It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:06 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Free Trial Period Extension
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:50 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Lodestone wrote:

First of all, we would like to thank you for joining us in the realm of Eorzea, and hope you are enjoying your adventures.

Since the official launch of service on September 30, 2010, we have received a wealth of constructive feedback from the FINAL FANTASY XIV community, and the development and management teams would like to take this opportunity to express their sincerest gratitude. For those who purchased the collector’s edition and began to play one week before official service began, the month-long free play period is drawing to a close. Considering the nature of much of the feedback we received, however, and the current state of the game, we have decided to extend the free trial period for all users. Please continue reading for further details.

We would like to assure players that the world of FINAL FANTASY XIV is constantly growing and evolving, and the voices of the community are essential to that process. The development and management teams are carefully considering all player feedback, and working diligently to implement whatever changes and additions will serve to make Eorzea a better home for adventurers. We humbly ask for your continued support to this end.

Today, we have released information regarding forthcoming version updates. For further details, please view the following Lodestone Topics:
・Version Updates Coming Soon! (10/15/2010)
( http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html )
・Ask the Devs! (10/15/2010)
( http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl ... 02b03b1184 )
・Message from the Director (10/15/2010)
( http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl ... f0793632b5 )

Free Trial Extension Details

Eligibility
All users who registered a FINAL FANTASY XIV service account and purchased a character by October 25, 2010 will be eligible.

*Character purchases must have been carried out no later than October 25, 2010 at 23:59(PDT).
*Accounts terminated due to User Agreement infractions are ineligible for extension.
*Holders of multiple service accounts may receive extensions on all accounts.

Extension Period
An additional thirty (30) days, for a combined free trial period of sixty (60) days.

*Free trial period end dates and initial billing dates will be automatically extended. Users are not required to take any action.
*Extensions will be for a period of thirty days regardless of billing cycle length. Regular billing will begin upon conclusion of the extended free trial.
*Should automatic renewal of options be disabled, the free trial will still be extended.
*Users notified by automated mail of either the end of their free trial period or the beginning of their billing period will still receive the extension.
*Extensions will be processed by the Square Enix Account Management System on or around October 19, 2010. An official announcement will be made at that time.
*Information regarding new billing period dates will be available via the Square Enix Account Management System.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:54 am 
Spammer, to the max!

Sounds good to me. I wonder how many people saying they were gonna stop playing after the free trial are gonna stick around for this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:26 am 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

I guess this means I can't really call this paid beta, just "beta," for another month. The gesture is sincerely appreciated though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:50 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Cool, I hope the November changes are out before the additional 30 days are up. If not, I think they'll still be losing a chunk of their player base, just 30 days later than they would have originally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:00 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

That kinda sucks to see them giving in to all the people bitching saying they should extend it like that, but it's awesome to get another free 30 days.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:58 pm 
DL Hughley

If this weren't an mmo, and couldn't be patched, it'd be sitting in a New Mexico landfill with 200,000 copies of atari's ET game by now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:02 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

I agree, deadlegend. lol

I really want to enjoy this game, I'm just finding it so not enjoyable...LOL
I'll try to play it again this weekend, I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:00 am 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

I find the game to be absolutely an abomination lol.
Its a mess, although i'm having techincal issues on my end too.
I can't say the game is fun.. It feels more like a choir to play the game. And i think some of you are trying to hard to "like" the game BECAUSE it has the name FINAL FANTASY On it. Than anything else.

Go play wow lol. At least its fun. and blizzard always mixes things up. We all know how SE is going to handle this. Fundamentally speaking few things will change. The basic core of the game will stay the same, a frustratingly annoying and uncessarly complex hard headed japanese game.
Just to show you things aren't going to pan out the way you thought. No pvp at all, in fact from the get go. Pvp hasn't been implimented and won't be for a very long time. This is just sad lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:02 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

i find this a lot of fun and wow is a bunch of unenjoyable crap.
thought i already posted that but i guess i forgot to hit submit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:40 am 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

When did this obsession with MMOs and PVP start? Not everyone wants that in an MMO. I play MMOs for the RPG aspect. If I want to run around fighting other people I'll load up TF2 or something.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of shit wrong with this game, I just hate this mentality that an MMO is instantly bad if it doesn't have PVP these days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:57 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

WoW needs PVP because it holds your hand through all the other content that gets finished as soon as it's released, so they need something to do.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:17 am 
DL Hughley

Absolutely no desire for pvp myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:10 am 
Spammer, to the max!

Corwin wrote:
When did this obsession with MMOs and PVP start? Not everyone wants that in an MMO. I play MMOs for the RPG aspect. If I want to run around fighting other people I'll load up TF2 or something.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of shit wrong with this game, I just hate this mentality that an MMO is instantly bad if it doesn't have PVP these days.

I agree with Corwin. Even though I like PvP, it fucks up MMOs most of the time since they never seem to be able to balance PvE and PvP. Also, it's mostly never based on skill and moreso what your class can do (e.g. ranged always seems to win as long as they always run).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:09 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Only way I could tolerate PvP in this game is if it:

1. Didn't take away resources from PvE content in terms of programmers/devs.
2. Each move had a PvE effect and PvP one, so that if they needed to worry about balance, it'd only effect he PvP side of things.

Either way, I'm not that interested in PvP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:33 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

If FFXIV was pvp I wouldn't play it. I am not a fan of pvp in rpg type games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:34 pm 
DL Hughley

YOU SUCK MIKEY AND SO DOES YOUR SUCKY IDEA!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:39 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

I really enjoyed the PvP in 11, WoW became all about "who can stunlock x first and mow them down".

alas, SE let 11s PvP fall to the wayside and its now a very small clique on an even smaller handful of servers. I enjoy PvP, as i enjoy many of the competitive sides of games be it FPS, MMOs, RTS etc. and if they could do it right, though being SE i have no faith in that at all, i would thoroughly enjoy it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:27 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

also i like the interface of FFXIV, the only complaint i have is that you can't use arrow keys to look around while running. i want a game thats completely independent of the mouse.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion