It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:16 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Oct.15 Patch Details
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:48 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Quote:
A version update of FINAL FANTASY XIV was performed at the following time.

*The software client will begin updating automatically the next time you run FINAL FANTASY XIV.

[Date & Time]
Oct. 15, 2010 at 1:45 AM (PDT)

[Affected Service]
FINAL FANTASY XIV

[Important Update Details]

- Market wards have been modified as follows:
* Wards are now assigned specific item categories.
* Items corresponding to a ward’s item category will receive lower tax rates than items that do not correspond to the category.
* For an example of the new ward names and item categories, please visit the following page:
( http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl ... af570568aa )

- Targeting and selecting a retainer will automatically open their Bazaar.

- The party bonus system (which awards bonus skill points for battles fought in a party) has been changed so that the bonus is awarded based on the number of fellow party members in the same area who are within the appropriate skill rank range, not simply the total number of party members.

* The party bonus system awards more points when there are more party members within the appropriate skill rank range.
* In this case, "appropriate skill rank range" means a skill rank no more than five ranks lower or higher than your own.

- The maximum numbers of crystals and shards each character and retainer is capable of carrying has been changed to 9999. This is a temporary measure and crystals or shards obtained in excess of this amount will automatically be discarded. The system is undergoing a fundamental redesign and adjustments will continue to be made.

- NPC display priority has been modified. This will ensure that important NPCs, such as Baderon, are displayed first.

- An issue where the retainer would not appear when summoned with the Summoning Bell has been fixed.

- An issue where the retainer would be visible to other players when summoned with the bell has been fixed.

- An issue where text commands could be used to equip items that the player should not have been able to equip has been fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:55 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Sales tax is 2% for selling an item in the correct ward, and 5% (same as before) for other items. Here's a reminder of all the wards below:

Battlecraft Ward
Pugilist's Arms / Gladiator's Arms / Marauder's Arms / Lancer's Arms / Archer's Arms / Shields / Arrows / Throwing Stones / Throwing Spears / Throwing Circles / Throwing Axes

Spellcraft Ward
Thaumaturge's Arms / Two-Handed Thaumaturge's Arms / Conjurer's Arms / Two-Handed Conjurer's Arms

Fieldcraft Ward
Fisher's Primary Tools / Fisher's Secondary Tools / Miner's Primary Tools / Miner's Secondary Tools / Botanist's Primary Tools / Botanist's Secondary Tools / Bait / Lures

Tradescraft Ward
Goldsmith's Primary Tools / Goldsmith's Secondary Tools / Culinarian's Primary Tools / Culinarian's Secondary Tools / Carpenter's Primary Tools / Carpenter's Secondary Tools / Blacksmith's Primary Tools / Blacksmith's Secondary Tools / Armorer's Primary Tools / Armorer's Secondary Tools / Leatherworker's Primary Tools / Leatherworker's Secondary Tools / Alchemist's Primary Tools / Alchemist's Secondary Tools / Weaver's Primary Tools / Weaver's Secondary Tools / Crystals

Kitcheners Ward
Meat Dishes / Egg Dishes / Grain Dishes / Vegetable Dishes / Sweets / Drinks / Seafood Dishes

Grocers Ward
Eggs / Dairy Products / Vegetables / Vegetables / Vegetables / Grains / Spices / Fruits / Mushrooms / Seasonings / Foodstuffs / Freshwater Fare / Saltwater Fare / Meats

Hunters Ward
Corals & Shells / Teeth & Claws / Wings / Bones / Beastcoins / Feathers

Chirurgeons Ward
Potions / Remedies / Ethers / Toxins / Panaceas / Curatives / Reagents / Dyes / Paints / Oils

Ironmongers Ward
Unrefined Metals / Metal Sheets / Metal Wires / Metals / Clasps / Chainmail Meshes / Armor Metals

Woodcutters Ward
Raw Wood / Lumber / Planks

Tanners Ward
Hides / Leathers / Furs / Armor Hides / Armor Leathers / Footwear Parts

Masons Ward
Ores / Stones / Gemstones

Tailors Ward
Fibers / Cloth / Hooded Attire Cloth / Cloth Bodies / Smallclothes Cloth / Cloth Sleeves / Front Cloth / Back Cloth / Armor Cloth

Tinkerers Ward
Weapon Heads / Weapon Parts / Weapon Butts / Weapon Grips / Fletchings / Shafts / Arrowheads / Hooks / Armor Parts / Sundries

Clothiers Ward
Undershirts / Full Plate / War Garb / Attire / Hooded Attire

Jewellers Ward
Necklaces / Earrings / Bracelets / Rings / Belts / Sashes

Hatters Ward
Helms / Hats / Covers / Crowns / Masks / Eyewear

Glovers Ward
Gauntlets / Gloves / Armbands

Legfitters Ward
Undergarments / Pants

Cobblers Ward
Greaves / Shoes / Sandals

Last edited by Ketrebu on Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:47 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

this is all good, I guess, but can i buy more retainers now SE? The system doesnt really work if everyone is selling a variety of items.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:50 am 
Spammer, to the max!

They need to just give up on the whole retainer thing and put a fucking AH in. There's absolutely no reason not to do it, other than the guy who thought up retainers having a fit about his shitty system going down the tubes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:55 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

My theory all along was that their motive was financial. Since their original plan was for people to buy multiple retainers at an additional cost ($1 per retainter per month). So it makes sense in SE's eyes, if they could somehow force people to raise their monlthy fee to them they would do it.

However, so far they haven't gone forward with the plan of allowing multiple retainers for the additional cost.
So what's the deal?

I feel like they're still using this system as an experiment, but I strongly feel that magnitude of experimentation shoudl have been left in all their alpha/beta testing or at least their test server community - not the subscription version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:59 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

lol "The system is undergoing a fundamental redesign". Yep, paid beta. All fundamental changes should have taken place long before now.

In regards to the ward changes, I agree with everyone else, I don't think that change is going to be effective with the one retainer system currently in place. You look at most of the retainers and it's a mix of all sorts of items, not just one type. I think people will keep picking the first ward since they're already used to paying the 5% tax.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:00 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

lol, btw, don't know why i let me put a big ass pic in there, I'll change it in a sec.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:43 am 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

It really bothers me when people hold on to fundamentally bad design choices as if it were their child. I had hopes for this system to, but even now I 100% believe that this system is more trouble than its worth from a maintainability, design, usability, and accessibility perspective. It would be cool as a supplement to sell more things than what was on the AH, but the system can't exist by itself.

Hopefully it's just a stop gap measure until they implement auction houses and a mail system. There's so much infrastructure missing in this game from Chocobos, Houses, Mail, etc. I really hope that there is a jesus patch on the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:38 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Caduceus wrote:
Hopefully it's just a stop gap measure until they implement auction houses and a mail system. There's so much infrastructure missing in this game from Chocobos, Houses, Mail, etc. I really hope that there is a jesus patch on the way.

Agreed!

I hope they give up on retainers altogether, instead of continuously trying to patch a broken idea. If they continue to listen to people's complaints and ideas for the game, let's hope they eventually add an AH.

Chocobos and airships would be nice too! I hate wasting 6 anima to jump between towns, when it takes a full day to regain 6 anima. I would rather spend gil (how about 1500?). It would be a good way to drain some money out of the economy!

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion