It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:57 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: The Official Official Forums Forum Thread
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:35 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

I've been contemplating doing this for a while but haven't quite had the time. In this thread, I'll try to keep a tracking of current hot topics or dev posts going on in the official forums. It may be good reference for otherwise looked over news, discussion, or easier access to mobile users. I'll format this prettier at a later date.

Tidbits of news from dev posts

-[7.9.11] Patch 1.18 tentatively announced for July 21st release.
-[7.9.11] Com rep explains the reason why crafting the same level recipe nets varying amounts of SP. Each craft will have a base SP result, and on top of that will be added a RNG "bonus" amount of SP. One reader cleverly points out that SE's use of the word "bonus" tends to really mean "penalty."

-[7.6.11] Yoshi comments that he doesn't think that gil distribution was crafted well at the start. He promising that the intro of materia, new recipies, and chocobo/ airships in patch 1.19 will jump start a more normalized economy.
-[7.6.11] French forum com rep when asked when to expect patch 1.18 responds, "if everything goes well, hopefully this month."

-[7.1.11] Similar to WoW, Yoshi confirms he is going to implement an exp bonus when logged out of the game. However, he doesn't know when he can do it.
-[7.1.11] In upcoming patches, spells will be canceled by using the ESC key on the keyboard.
-[7.1.11] Guardian's Aspect after guild leve changes will give a bonus to both xp gained when defeating a mob and the bonus for completing the leve. He's looking into lowering leve refresh timer as well as increasing how many you can do at a time. He also wants to make a way to store leves you picked up but have not yet done.

-[6.22.11] "The current policy of allowing spells to be cast both as an individual-target and AoE will be done away with. During the armoury system improvements spells will be evaluated and determined whether they will be an individual target spell or an AoE spell on a case by case basis."
-[6.22.11] Yoshi confirms that chocobos or mounts are not in this upcoming patch. Dev team isn't looking into transportation untill all the kinks of battle system reform are ironed out.

-[6.21.11] Dev team states future plans to remove the magic AOE toggle.
-[6.21.11] Only virgin weapons and armour can generate materia.

-[6.20.11] Fans question whatever became of the teaser video for group crafting and boat battles. Yoshi responds that basically that all was Tanaka's stuff, and the current team isn't even working on it. However, the idea still exists if they ever feel like going back to it.
-[6.20.11] Fans ask if we will have a return of player titles. Dev team passes along that yes we will have something similar tied in with an achievement system.

-[6.16.11] Materia system is coming in patch 1.19
-[6.16.11] Patch 1.18 will have SP changes for gatherers. It will also introduce alternative ways for gatherers to level.
-[6.16.11] German forums has confirmation from Yoshida that they are in the planning stages of a complete revamp of the game maps.
-[6.16.11] "Jobs won't have levels and as such won't need to be leveled up. Jobs are an advanced form of the class that unlocks them. So for example purposes, a level 50 Gladiator would be a level 50 Paladin"
-[6.16.11] Archers auto attack will only be for close contact fighting and will not use arrows. Mages will also have a close contact auto attack. Weapons will vary in attack speeds (like 11).
-[6.16.11] Patch 1.18 will increase the number of retainers which can be held in each ward. They're also trying to set up a system that will "check and balance" existing retainers in a ward. No idea if that means it'll kick out old retainers if it overcrowds, or maintain them.

-[6.15.11] Dev team admits that there is no purpose for beastmen currency. Suggests holding or selling off in case they decide a use for the future. :/
-[6.15.11] Word from battle designer Matsui says that he likes the idea of exp chains but has no plans on implementing it. :/
-[6.15.11] Weird comment that the reason why the auto attack speed in the reveal video seemed oddly slow is because the pace is based around the battle animation. (eh?) They have no plans on altering anything for patch 1.18 but of course expect ongoing adjustments.

-[6.14.11] As part of the battle system changeover, they are going to remove physical level. Your current rank will now become your class level, SP will be removed and EXP will be what remains to level you up on. More similar to FF style.
I'm really glad for this change, I think having different level vs rank and two sets of exp was unnecessarily confusing. It wasn't reconfirmed in this blurb, but was said elsewhere in the past that point allotment will be on a class by class basis

-[6.2.11] Dev states that they want to adjust leve content so that all in the same level range regardless of zone give roughly the same amount of net sp. The Japanese players really hate the practice of abandoning leves in order to repeat them next round. Dev said in order to persuade people not to participate in this, they want to add an sp bonus for actually completing the leve. The amount of the bonus will be exponential to your performance during the leve.
-[6.2.11] Reiteration that the ability to mark maps is coming...whenever they fix the server lag issue.

-[6.1.11] Blurb made that the reason why search features are lacking have to do with server load issues.
-[6.1.11] A little outline of what the materia system concept is. Basically by using equipment and weapons you earn points. At 100 points you may convert that item into materia which then a crafter can augment to another equip. Will post direct quote for more detail.
-[6.1.11] Rep states that information they received from dev team confirms one class per job progression. Exact example given is gladiator can change into paladin.

-[5.23.11] Japanese community rep confirms that Yoshi has no intentions of implementing a level sync system at this time. Instead, he'd rather focus on end game content. Rep goes on to say, that this doesn't mean a similar system to sync won't eventually be, but it won't be exactly the same as in 11.

-[5.12.11] Dev team relays that experiance chains are planned, however they can't even begin to work on it until the battle system is changed over. Guess that makes sense.

-[5.10.11] Confirmation that there will be player run companies eventually.
-[5.10.11] Dev team states that the inability to invite new members while engaged in combat is by design and will not change. Although they may make exceptions to the rule for very specific events. Looking into a mechanism that will allow you to rejoin a party if you were disconnected from the game.
-[5.10.11] Japanese players are peturbed over the practice of abandoning thanalan leves in order to repeat. Highly favored implementing some form of penalty for purposefully failing leves. Dev rep chimed in and stated that they will not implement penalties as they want to only focus on positive rewards.

-[4.28.11] Dev team comments that all mobs having ranged attacks isn't befitting of the game, however, in their attempts to remove it they've discovered new issues as consequence. Therefore, they will have to introduce a different change before being able to alter the mobs behavoirs.

-[4.25.11] ..."Confirmation from Yoshida that there are plans in place for supporting UI mods in the future."

-[4.22.11] Dev team working on changing food, likely so that effects are visable.
*Player speculation is that some of the affinity restrictions will be changed in conjuncture to the new battle system.

-[4.20.11] Word for Yoshi is that server issues are stalling the implementation of delivery/mailbox system. Probably won't see it implemented any time soon. :/
-[4.20.11] A more advanced system of party search and an automatic grouping feature are coming, however, will not be available at the time instanced dungeons are released. Cross-world automatically formed party feature (assumingly for cross-server instanced dungeons) being looking into.
*Many people have already voiced in response that they do not wish to see the cross server feature implemented.

-[4.14.11] In conjunction with the party size change, behest will now occur every 30 minutes. Allusion to this being part of tomorrows patch, more info to come officially in full patch notes.
*player reaction: lots of players still concerned if alliance will be forthcoming, despite being asked for several weeks yet no response. Worries about being unable to participate in behest due to size limitations seem somewhat satisfied with the recursion time.

-[4.14.11] The number of new NM's in tomorrows patch will total 20. Wow! Regarding the lack of new skins, it was explained as looking more level appropriate. Higher level NM's will look more feirce and original.

-[4.13.11] Dev team working on introducing the missing race genders in time for ps3 launch. Includes female galka, male mithra and female highlanders.
*Player reaction: big push on the japanese forums for amazonian highlander women. Dev team surprised anyone actually wanted to see female galka. Could the newly released Limsa company admiral be a female galka?

-[4..i forget] Dev team working on major changes on the crafting system. Changes include; making some part recipies be automatic completion by default, reducing the number of materials needed for recpies especially under rank 20, some unspecified change to the crafting gauge and that they are reviewing changing some of the repair materials again. Also in the pipelines is a new system tentatively named the Materia Craft System. In this way, Yoshi hopes to stimulate the economy by making new items produced augmentable. His vision is for the gathering classes to support crafting classes in the production of materia stones with unique stat bonuses, which then the crafter can apply customly to weapons and armor for battle classes. He also makes mention that they realize the concern over the price of npc repairs but due to the lack of gil sinks in the game right now there's no plan in changing that any time soon.

-[4.12.11] Not sure if this is the real date posted. However, Yoshi expressed his desire to rid of the fatigue system. He sides with fans, that players should be able to decide thier own play times and style.

Last edited by Kioko on Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:10 am, edited 21 times in total.

Post subject: Re: The Official Official Forums Forum Thread
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:33 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

great thats all we need Galka wearing dresses and cat boys.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:49 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Wow, interesting, Kio. This game may actually start to get pretty good. Going to cut into my minecraft time! Hopefully some of these big changes happen soon.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:58 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

Personally I'm excited for it. But if the admiral is indeed a female galka (and there's not much evidence to the contrary) I'm a little disappointed that they're decently beautiful. I was hoping for a big fat mama of a galka gal. Its more amusing that way.

like this:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:40 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Thank you for the post kio Im very excited about the coming changes especially about the behests!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:15 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Kinda sucks for people who wanted to make a Male Mithra or Female Galka but went with something else and are now stuck with a gender\race they didnt want.

So happy about the fatigue system. That shit was stupid. Why not just drop it now and make everyone really happy?

Why are these tiny little things (not talking about genders) taking so fucking long.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:33 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

whenever asked that Yoshi always says its all tied up in the new battle system developement. How or why I don't understand.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:00 am 
DL Hughley

tehkei wrote:
great thats all we need Galka wearing dresses and cat boys.

The highlander chicks will probably be hot as hell. Don't know if you played the FFXI: Wings of the Goddess expansion but it introduced the first and thus far only male mithra character, he wasn't too silly looking but had a stupid way of standing and walking.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:24 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

What's a mithra and galka omg

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:55 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I want to see what a male mithra looks like. Female Galka...I'll pass.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:06 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Mikey would probably play more if he was a female galka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:53 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I'd play with Mikey more if he were a female galka.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:37 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

ket and I dusgussed breifly the mob range attack bit. He gathered that the problem which presented was that you could find a sweet spot and basically the mob wouldnt be able to attack you. Apperantly this is a problem plauging many other mmos in history. They likely will have to introduce some new AI to prevent it first. He suggested the mobs automatically using a devistating ranged attack, only if they can otherwise not attack due to some exploit.

Personally, I'm glad. I hope they make camping more viable. Despite the fact that it eventually was made redudant in FFXI due to calibri marathon's efficiency, I do miss that sense of nostalgia of having a lowbie party fish out a mob.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:57 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Thats why I loved Dynamis so much. We had no idea how to do Dynamis at first. We had a few crude japanes maps that we rought translated and we went from there.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:37 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

bump added new comments. There was another dev comment in the japanese forums regarding linkshell housing/physical guilds but it seemed to be one of their very canned responses of we brought it up, they're busy on other things, keep giving us feedback yadda yadda.

I haven't been following the japanese forums for a while but I find it kinda interesting that there is so much disdain for NA players because of the abandoning leve practice. Sure, its not exactly playing as intended, but I'm not convinced it was something invented by a certain demographic.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:06 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

No point adding penalties for purposefully failing leves.

1) It's not like you can do the leve more times than you're supposed to each reset.
2) You're already penalised because you don't get any faction points, nor any gil or items rewards whatsoever.

You're sacrificing faction points, gil, and item rewards for extra SP. Seems more like a fair trade-off than an exploit to me.

Though it's true we found the very best 3 leves in the game to do it with, the REAL advantage is ensuring everyone you're playing with always has the maximum number of leve-links because everyone always has the same leves. Max leve-links makes a big difference to the amount of SP you get.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:05 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

The Japanese are always mad at us.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:44 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

Since it's just hype I'm not adding it to my list. But there's a silly thread on the japanese forums proclaiming the battle lead dev, Akihiko Matsui, as the hero of final fantasy 14. Community rep jumps in to say that he was able to confirm that some info on the new battle system concept will be out next week.

Hope he doesnt let the japanese people down!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:33 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

Yarr wrote:

I wonder why

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:59 am 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

Whisp wrote:
Yarr wrote:

I wonder why

I think its from KFC from FFXI thing. :-$

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:31 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Kioko wrote:
Hope he doesnt let the japanese people down!

He will only let us english people down. The Japanese will forgive him.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:05 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

Battle lead, Akihito Matsui has come out with his outline of changes to be made to the battle system.
Official link here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/10879-Battle-Reform-Blueprint?p=138995#post138995
Sorry, in a rush this morning, couldnt fix the formatting to make it more legible.

Battle Reform Blueprint
Dear fans,

It is with pleasure that I announce the release of the battle reform blueprint. My apologies to have kept you waiting for so long, but due to my primary patch commitments, this document has been longer in the making than intended.
But without further ado, please allow me to take you through the blueprint and explain in detail the planned changes and the driving force behind each of them.

Akihiko Matsui
Lead Battle Planner

Reform Concept
•Fostering Skillful Play
Creating a battle system that fosters skillful play.
The above is, in a sentence, the rationale behind the coming battle changes. Not exactly the punchiest catchphrase around, but perhaps there’s kindly a soul out there who could word it better. */poke Yoshi-P*

To elaborate, we are aiming to address issues such as the following:
•Victories coming with little reliance on skillful play.
•Lack of information needed for skillful play.
•No sense of accomplishment even with skillful play.
In light of the above, our objective is to implement a battle system that rewards player effort and innovation in such areas as equipment, hunting grounds, and party structure.

Lastly, in conceiving these changes, we have kept one fact close to heart: simply making enemies stronger does not equate to an environment that fosters and rewards skillful play.

Battle Content
•Dungeons
Dungeons, the proving grounds for parties, will be released in 1.18. We will be implementing two types to begin with, with future updates to usher in additional maps and battle concepts.
This content takes the form of raid missions in which players slash and burn their way through a labyrinthine area before finally squaring off against a formidable final foe. Dungeons are intended to push teamwork to the limit, and players can expect a level of satisfaction (and spoils!) befitting the challenge.

To coincide with the addition of dungeons, a number of actions and skills will receive tweaks ahead of time, the details of which will be released at a later date.
•Notorious Monsters
We will continue to introduce new NMs on a regular basis, although numbers may be modest for patches boasting large-scale features such as dungeons. Players can look forward to engaging in more epic struggles and acquiring spectacular spoils.

Partying
•Skillful Partying
Alongside our ongoing endeavors to make solo adventuring ever more rewarding, we are also injecting effort into making full-fledged partying more enjoyable. At the heart of this undertaking is a series of plans to draw out the uniqueness of each class (details in the Armoury System section below).
It goes without saying to those familiar with MMORPGs, but the masterful manipulation of the following facets of battle is the cornerstone of effective partying.
•Enmity (hate) control, which governs the enemy’s attack target.
•Crowd control (CC), the act of rendering enemy groups incapable of attacking.
•Enmity (Hate) Control
Following review, we have deemed the current algorithm unnecessarily complicated, and as such have decided to simplify the system as follows:
•Damage will convert to enmity at a one-to-one ratio (in most cases)
•Players will have the means to examine their own current hate value.
A hate conversion formula will be applied to actions that target friendlies or do not inflict damage.

Furthermore, a player’s enmity will be made constantly visible as a percentage of that of the party member being attacked. A feature whereby players may examine hate values for all party members is also under consideration for a future update.
•Crowd Control (CC)
As crowd control tactics are expected to gain in prominence with the introduction of dungeons, a host of adjustments is being planned centered around the following:
•The reforming of crowd control methods
•Tweaks to crowd control actions and their distribution among classes.
•Solo Play
Solo play is the preferred choice of those short on time, and we intend to preserve the balance wherein adventurers can take on foes of the same rank unaided. Even as we work to further accentuate the uniqueness of each class, we will make it so that all classes are capable of ranking up via solo play.

Auto-attack and Other Systems
•Auto-attack
We will be implementing auto-attack. As the workload for this is expected to be considerable, however, the feature will be introduced in stages alongside revisions for other systems.

For the first stage, we will implement the core mechanics of auto-attack and perform provisional adjustments to the accompanying damage algorithm. The next stage, planned to take place after the aforementioned crowd control and action/skill revisions, will involve a fine-tuning of the auto-attack algorithm. Other algorithms will also undergo revisions, which will be explained further below. In so doing, we hope to further draw out the unique flavor of each weapon. At this same time, we will also carry out motion and other graphical revisions to accommodate auto-attack.
•Action Bar
We realize that having to reequip gear and reset actions every time you change class is a source of chagrin. Although we are unable to indicate a timeframe, discussions are underway with the UI team on ways for players to retain equipment and action data for each class.
As battle revisions encompass not only tweaks to areas such as classes, items, and monsters, but also entail improvements to user interface, we wanted to share with you this aspect of our plans as well.
•Battle Regimens
We are afraid to inform you that work on the Battle Regimen system has been postponed, as adjustments and additions alone will not suffice to address problems. There is a need to rework the system from the ground up, and we will lay the foundation stones after other changes have been seen to completion.

Character Development
•Battle Attribute Allotment
When it comes to battle, class rank should, by logic, be more important than physical level. The reality of the situation, however, is that attribute point allotment is dependent upon physical level, something that is causing complications in our endeavor to improve the battle system.

In the recent battle poll (thanks to all who participated), we learned that a considerable number of players would be willing to forgo physical levels, but wanted to retain the ability to customize characters through attribute allotment. Armed with this knowledge, we proceeded to formulate the optimal solution.

The decision: attribute point allotment will no longer accompany gains in physical level, and will instead occur when characters rise in class rank. Although the amount in frequency of points awarded will be lower than previously, players will find that each point will have a more profound effect.
•Algorithms
In light of changes planned for the Armoury System, the need to revise algorithms has arisen. At the same time, we will also carry out the changes below in order to streamline areas made overly complicated.
•Abolishing the rounding formula based on standard rank values *1
•Optimizing the value ranges for the influence of attributes *2
Many in-game elements are known to influence algorithms, and we are working on identifying them all regardless of the extent of their impact.

We believe that the above changes will allow players to more keenly feel and appreciate the myriad benefits offered by magic and equipment, which will lead to a new depth of enjoyment in attributes.
*1 The algorithm whereby values associated with rank are rounded up or down to be as close to the standard as possible.
*2 The system whereby enhancing statuses (whether obtained through attribute allotment, equipment, or magic) are influenced by incremental sets of values.

Armoury System
•Classes
Actions will undergo major revisions, along with both the underlying mechanics and conditions.

By major revisions, not only do we mean the tweaking of effects and potency of existing actions - we will work from the ground up to redesign and reassign actions based on clearly identified class roles.

We will also make a number of changes as part of our reexamination of how actions are equipped and the character requirements for doing so. First, actions learned by each class will be set to the action bar by default when playing as that class. Also, we will be making some actions settable on any class, while other "class-defining" actions obtained at higher ranks will be usable only by that class.
•Jobs
The job system - that series-defining trademark - will be implemented in FINAL FANTASY XIV (details such as specific jobs TBA). Quests to unlock each job will become available once you have reached a certain rank in the corresponding class.
Rather than being advanced versions of classes, we would like players to think of jobs as specialized playing styles optimized for partying. While playing as a particular job will render you unable to equip certain actions of other classes, you will be compensated with access to exclusive actions, which can be acquired through quests.

In practice, players will find the existing classes effective when playing solo or in certain party setups. Jobs, however, will shine in party situations where specific skill sets are demanded. Now, you didn’t hear this from me, but there are also rumors circulating that quests for obtaining job-exclusive equipment are also in the pipes.
We at the development team are currently hard at work on the job system, and expect to have details to share with you soon.

In Closing
•Fighting the Good Fight
Thank you for taking the time to pore over these words. Having read the blueprint, there is bound to be more than a few players who feel that we’ve only recited a handful of things common to all MMORPGs. There may be others still who are saddened - perhaps even piqued - that elements they felt made FINAL FANTASY XIV unique will be going to the cutting block.

I would like to clarify here that the battle team’s overarching objective is to lay a solid foundation upon which to build new elements - elements that will bring out the best in FINAL FANTASY XIV. The marriage of classes and jobs is representative of this endeavor. Whereas the ease of play classes offer will find favor with solo and casual party players, jobs will add a new depth of enjoyment for those wishing to take on high-level, strategy-rich content.

A period of great change is underway, and we ask you to bear with us. FINAL FANTASY XIV is dear to us as it is to our fans, and there is simply nothing we would love more than to see it flourish into everything it can be. And to see this wish become reality, we promise to spare no effort in delivering the ultimate battle experience to players.

On behalf of the team, thank you always for your encouragement and support.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:36 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

my initial reaction:

-I think that a lot of people are going to complain that visable emnity levels will make the game too hand-holdy and easy, but I personally think it will be interesting.

-Job system is extremely disappointing. I feel like they tried to throw a ball to a friend and it ended up veering 15 feet to the left. I guess I'll have to wait for more info. It just seems a real mess to have 2 play styles and 2 similar classes coinside at the same time in the game. I really wish they had gone the advanced job route and done away with the armoury system altogether. Unfortunately, they were probably pressured into keeping it due to all the work they have in yet to even be implemented armoury classes.

- sad to hear battle reg isnt fixed, but reading that they have to rework it from scratch gives me hope.

I hope they give out more specific info on jobs soon, cause right now all the latest hype is kinda having the opposit effect on me lol.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:02 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

I like having visible emnity. Its not that big of a deal. It just makes it easier to learn. Eventually it will be like FFXI and we will have a "feel" for it.

Im not sure about the jobs. I feel like the description they provided makes it sound like ranking to 50 in multiple jobs was a bit of a waste of time. Id like to think that getting rank 50 is still very important.

I was shocked about the battle reg stuff, but after reading the scope of all the changes Im surprised they even remembered to mention it.

In the end Im left feeling like they could have given more information. Why are they holding back? Are things really changing so fast that they cant tell us? Come on square, stop holding back. No one in the MMO world is going to steal your ideas, trust me. No one is looking.

oh and the AF shout out was awesome. I cant wait to look just like everyone else.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:54 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

im glad im not the only person apprehensive over the job system descriptions as it is now. Ive had quite a few people message me today with the same sentiments. It just feels extremely awkward to me to have 2 extremely similar jobs for slightly different purposes and similar skills at the same time, being leveled separately. I get that you cant just turn a thaum into a blm and not piss people off, but what about lancer vrs drg? Pug vrs monk? or archer vrs...um another archer. super archer? how do you keep people's attention to level both.

I just think the more natural flow of the game, and most sensical, woudl have been to not advance the existing jobs past 50 and make the traditional jobs an advanced class. So you really earn your cooler monk by leveling pug, and it doesn't really matter if they're quite similar as you'd expect it to be so. It'd also have given us that sense of accomplishment and recognition we're all chasing after but so far the game hasnt offered us.

Oh well, I still will wait and see. But i kinda feel that by not making it connected directly to the existing jobs, that I've wasted a lot of time leveling those existing jobs. I see no reason to continue playing any of them once the "better" equivalants are out.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion