It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:30 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: 26 million dollar rage quit. (rumor)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:59 am 
Even Match
Even Match

http://www.massively.com/2010/10/13/rum ... -ragequit/

comments?

FFXI - Yurichan: 75THF(Ret) / SC2 - Lawncare / XBOX - Zombie Sharks / PS3 - Zombie_Sharks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:46 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I'd like someone to actually translate that article that was posted on ffxivcore that the article you linked used for a source.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:08 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Man... if he had stock worth $26 million, why didn't he sell it before now? Don't know when he bought it and I know that SE's stock has be going up, but jeez. Kinda glad it was a JP player though, I think if a NA player had done this SE would just see it as a whining. Maybe they'll actually pay attention and fix the game now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:15 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

cut and paste that here. I cant view it from work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:10 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

Quote:
You may or may not be one of the people unhappy with Final Fantasy XIV in its current state. Certainly the game has both drawn its fair share of ire and praise, and it's hard to picture a launch with more strongly divided opinions. But even if you hate everything the game turned out to be, you have to admit that you can't make quite the spectacle that one unnamed Japanese player did -- a rage-fueled quit that involved selling off $26 million worth of Square-Enix stock as a parting gesture.

Square-Enix experienced a definite dip in stock value on the 7th, dropping from 1800 yen a share to 1735 a share before recovering later in the day. According to Japanese sources, this was preceded by a rather angry dispatch from a shareholder explaining that he was so disgusted by Final Fantasy XIV he no longer wanted any of the stock. While there is some debate as to the chain of events and their veracity, it would certainly make this event the ultimate response to the question of "can I have your stuff?"

FFXI - Yurichan: 75THF(Ret) / SC2 - Lawncare / XBOX - Zombie Sharks / PS3 - Zombie_Sharks

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion