It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 7:46 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:11 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Dmitry wrote:
I'm disappointed about the ore to nuggets requiring shards since I had been saving up sand and fire crystals forever now

I gave this a quick test last night (hoping to finally offload all my Iron ore and Limonite and stuff) and found out that it seems it doesn't apply to Iron Nuggets, they still use Crystals. It's only Copper/Bronze/Tin that got changed to shards.

Ridere wrote:
Kitty says GLA have been gimped.

In what way? I only got a couple of minutes to play around with the UI last night so I didn't get to run around and do anything. Only thing I saw in the update notes was that subbing Taunt wouldn't be as strong as a main Provoke anymore.

There's the HP nerf but that applies to everyone. It just hits people like me a lot more. I have 130 VIT which was getting me over 2000HP. I now only have 1700HP which is a huge drop considering the amount of VIT I have. It feels a bit worthless now because VIT wasn't really improving my defense very much.

That reduces my survivability and thus ability to solo a lot though. GLA in parties was always gimped though. We don't deal damage like a DD and we don't really tank and take a lot less damage than any other melee class wearing decent armor.

On one hand, I'm happy to report that Shield skill now always gets as much SP as your main sword skill from every single fight, even if you didn't actually use your shield. If i get 100 Sword SP from a fight, I'll get 100 Shield SP too.

Unfortunately, this change means that my Shield skill will now always be gimped. People starting Gladiator now will hit Rank 50 shield at the same time they hit Rank 50 sword. When I hit Rank 50 Sword, I'll be like Rank 45 shield or something, and need to basically exp another few ranks at cap just to get my shield up to cap.

Ridere wrote:
Kayne and I noticed that it seems we run slower now, though.

You know, I thought this, but it was late at night (1:30AM) and I was heading to bed so I didn't really pay attention to it.

I like the new chat log stuff except for that giant ass "chat mode button" that stretches across the entire log and basically wastes a line of text. Slightly annoyed that we only get 2 tabs per window though. The screenshot on the update notes had 8 tabs. False advertising!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:49 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Few things I've read on BG about the SP system. Apparently:

1) Some people are reporting the party SP bonus isn't working for some reason. A group of 10 people getting X amount of SP (quite a low amount too) for a mob. Reduce the party size to 5 and still get X SP. Duo the same mob and still get the same amount of SP. This seems unintentional.

2) Although having lowbies in a party means you don't get the SP bonus, the lowbie apparently still gets SP as if he soloed the mob himself. Possibly due to the bug above? I read that someone duoed an LQ with a Rank 10s and a Rank 30s person together. The rank 30 guy was getting no SP per mob but the Rank 10s guy was getting 100+. This means there's probably a great chance for someone to power level people below 20 right now by one-shotting mobs. Any takers for leveling subs?

If someone could confirm the above during the day that'd be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:21 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I think someone should level subs so I can level up a job to begin with. lol

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:29 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

A couple of things not mentioned in the update notes:
Quote:
FINAL FANTASY XIV Version Update (Nov. 26): Follow-up

Several additions and corrections have been made to the "Comprehensive Version Update Details" Topics post.

Additions:
  • The following adjustments have been made to levequest rewards.
    - A greater variety of gil amounts are now awarded upon levequest completion.
    - Rewards for high-rank levequests have been reduced slightly, while awards for lower-rank levequests have been significantly increased.
    - The item rewards for several select levequests have been adjusted.
  • The amount of items that certain synthesis recipes yield has been increased.
  • Duration of access to crafting facilities has been increased from 5 minutes to 60 minutes.
  • The maximum Wear value for certain equipment has been adjusted.
    Used items undergoing this change will not have their current Wear values reset by the version update.
  • The default camera angle has been adjusted.
Correction:
The game camera may remain fixed on a defeated enemy even when the auto-targeting feature targets another remaining enemy. Should this problem arise, deselect the current target and manually select your next target.

* Please refer to the following for more details.
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl ... 38d5ab599e

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Longer crafting support access is nice. Did the price go up or is it still the same?

There's also a new Ask the Devs today. But it's incredibly short and teaches us nothing we don't already know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:26 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Hot Tip!

You can resize that ghastly new SP/EXP bar by grabbing the end of it! It looks way better if you shrink it down and put it somewhere else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:40 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

I read that the low running speed is fixed by relogging or teleporting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:31 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Overall I really like this patch. They fixed a lot of shit and didn't even mention it in the notes, such as AA not fucking up transparency anymore (e.g. tree trunks that ended halfway up the tree visible through the leaves due to vegetation being more transparent than it should be with AA on, and effects such as heat shimmer from fires, aetheryte crystal effects, and wind effects making triangular shaped lines show up when looking through them at other objects). Also, the engine feels much smoother, although if you choose the highest draw setting for the first draw option (going from 8 to 10) your FPS will be total shit (at first I thought they fucked the engine up because I changed this setting to the highest before logging completely into the game).

In any case I'm definitely going to be playing this a lot more now. Even by just playing an hour or two yesterday I already made more SP than I would have before the patch in a few days' time. The UI is great now that it's client side as well. I hope a lot of people try the game again to see how much it's improved, although I have a bad feeling that SE lost a bunch of people already that won't be giving the game a second chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:06 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

I run at the same speed.

The three bugs with this patch most glaring to me (( pretty obvious they are bugs at this point )) is PT SP bonus isn't working, and shell and protect are no longer working.

I just hope when they fix these, they don't re-nerf solo play. Solo is perfect where it is now, they just need to boost PT SP again to make it 350-500 SP depending on setup instead of 150 lol. But solo is fine staying at 150 ish per mob IMO.

Aside from that, and I have confidence these will be fixed (( or else my soloing of elementals for crystals is done for without shell working )) this is indeed a Jesus patch and was absolutely fantastic imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:30 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Madisonli wrote:
PT SP bonus isn't working, and shell and protect are no longer working.

We've just done some extensive testing with people of various levels, and the PT SP bonus is definitely working. It's just not a very good bonus anymore. Specifically, the fact that SP is now shared between the whole party means you'll never see the bonus kicking in and giving you 300+ SP per mob anymore.

Shell on the other hand is definately broken. Or nerfed to hell at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:51 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

By broken I didn't mean wasn't activating at all, I meant wasn't giving enough bonus to overcome the shared SP. IMO if pt is only getting 150-200, it isn't enough. Atleast 300 IMO, or else theres not really a benefit to PTing imo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:51 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

I'll log in tonight to test out the new patch. I downloaded it last night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:14 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

If Yarr plays with us more I'll be so happy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:31 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Whisp wrote:

My happiness will increase slightly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:40 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

zuldane wrote:
Whisp wrote:

My happiness will increase slightly

You better fucking throw some more rupees into the fairy pond, then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:13 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

I kinda saw this coming, but obtaining logs from botany is now rather rare. Sure, if youre lucky enough to obtain one early on enough in the tree there will be a clue which states if another one is above or below your current standing. But when above could be any one of 8 other points, its really not helpful at all.
Log prices are already tripled, I feel badly for our carpenters.

Also, they adjusted what rank node many items come from now. Rank 3 stuff is now appearing on my rank 4's and rank 4 stuff is more common on rank 5's. This is probably going to contribue to the log shortage too.
There no longer is a predictable sweet spot on the tree for certain items, you have to now jump around.

Overall, I'm kinda disappointed with the gathering change. I'm curious how our high level miners feel.

Everythign else seems good. Like aforementioned, the SP bonus in party needs to be signifigantly adjusted. Probably on a sliding scale. Such as increase up to a certain amount of people, plateau, then maybe a decrease for full alliance. That way, you can still gladly play with as many people you wish, but not get insane amounts of sp by inviting the whole server along.
Who knows, the 100ish a mob sp for a small party /may/ be viable or there might be more to be had - but without protect and shell we can't test.

I'm kinda surprised there hasnt been an emergency patch for protect/shell yet honestly. Its rather game breaking lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:04 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

When I was mining I never really noticed any sweet spots, and I would adjust my strike each time. I haven't had a chance to go out again, but I'm also not sure when I'll get the chance or need to.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:56 am 
Spammer, to the max!

Looks like I do have something to bitch about after all: they managed to fuck up ambient effects so that they buzz like mad instead of echoing.

You can test this by going into Casseopeia Hollow and either casting a spell, being around people when they port in, fighting, or spamming the fuck out of the "sound effects" audio control in the config menu.

Hopefully they fix this soon, because it's really annoying and I thought it was my PC having issues until I tested it on Pam's PC. Everything is fine outside of dungeons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:48 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Sorry I wasnt on last night. I ended up in bed at 8PM ish due to bad headache

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:34 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

free play has been extended to March

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:49 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Unless you can see something I can't, then that's not quite right.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/topics/ffxiv/

It says that the reduced fees for having both an active FFXI and FFXIV account have been extended til March.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:01 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

ah okay
i heard it in Iravati LS chat and just quickly posted it before running off to work

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion