It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:47 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Finding Stuff on SE's New Forum
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:07 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

The following link will return a list of every post on the SE forum made by either Yoshi-P or a community rep. This is the link the "devtracker" uses, but i shoved &showposts=1 on the end so that it shows you their posts, and not just a list of 200 page threads they posted in somewhere.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/sear ... howposts=1

You can find lots of stuff in there if you have some japanese and/or googlefu skills. Posts about them interested in what players have to say about PvP, talk about eventually completely redoing all the maps, etc.

Figured I'd make a thread for that link and some people with better Japanese than I (not hard!) can maybe tell us if there's anything interesting in there. It's a shame the "devs" will probably never actually post on the english side (just some community reps) but that was expected really.

Post subject: Re: Finding Stuff on SE's New Forum
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:36 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

I could be very off with my mediocre translations as my japanese is rather poor.
But these are bullet points fom what I gathered from glancing through

- next patch will have a way to toggle on/of the new targetting system

- Yoshi thanks people for their feedback and opions on a player suggested pvp system. The japanese players seemed split to me. Yoshi says that fixing the battle system has to come first but will continue to follow players discussion. I got the impression that he wasnt much interested in the idea of people being pk'd, I could be wrong though.

(as a side note, a mini game style pvp like ballista is inevitable. I feel from the poll results on pvp that its likely on the backburner for now though - sorry madi)

- yoshi is slightly afraid to talk too much on the forums because he doesnt want people spreading rumors lol -I guess thats what i'm doing anyway though

- on the subject of whats now being called "copy/pasted maps" yoshi agrees with the large amount of concern over them. In order to fix them would take an extreme amount of planning and time - for the moment he's looking into ways to ellviate collision issues first.

(side note: If you look at huge japanese thread about this it seems the vast majority of jp players really want all maps (cities and zones) to be completely taken down and all zones completely remade. Ha! Never going to happen, or at least i thought. But Yoshi's respnse seemed like he might at least tweak stuff in the future and the fact that he might do anything at all really shocks me)

- on jump just a quick blurb that seems like he's concerned about the animation of it.

Last edited by Kioko on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Finding Stuff on SE's New Forum
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:49 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I would be concerned how you animate someone wearing at least 100 pounds of equipment jumping too. lol

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion