It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:41 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Ask the Devs 29/10/10: Synthesis
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:13 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Q. What happens exactly when the harnessed element of a synthesis attempt becomes unstable?
A. When an element of a synthesis becomes unstable, the following effects take place respectively:
Lightning: Progress greatly reduced
Wind: Durability consumption greatly increased
Fire: Quality greatly reduced
Ice: Progress reduced, chance of aetherial sparks reduced
Earth: Durability consumption increased, chance of aetherial sparks increased
Water: Quality reduced, chance of aetherial sparks increased

Q. What steps can I take to ensure that the element of my synthesis does not become unstable?
A. The element has a chance of becoming unstable whenever any step of the synthesis process ends in failure. It is at its most susceptible when the glowing light representing the craft is colored, and is at its most stable when this light is white. Additionally, the chances of an element becoming unstable increase as a synthesis attempt nears completion. Naturally, the element which becomes unstable is determined by the type of crystal or shard being used.

Q. What do the crafter-related attributes Craftsmanship, Magic Craftsmanhip, and Control each do?
A. Among recipes in the game, there are those for which the rate of progress and chance of success are increased by higher Craftsmanship, and those for which they are determined by Magic Craftsmanship. Control helps to reduce the occurrence of aetherial sparking (see below), and exerts its influence over both types of recipes just mentioned.

All recipes, however, have set attribute requirements. Attempting a recipe with attributes below those required will result in lessened progress and quality, even for successful actions.

Q. There are sparks flying out of my synthesis. What is going on?
A. The phenomenon known as "aetherial sparking" indicates strain on the synthesis materials. When your synthesis emits aetherial sparks, you will suffer the following repercussions:
Reduced chances of success
Increased durability consumption from excessive element destabilization
Increased durability consumption during Touch Up

The results of actions taken during synthesis determine the degree of aetherial sparking. The more dramatic the sparks become, the more dramatic the above repercussions will be. These negative effects are even further enhanced during Rapid Synthesis. Only certain crafter-related abilities serve to curb aetherial sparking. Craft with caution!

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/871200/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:37 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

The onlything new here is that the Element type affects what happens when unstable.

Disapointed again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:03 pm 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

Quote:
mong recipes in the game, there are those for which the rate of progress and chance of success are increased by higher Craftsmanship, and those for which they are determined by Magic Craftsmanship.

Yeah. We could've assumed that, but which are used where?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:39 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Caduceus wrote:
Quote:
mong recipes in the game, there are those for which the rate of progress and chance of success are increased by higher Craftsmanship, and those for which they are determined by Magic Craftsmanship.

I think that's something for us to figure out. Wouldn't want to give it all away. My guess would be regular craftsmanship is used for more physical weapons, and magic craftsmanship used for stuff with magical properties.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:52 pm 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

Dmitry wrote:
Caduceus wrote:
Quote:

I think that's something for us to figure out. Wouldn't want to give it all away. My guess would be regular craftsmanship is used for more physical weapons, and magic craftsmanship used for stuff with magical properties.

I have two words that summarize my disapproval of developers guarding game play mechanics: Absolute Virtue.

Now, on the other hand, I'm really glad they're doing these QA session things. They are helpful in some regards, and some have provided useful information. We would've never known what the hell the colored orbs meant, or what the elemental destabilization stood for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:27 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Not bad information, though a tad basic. I like the increased communication, however I hope it starts getting more useful. Sounds like control is not a stat I care for anymore. I never get sparks on standard synthesis. I want to stack (mag) craftsmanship now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:50 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

It's quite odd only the ice element has a beneficial effect with it as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:51 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

There was another ask the devs today, but it's all junk we know and not worth really making a thread about.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl ... 7744aa1669

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion