a little during the PS3 launch. Not sure how long he will last, i guess that depends if I pay for his monthly fees or not lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:55 pm 
DL Hughley

If I play it'll be on ps3, not sure if I'm playing though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:02 pm 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

mouse and keyboard will work with PS3 unllike PS2 did before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:41 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I'm pretty sure mouse and keyboard worked on the PS2

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:57 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Keyboard certainly worked on the PS2, I never did try a mouse though.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/871200/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:26 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

I'd probably play when it comes out on the PS3 since I don't have a reliable PC to play now.

Hi Panther.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:12 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I played FFXI with a PS2 controller on my PC because I couldn't get used to keyboard controls.

I play FFXIV with a PS3 controller that's configured it the way I had FFXI configured on my PS2 controller. Everything works great, except fighting is very difficult and different from FFXI.

You can still set macros to the L1 and R1 like before, but you have to hold the buttons down for the menu to stay open. It's not convenient for fighting since there is no auto-attack and you have to spam attack abilities. Instead you manually select commands from the action menu (whatever it's called) and flip back and forth between actions with the d-pad. What sucks about that, is the d-pad is used for both targeting mobs and actions.

If you are fighting more than one mob, it's VERY difficult to target the next mob with the controller. While in "active mode" instead of targeting, you will cycle through your actions. So you either have to switch to "passive mode" after you kill one mob, target the next, then attack it/while switching back to active. Otherwise you need to target it with the mouse then attack with the controller or keyboard (to stay in active mode). As a result, I currently play with a combination of the PS3 controller, mouse, and keyboard. It's fucking terrible haha. I look like a maniac irl.

I'm considering learning how to play with a keyboard and ditching the PS3 controller altogether. I hope they fix it for the PS3 release because it's a huge pain in the ass now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:51 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

i love playing with keyboard

numpad is very useful. thumb on 0-key to toggle through targets. pressing 7 while running to auto-run. 5 to switch first person and third person. ~ to open menu. its pretty much all there. if only they would add directional buttons to operate camera, my left hand would be completely free to do other things irl.

so for now i have to do the WASD + mouse crap to operate camera. i wish i didnt have to use mouse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:16 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Kluya, you can just hit cancel to make your action bar go away and then target the monsters without leaving active mode.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:34 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Dmitry wrote:
Kluya, you can just hit cancel to make your action bar go away and then target the monsters without leaving active mode.

Cool I'll try that. I had a lot of trouble with it in the first week of release and started using the mouse for quickly targeting multiple mobs (for example in leves when 3 are attacking you at once) because people told me it's easier. If I can make it work without the mouse I'll be happy. It's so annoying jumping between mouse, keyboard, and controller.

I really wish I could just play with keyboard+mouse. I should start re-learning the game since I haven't been playing it long anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:45 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I switch back and forth all the time, but I also plugged a keyboard into the front of my PC to keep on my lap lol.

It's a bit annoying, but you can definitely hit cancel to get rid of the action bar and not leave active mode. They need a dedicated icon on the action bar for switching targets.

Ponuh wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:10 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

I'll see if I have the time to play. Looks good from what I've seen while lurking on the boards

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion