It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:04 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Grouping and SP Glitches
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:08 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

So grouping is by far the faster way to rank up from about 18+, but the problem is that SP is glitched in parties with 3 or more members right now. Today Ket, Rid, Kayne, Kitty, and I did some experimenting in a neat little dungeon in Gridania. We still haven't figured out what exactly causes the glitch, but here are some things we found:

1 - In a group of 3, one person would not receive SP at the end of the fight about 90% of the time. There were rare occasions where all 3 members received SP at the end.

2 - In a group of 4, one person would not receive SP at the end of the fight 100% of the time. The order of persons who did not receive SP seemed to be completely random.

Things we narrowed down that were not the issue:
- Shock Spikes - We tested fights both with and without these, thinking maybe the damage from the spikes messed up the SP distribution. Both methods had the same results.

- Stone Skin - Made no difference.

- Hate - There was a theory that maybe if a character did not get put on the hate list that the mob may not see them as having claimed it, and thus would not receive SP. Dark Seal is a THM ability that steals hate over just about anything. I used this during a fight in which the mob was focused on Ket, it immediately came to me and stayed on me till the end of the fight. I received no SP at the end. Ket also received no SP at the end of many fights, and he was tanking them 99% of the time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the glitches didn't happen, we would get anywhere from 150-300 SP per fight. Very little work, no risk of dying, and quick kills. And most importantly: a hell of a lot more fun than soloing to Rank 50.

If anyone has other thoughts on the matter, please post them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:18 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

We tested that HP draining abilities also did not effect weather or not a partied mob procured SP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:23 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Not having hate, or taking damage during the fight also aren't a factor, as Ket glitches, too, and he'll always have hate and take damage.

It also doesn't seem like it's dropping off the highest, or lowest, SP gains of the fight. So I'm really confused as to the cause. Still better than solo, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:05 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Ive noticed this in groups where people arnt seeing any SP. This screen shot isnt the best example. I know people are going to think "oh its just one of your SP Procs that was lagged" but Ive had it where I see two numbers both in the 300s. Ive also added it up and noticed that I do get one of the sums, but the other I dont. In this case I got 200ish SP, but the 21 was never added to my total.

Im probably totally wrong,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:18 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

So you got 262? Since you got the last hit it looks like that 21 at the bottom should be included in the 262. As in you had 241sp prior to your last attack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:10 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

SP Tallies at the end of the fight fall into at least two categories, if not three.

The 262 you received, Yarr, was most likely from attacks on the monsters, since that's usually the highest number. The 21 was a total of SP you received either from healing, or buffing. Healing and buffing either share a pool at the end, or they are separated out into 3 separate "totals" you'll receive at the end. Both of those numbers should have been added to your SP bar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:52 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Guys,

Its not the best example. I've never got 300+ from a single hit in a non LQ xp session. Sometimes my total lists what you see above, but with two totally high numbers. I've checked my totals and the second number has nothing to do with me. Lets put it this way

You gain 800XP
You gain 200SP
You gain 250SP

Now, when I saw this start to happen I started writing down my current SP on a sticky note. Then subtracting that from the total after the fight. The number Im left with always matches to the first SP listing. I have no idea where the second SP number comes from.

Anyway, Im probably be wrong. Just feel like this is tied into the bug that didnt display anyone's SP or XP during beta.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion