It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:02 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Supafly's macros
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:50 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

As many people in this LS know I play with an XBOX 360 wireless controller for PC. After reading horrible reviews about the wireless "play and charge kit" I have opted for a wired one since it occasionally turns off when I am "afk" for a while.

However, I'm also leveling a lot of jobs!!! Each of these jobs each have specific gear and individual class actions/traits. Many of you have already done or ventured into macros and know what you're doing. If that is the case this isn't for you. This is simply a reference guide for others that haven't prepared macros yet to quickly and efficiently change from one job/situation to the next. Tired of auto-running into a wall or aggressive monster while assigning actions on the fly? Then these macros are gonna be for you.

My first line of business is some small macros I use to toggle BR/AOE as well as mark mobs in leves/behest as well as for certain notices like HP/MP.

*My extreme thanks to Ket Solais for his contribution in telling me how to do a lot of these:

I put these particular macros in the "ALT MACRO" part of my menu which for me is Right Trigger on controller:

*See picture 1

Battle Macros

HP Notice

/p HP: <hp> <hpp>
/echo <sign0>

MP Notice

/p MP: <mp> <mpp>
/echo <sign1>

TP Notice *Used often for Battle Regimen, will explain later.

/p TP: <tp> <tpp>

Target nearest Friend/PC

/targetpc

Target nearest Foe/PC

/targetnpc

AOE on/off

/aoe

Toggle Battle Regimen

/br on

Announcing Battle Regimen (*macro needs improvement)

/p Battle Regimen
/echo <sign3>

Marking Enemies

/enemysign 1 <t>

Now of course you can get fancy and use /wait in macros for multiple lines for timers and such as many of the good players are doing:

For example:
Job LNC
/ac “Ferocity” <me>
/ac "Speed Surge" <me>
/ac "Doomspike" <t>

or for THM
/aoe
/ac "Sacrifice" <me>
/wait 5
/aoe

The sky is really the limit here! People will choose macros that they use all the time or feel indispensible to them or their class. Have fun making your own. :mrgreen:

My second line of business is the macro for casting "naked-ga" on yourself. This macro basically unequips all gear and actions which can help if rings, earrings, chokers etc. are equipped or if you feel the macro you have set may mess up for gear.

These macros also unequip actions. Some actions I have left in because I just basically use certain actions for all jobs (like "Quickstride") or they cost 0 AP (Tranquility/Exaltation) so I leave them in:

Naked Gear 1 Box

/equip main
/equip sub
/equip head
/equip body
/equip hands
/equip legs
/equip feet
/equip waist
/equip throw

Naked Gear 2 Box

/equip neck
/equip L.ear
/equip R.ear
/equip L.wrist
/equip R.wrist
/equip L.ring
/equip R.ring
/equip L.index
/equip R.index

Naked Action Box 1

/eaction 1
/eaction 2
/eaction 3
/eaction 4
/eaction 5
/eaction 6
/eaction 7
/eaction 8
/eaction 9
/eaction 0

Naked Action Box 2

/eaction 11
/eaction 12
/eaction 13
/eaction 14
/eaction 15
/eaction 16
/eaction 17
/eaction 18
/eaction 19
/eaction 20

Naked Action Box 3 (*note I left 3 macros in this because I use them always)

/eaction 21
/eaction 22
/eaction 23
/eaction 24
/eaction 25
/eaction 26 "Quickstride"
/eaction 27
/eaction 28
/eaction 29 "Exaltation"
/eaction 29 "Tranquility"

* I have yet to figure out how to remove traits via macro

So...

*Also Remember to manually remove all Traits

Attachments:
Battle Macro.png
Battle Macro.png [ 3.61 MiB | Viewed 712 times ]

Last edited by Supafly on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:41 am, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Supafly's macros
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:50 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Gladiator/Thaumaturge/Conjuror:

I put all my jobs and stuff in the "CONTROL MACRO" part of my menu which on my controller is left trigger:

Box 1 (input the items you are using. example: /equip body "Bronze Haubergeon (Blue)")

/equip head
/equip body
/equip hands
/equip legs
/equip feet
/equip waist
/equip L.ring
/equip R.ring
/equip L.index
/equip R.index

Box 2
This will also save box time and quickly equip up to 4 main traits. Just to remember to manually unequip all traits before assigning this macro first. If you aren't even using 4 yet, leave the boxes completely blank or use them for whatever you like them to be. So for /eaction 1 I would put something like /eaction 1 "Fleet of Foot"
(*again sub the items you are using. example: /equip main "Goblin Dagger")
(*Remember if not equipping traits, don't even add the /eaction boxes)

/equip neck
/equip L.ear
/equip R.ear
/equip L.wrist
/equip R.wrist
/equip main
/eaction 1
/eaction 2
/eaction 3
/eaction 4

Action Box 1
Time for some actions right? I also noticed that I can continue my traits here from my "Equipment Box 2 Line" if I choose to before I assign additional actions. Notice the other boxes didn't equip a sub yet...this is because I like my shield on the end of my 1st action bar. So the last line is for /equip sub "Lantern Shield" and whatnot. The same setting goes similar for CON and THM unless they are using two handed weapons.

(*So again put actions where you see fit. *Example: /eaction 3 "Provoke)

(*/eaction 5 is for a 5th trait. If not using a trait, leave blank or put /wait 1 or something. I always cast naked-ga macro and remove traits before I go into this for everything to load properly.)

Action Box 1

/eaction 5
/eaction 2
/eaction 3
/eaction 4
/eaction 5
/eaction 6
/eaction 7
/eaction 8
/eaction 9
/equip sub

Action Box 2

/eaction 11
/eaction 12
/eaction 13
/eaction 14
/eaction 15
/eaction 16
/eaction 17
/eaction 18
/eaction 19
/eaction 20

Naked Action Box 3 (*note I left 3 macros in this because I use them always at the moment.)

/eaction 21
/eaction 22
/eaction 23
/eaction 24
/eaction 25
/eaction 27
/eaction 28
/eaction 29 "Exaltation"
/eaction 30 "Tranquility"

*Now you just need to copy/paste boxes and rename a few actions for your other jobs.

*Special Notes about Gladiator

Punishing Barbs - If you have it as a tank, Punishing Barbs is awesome, use it often. One will often find themselves tanking a mob that is about to use a TP move on me like Puks and their "backflip" move. If I pop "Punishing Barbs" in my action set as they release this move, monsters often self-suicide! Other melee classes feel free to equip this nice little action as well if a mob uses an aoe they die super fast if you pop as well.

- Just "Provoking" a mob does not usally do the job as far as enmity is concerned. Unless you are pulling 1 mob away from other aggressive mobs (usually in behest) run up to the mob..hit it...then "Provoke."

- Having Provoke alone does not do the job justice! Have "Taunt," "Disorient," "War Drum," and aoe weaponskill to increase hate, Sacrifice (I or II) to cure yourself, "Second Wind," and so on.

- Be cautious of "War Drum" or any "aoe" weaponskill

- "Shield Skill" is underrated, use it to block hard attacks and save the stamina bar for actions other than normal attacks.

- "Cover" Mages

- "Defender" and "Rampart" are helpful.

- Defender is nice for GLA, but since it is a 20+ minute ability I manually equip it...pop it...then remove it for another free action ability haha

Some of the more important Traits to consider: "Self-Preservation (Shield equipped)," "Fleet of Foot," "Swordsmanship," "Intimidation," "Prime Conditioning."

*Special Notes about CON and THM

- THM has been more noticeable as a designated healer of sorts. Their "conal aoe" seems to be better suited for this role.

- "Sleep" is awesome, as well as "Paralyze" I always use these, and there is usually low resistance on the mobs I have chosen to fight.

- Do not "Poison" or "Drown," "Choke," etc. slept mobs. Or at least try not to as battles can usually happen pretty fast.

- Runaway mobs (usually during leves where a mob runs and you have to chase where it pops additional mobs) - You have some options here (can do 1 or all of the following): /aoe sleep, /aoe cure only, or single target nuke the 1 red claimed weakened mob and then move on to the other popped mobs.

- CON = nuker, but should also heal when no THM is present or when HP is low. When everything is cool nuke away! Priority should always be for heals

- "Shock Spikes" - Unless in a LS party I usually just single target "Shock Spike" the GLA, especially in behest. Just have to be careful of roaming aggressive mobs or behest parties that seem "all over the place" with no designated "/enemysign <t>" {Monster} {Fisher}.

- /aoe macro will save you and your party's lives! Always be cautious of aoe

- Be cautious of /aoe "Siphon MP"

- Getting knocked around and the tank is busy? Don't run away from the party...run into the main tank area so they can easily pull the attacking mob off of you! Running away makes things messy! 9 times out of 10 you will survive running towards the tank than running away from them. Only times to consider running away is if a mob has a powerful aoe weaponskill (like devilets) and you think they will pop their weaponskill soon. Again, 9 times out of 10 just run into range of the main party area.

- More or less...I am finding "Stoneskin" pointless in many parties and a waste of mp and time.

Some of the more important Traits to Consider: Fastcast, Firm Conviction, Transcendance (THM JOB), One with Nature (CON JOB), Out of Sight, Self-Preservation (If a shield is equipped), Fleet of Foot

Attachments:
Macro2.png
Macro2.png [ 3.62 MiB | Viewed 709 times ]

Last edited by Supafly on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:29 am, edited 18 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:51 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Pugilist/Marauder/Lancer:

A lot of this is ad naseum but slightly different as these guys can use "/equip sub" but since I have yet to see anyone using a throwing weapon I just took it out completely. If someone out there is using a sub to pull mobs to camp or something just take away an area reserved for a trait or something.

*See picture below, I also used helpful screen pics and labels to see which job I am choosing. Useful, but again, up to you what you pick.

Job Box 1 (Input the items you are using. example: /equip body "Leather Jacket (Green)")

/equip head
/equip body
/equip hands
/equip legs
/equip feet
/equip waist
/equip L.ring
/equip R.ring
/equip L.index
/equip R.index

Job Box 2
This will also save box time and quickly equip up to 4 main traits. If you aren't even using 4 yet, leave the boxes completely blank or use them for whatever you like them to be. So for /eaction 1 I would put something like /eaction 1 "Fleet of Foot"
(*again sub the items you are using. example: /equip main "Goblin Dagger")
(Remember if not equipping traits, don't even add the /eaction boxes)

/equip neck
/equip L.ear
/equip R.ear
/equip L.wrist
/equip R.wrist
/equip main
/eaction 1
/eaction 2
/eaction 3
/eaction 4

Action Box 1
One can continue traits here from equip box 2 if one chooses to before assigning additional actions.

(*So again put actions where you see fit. *Example: /eaction 3 "Provoke)

(*/eaction 5 is for a 5th trait. If not using a trait, leave blank or put /wait 1 or something. I always cast naked-ga macro and remove traits before I go into this for everything to load properly.)

Action Box 1

/eaction 5
/eaction 2
/eaction 3
/eaction 4
/eaction 5
/eaction 6
/eaction 7
/eaction 8
/eaction 9
/eaction 0

Action Box 2

/eaction 11
/eaction 12
/eaction 13
/eaction 14
/eaction 15
/eaction 16
/eaction 17
/eaction 18
/eaction 19
/eaction 20

Action Box 3 (*note I left 3 macros in this because I use them always at the moment.)

/eaction 21
/eaction 22
/eaction 23
/eaction 24
/eaction 25
/eaction 27
/eaction 28
/eaction 29 "Exaltation"
/eaction 30 "Tranquility"

*Now you just need to copy/paste boxes and rename a few actions for MRD, PUG, and LNC.

*Special Notes

- Punishing Barbs can be helpful if you have room on the action bar and can position yourself to take the hit.

- Ferocity, Raging Strike, etc. are helpful to pop before a weaponskill

- Be careful of any /aoe weaponskill...MRD be careful of /aoe normal skill "Broad Swing" and whatnot

- Second Wind, Sacrifice, Blood-bath or any other HP gain move can help.

- Defender is nice for MRD, but since it is a 20+ minute ability I manually equip it...pop it...then remove it for another free action ability haha

Some of the more important Traits to consider: Fleet of Foot, Prime Conditioning, Intimidation, "Job specific affinity +10 Traits"

Last edited by Supafly on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:25 am, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:51 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Archer / Craft Jobs

Again more ad naseum stuff with a bit of a twist:

Archer is by far the most annoying to macro and set but I love to pew pew. Partially because "Refill" annoyingly automatically sets itself in /eaction 2. I don't like that damn useless ability there as I have yet to run out of arrows to the point of "OMG I have to use that rather useless ability!" However I discovered an equally annoying shortcut that puts "Refill" elsewhere.

Step 1: Go through the "Naked-ga" action sub set (2 boxes for gear, 3 for actions)

Step 2: Switch to your highest job...just equip your weapon. If your highest job is archer...you're screwed sorry. This opens all the AP points to set Archer actions for when you finally make the job change back to archer. So switch weapon to your highest job and then go through your archer macro set.

Step 3: ad naseum

So...Naked-ga macro set and equip the weapon of your highest job

Now begin!

Job Box 1 (sub the items you are using. example: /equip body "Leather Jacket (Green)")

/equip head
/equip body
/equip hands
/equip legs
/equip feet
/equip waist
/equip L.ring
/equip R.ring
/equip L.index
/equip R.index

Job Box 2
This will also save box time and quickly equip up to 4 main traits. If you aren't even using 4 yet, leave the boxes completely blank or use them for whatever you like them to be. So for /eaction 1 I would put something like /eaction 1 "Fleet of Foot"
(Remember if not equipping traits, don't even add the /eaction boxes)

/equip neck
/equip L.ear
/equip R.ear
/equip L.wrist
/equip R.wrist
/eaction 1
/eaction 2
/eaction 3
/eaction 4
/eaction 5

Action Box 1 (Here is the twist, as this assigns actions before you actually become an Archer.)
/equip main (weapon) and of course the /equip pack is to equip the arrows.
* refer to picture below:

/eaction 2
/eaction 3
/eaction 4
/eaction 5
/eaction 6
/eaction 7
/eaction 8
/eaction 9
/equip main
/equip pack

Action Box 2

/eaction 11
/eaction 12
/eaction 13
/eaction 14
/eaction 15
/eaction 16
/eaction 17
/eaction 18
/eaction 19
/eaction 20

Action Box 3 (*note I left 3 macros in this because I use them always at the moment.)

/eaction 21
/eaction 22
/eaction 23
/eaction 24
/eaction 25
/eaction 27
/eaction 28
/eaction 29 "Exaltation"
/eaction 30 "Tranquility

*Refer to picture below

Notes on Archer

- Be careful of /aoe weaponskills

- I found Shadowbind useful if a mob was coming my way

- Multi-shot is priceless!!! Nock the arrows before you even attack a mob (for stamina bar) and just run around with Fleet of Foot

- Stacking Hawk's Eye, Raging Strike, and Ferocity before one release a weaponskill does crazy damage.

If a mob is coming at you, run towards the party. *see the same tactic posted for mages.

Some of the more important Traits to Consider: Out of Sight, Fleet of Foot, Bowmanship

Craft Jobs

I really find it easier to reserve the macros to equip the gear I am using to craft...mainly Canvas stuff so....

Craft Box 1 (input the items you are using. example: /equip head "Canvas Wedge Cap (Pink)")

/equip head
/equip body
/equip hands
/equip legs
/equip feet
/equip waist

* I just equip the tool and/or sub manually

This leaves me 9 blank macro boxes in the CONTROL MACRO section for whatever is in the future I choose to use them for.

Attachments:
Archer.png
Archer.png [ 3.73 MiB | Viewed 704 times ]

Last edited by Supafly on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:36 am, edited 8 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:42 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Good stuff Supa! I haven't used macros for anything except to change gear or change jobs. I need to make macros for setting /eaction for changing jobs. Doing everything manually is such a pain in the ass.

I played FFXIV with a PS3 controller for a couple months. I had trouble with blue screen of death driver errors, random disconnecting, having to re-pair it if I afk for a long time, requiring me to log out of the game and relog often.

I got this Logitec controller for Christmas and it's AMAZING. Spyder Monkey got one and he loves it also. You never have to turn it on or off, you never have to log/relog if you go AFK for a while, and the battery life is much longer than any controller I've used. I'm using the same batteries that came with the controller, no joke. I haven't had to replace them once.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless ... 760&sr=8-1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:53 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Beats auto-running into a wall or some aggressive mob while assigning actions lol.

Of course I assign a few actions manually when I solo because I won't need provoke when I am soloing a leve for marks but these macros are indispensible time savers that took days to fill out for every job and get to work properly in my spare time...now I enjoy the game efficiently. ^^

Last edited by Supafly on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:55 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Can I play ffxi with my hori flight stick?!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:56 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

tehkei wrote:

ffxi?!?!? I played that game once...you can play it on PS2. ;p

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:01 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Supafly wrote:
tehkei wrote:

ffxi?!?!? I played that game once...you can play it on PS2. ;p

but can i play with my ace combat 5 hori flight stick!

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion