It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:14 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Let's Keep Our Ranks Close Together
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:57 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

So in light of the change to party SP gain, it's important that we keep our ranks within 5 of each other. It used to be that you'd receive better SP the more members in the party, regardless of their rank. Now we have to keep it within 5.

As a result, it behoove us all to ensure our ranks are pretty normalized. So my main goal is to have us form some sort of scheduled EXP party setup, so that none of us end up falling behind in ranks. Mainly looking for those 23+.

Is there a group of people who would like to decide on some form of SP/week cap, or set days we will EXP together? I'm okay with either scenario, I'm just mainly looking for a relaible 'cap' of SP a week we all agree to, so we can work on all the other crap we need to do in this game.

I guess the simple version is let's set up a 23+ rank static that has some established grouping times, so that we don't end up outranking eachother. This new system makes it so that the lowest rank in the party runs the risk of falling further behind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:37 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

I think it might be a good idea to have maybe 2 or 3 different groups. Personally, I know there's no way that I'll be able to keep up with the folk who are 20+ right now, just due to my work schedule and such. Cad and I are kinda waiting for Miracles and Carroway to catch up in rank, then I think we'll be grouping together. Anyone else who in more of a casual player would be welcome to group with us. Since your group seems to be 20-25ish, maybe our group could be 15-20. I think that would give most everyone in the LS an exp group to join.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:42 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

I find it somewhat humourous that right now the situation is:

Ridere <- 5 ranks -> Everybody Else :P j/k

But on a more serious note, this does hamper the idea of everybody partying together regardless of rank. Since people can get exp just going about their business and even while doing their leves solo., even in a perma party everyone's ranks are going to fluctuate. I think that if the LS had a bunch of "perma parties" and some people are significantly higher than everyone else then they possibly need to consider "sitting one out" so the rest of the party can catch up. The flexibility in party make-up should make this easy.

Note: Wasn't directing that at you specifically Rid, you just happen to be the guy way ahead of everyone else.

Regardless, yeah perma parties are the way to go for people who want to exp fast. But since we all have crafting, leves, and irl stuff to get done, finding a solid schedule will be hard. Personally, I can exp better on friday/the weekend because I have the entire day and and don't have to worry about staying up late if I have to. Can make weekdays into craftdays/levedays and save weekends for massive party exp grinding.

EDIT: Yeah actually a couple of flexible "perma" parties that are always on-going might be a good idea. Perhaps document somewhere on the board what sort of level range people are at and people who fall behind or get ahead can consider jumping to one of the other parties.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:57 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I'm liking these ideas! Solo play is slow at 18, and duo-ing harder mobs is difficult without a healer. I already feel far behind everybody and that will only get worse since I can't play 12 hours a day. Setting up a couple static parties would be good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:37 pm 
Eater of cow souls

catch up to me guys get on my level

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:48 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Ket, that's the idea. Organizing some set time in order to free up the res of the time for crafting. And yah, I'm 27, but most are 24, anyway.

And we will most like need multiple parties to accomodate the rank ranges, yes.

Just trying to get that idea planted, so we can work out some semblance of a routine. Hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:45 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

I really like, and I'm sure most will agree, static parties. I think there are enough people to make at least 3 statics right now. There seems to be a good deal of people 24-27, 19-23, and <19. At work right now so I can't much more input than this, but we can discuss specifics with everyone this weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:51 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Yeah would be nice to get somthing solid sorted, and if 1 person gets too high, maybe let them sit out for a run or 2 so the others can reclose the gap. Possibly level another class in 'out' time or somthing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:02 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

the whole LS could be a giant perma party.

we could just call it Group A (23-27), Group B (19-23), etc. and if you level too fast for Group C (15-19) you can join Group B. each group could have a few organizers and set up exp times.

and if we have too many people for a Group B exp session, we could split up into two groups

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:04 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

How are you guys able to rank up so quickly without pulling out handfuls of your own hair? lol I'm so far behind everyone! I'm never going to catch up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:10 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

i think its fun, i really havent found anything that stressful yet

meanwhile games like WoW make me want to heave yesterdays dinner all over the keyboard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:43 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I have some stressful data for you guys. Haha.

I took the known SP requirements for rank, plotted them, created a polynomial trend line that best matched the overall data and finally calculated out SP requirements beyond rank 30...

All things remaining equal, rank 40 will be the 'halfway' point in leveling at ~950,000 total SP. Rank 50 will have totalled ~1,900,000 SP. Going from 49 to 50 will take ~108,000 SP. ~84,000 SP is where I've hit fatigue the last 3 weeks. At that rate, going from 30 to 50 should take about 18 weeks. And it's very hard to hit fatigue now, since solo SP outside of leves is practically dead, and there's no easy way to LFG.

Wash your poopsocks, because I'm not seeing how this game is more casual friendly than FFXI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:30 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

I still have yet to figure out the meaning of poopsock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:25 pm 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

zuldane wrote:
I still have yet to figure out the meaning of poopsock.

Simply means that a video game player, typically of mmos, plays for so long that they choose to poop in to socks in order to continue binge gaming.

It was coined on somethingawful's forums after the post of a thread, unrelated to video games, involving an obsessive compulsive fellow who would store his excrement in socks, in a duffel bag, under his bed.

I apologize for the fact that you know now this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:20 am 
DL Hughley

Think I once pissed in a bag of potato chips during a Nidhogg fight, you can't tell me it's not normal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:48 am 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

DeadLegend wrote:
Think I once pissed in a bag of potato chips during a Nidhogg fight, you can't tell me it's not normal.

Are you telling me you couldn't run 3 to 5 feet to your nearest bathroom when you went in your chips? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:39 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

DeadLegend wrote:
[img]

This is awesome! [/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:44 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Ridere wrote:
I have some stressful data for you guys. Haha.

I took the known SP requirements for rank, plotted them, created a polynomial trend line that best matched the overall data and finally calculated out SP requirements beyond rank 30...

All things remaining equal, rank 40 will be the 'halfway' point in leveling at ~950,000 total SP. Rank 50 will have totalled ~1,900,000 SP. Going from 49 to 50 will take ~108,000 SP. ~84,000 SP is where I've hit fatigue the last 3 weeks. At that rate, going from 30 to 50 should take about 18 weeks. And it's very hard to hit fatigue now, since solo SP outside of leves is practically dead, and there's no easy way to LFG.

Wash your poopsocks, because I'm not seeing how this game is more casual friendly than FFXI.

That is kinda stressful haha. SE tricked me into playing this game with the promise of a casual solo game. If I knew all this I might not have started in the first place. This game is nothing but a big fat grindfest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:10 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

DeadLegend wrote:

Now thats dedication. But I would have just pissed on myself and saved the chips.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion