It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:52 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Easter event help
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:08 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

I need some help on the easter event.

Everytime I speak with the NPC, it gives me the message that I cannot accept the quest starting egg.

My inventory is not full, and I've tried moving to different towns, teleporting then returning, using return within the same city, restarting the game and pc, talking to different pcs, clearing out other unrelated quests. It's been 3 days and I'm still unable to start it, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks ; ;

:derp:

Post subject: Re: Easter event help
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:59 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

biggest emoticon ever.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:19 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

yeah kayne herped the derpy - gotta find a better version

maybe try this: Image

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:05 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

thanks kio, just used your image and added transparency to it via an online gif editor since I didn't feel like installing Imageready. I was trying to use the same editor to resize it before but it would fuck up the image, so thanks for resizing it for me lol =p

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:10 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

lol awesome

I didn't make it though, I used google icon search.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:18 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

I was able to get this going finally, and got a hat. Same problem trying to start it in another city, but I've read that doing all 3 cities doesn't net you a different hat.

In fact, no one seems to know how to get anything else. So, I thought, we can use this thread to try to break the puzzle.

So far two possible clues I got are that it may involve a circle, and 10 eggs. There are multiple eggs in the dats that are not being given out by npcs. I also wonder if the giant awkward floating eggs in town have anything to do with it. I tried standing under them with my hat on, no deal.

I aslo tried fighting the mobs listed in the easter story with the egg hat on, no different drops.

I wonder if its expecting you to have a certain amount of npc dispenced eggs to trade it for a special archon egg. Like 10 lightning. Anyone have any theories?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:01 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Someone once posted that since this is a time-released event to just wait it out. For now, seems to be the best option as I'm noticing people are actually selling their hat or hats in the wards.

*Note that only by completing the quest will net you the easter background to your profile in the FF Lodestone.

For now I say wait it out, there are a lot of popular rumors and things circulating...some like the hat will mature itself over time that by year four of this game it will be rank 40...to the hat has its own sp level...to next week or this weekend a new quest and new eggs will be given out.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:15 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I'm actually quite happy with the hat, simply 'cause it matches my red velveteen robes and looks hilarious on a lalafell.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:35 am 
Spammer, to the max!

Quest just opened!!!

I had egg hat and all the eggs in my inventory...(not sure if that matters)

“The Dreamer's Dilemma (Ul'dah)” accepted.
“The Dreamer's Dilemma (Ul'dah)” has been updated in your journal.
Wadard: You've spoken with the Dreamer? Then you know that we have been betrayed.

Wadard: One of the spriggans we enlisted to assist in the spreading of the gospel─Ziggy─has stolen our cache of Archon eggs.

Wadard: The Dreamer foretold this misfortune in her gospel, and remains steadfast in her belief that the heroes who helped us once before will help us once again. She has even asked me to reward those who come to our aid with specially crafted egg caps.

Wadard: Locate and retrieve one Archon egg and one lightning, earth, and water Archon egg, and I shall give you a pristine egg cap similar to the one the Dreamer wears herself.

Wadard: Bring back one colored Archon egg and one fire, wind, and ice Archon egg, and I shall give you a vibrant egg cap.

Wadard: Bring one painted Archon egg, one astral Archon egg, and one fire, wind, and lightning Archon egg, and I shall give you a brilliant egg cap.

Wadard: Finally, locate one darkened Archon egg, one umbral Archon egg, and one earth, water, and ice Archon egg, and I shall give you a midnight egg cap.

Wadard: But please do hurry. The summoning ritual draws near, and without the eggs, we are sure to fail...

Talked to Spriggan and.....

Figgy: Spriggy egg! Spriggy caaave!Dry caaaaaave! Bony caaaaaaaaave!

Figgy also mentions other caves I think

Hint:
Spoiler: show
There is a place one should be looking for as long as you follow Figgy's clues

OK Just ran a comparison...I think in the future not many will care about some of these but

*The +1 +1 and +2 +2 blank field stats in bottom are HP +1%/2% and MP +1%/2% depending on the cap.

@ lvl 15 Chocobo Egg Cap

@ lvl 20 Black Usagi Kabuto or Silver Usagi Kabuto

@33-35 Skull Eyepatch (Black) or Conquistador Elmo (mages something different entirely)

@ lvl 40 (pre-Tricorne/faction gear/etc.)

2 choices:
Conquistador Elmo

or

Midnight Egg Cap

I am currently getting more HP and MP from the midnight cap (at the sacrifice of a bit of DEF) making the midnight egg cap a viable armor piece and...its for ALL JOBS!

Full Spoiler below:
Spoiler: show
http://chardrizard.guildwork.com/blog/2011/4/26/4db6a4b9205cb2377807d9c9-hatching-tide-hard-boiled-high-jinks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:24 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Do you get all these new eggs the same way you got the others? I have only picked up eggs in Ul'dah, and so far I have a decent collection of water/earth/archon eggs on my three chars, but that's it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:30 am 
Spammer, to the max!

Gotta farm a few spriggans for a few eggs...not too hard.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion