It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:21 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Thinking about playing again
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:42 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

So I'm contemplating giving FFXIV another go as I keep getting those urges to play the same way that I'm sure you all have with XI considering I'd still play XI if I could. My main issue is whether I'll have enough to keep me amused during this attempt at quelling the boredom. Last time I played was beginning of January just before I left for Europe so how much content was added since then? I know there's a good number of you folks still playing but is it just "I'm logging in to sit in Jeuno and run around in circles" type playing or have they managed to work on some actual story quests since then? I don't mind a bunch of "Go from point A to B" stuff as long as there's some mild reason behind it.

What do you people think? Worth getting back in to? I think I might need to find another series or two to watch on my second monitor for crafting though... suggestions on those too? haha...

-Mesan

Post subject: Re: Thinking about playing again
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:07 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Well...leveling up isn't as slow and painful as before. They made a lot of improvements, the only part lacking is a party search feature similar to FFXI (the current one sucks).

Crafting is better. They've cut more menus, making it less tedious to repeat last synth. Overall it's quicker and less annoying. It's easier to mindlessly spam enter and watch TV or something.

The new quests are nothing exciting, but there are plenty of "go to location X and kill monster X" types of quests added, along with new easier NMs. Some new NMs are still pretty hard to solo at 50 still.

Post subject: Re: Thinking about playing again
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:57 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

No you won't have fun, unless you are running around in circles in uldah or leveling up. content was increased by a little bit. unless you plan to do alot of leves, don't bother. I'm not even sure what im going to do once I hit 50. maybe wait for skyy to hit 50 so he can make me my sword.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion