It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:52 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: New update?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:59 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Where are the details for the June update? It's June and I haven't seen a date. They need to start fixing shit ASAP. That is all.

Post subject: Re: New update?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:54 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

I don't think they've mentioned anything about ffxiv at E3 yet. From the announced line-up of titles, it feels like they are trying to make up the revenue lost from ffxiv by releasing other major titles. You can view the list here: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/06/02/367184 ... quare.html

btw... Wakfu (their new MMO) looks terrible

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:28 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

WAKFU what a lame sounding name for an MMO.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:12 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

it looks like crap

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:14 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Was I the only one who read wakfu as Waifu? am I that big of a geek?!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:26 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Looks like another similar-named MMO, called Dofus. It looks okay for what it is. An isometric MMO that uses tactics-style fighting. Still probably won't be like a full-fledged MMO, but more of a casual/social affair.

Either way, S-E can suck on one. I've been looking into Star Wars: The Old Republic. lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:41 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Ridere wrote:
Either way, S-E can suck on one. I've been looking into Star Wars: The Old Republic. lol.

Im up for taking that game for a spin too. Ive enjoyed playing other games together during the FFXIV Great Wait.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:08 pm 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

Hm, I thought Wakfu had been around for awhile. I know there's a French anime based on the game that's in its second season right now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:41 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Wow every single thing coming from SE looks like crap haha. I wonder what happened to make them suck so badly. I used to be a huge squaresoft fanboy...they dissappoint me now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:44 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

Wakfu has been out for a while, i heard it has some 3 million subscribers. Its just not been brought over to NA.
I tried watching the french tv show its based on once, couldnt get into it and was slightly creeped out by the animation style lol.

Course i dont do well with fantasy stuff.

And for Rid, its a spin off of Dofus.

I really hope something is done for e3. I guess i wasn't expecting any trailers durring the big 3 but i'm hoping we get some sort of bone this week. If absolutely nothing is done durring e3, if even unofficially (like something thrown up on lodestone) I will feel extremely disenchanted with this game. Even more so than already.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:47 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yarr wrote:
Ridere wrote:

Im up for taking that game for a spin too. Ive enjoyed playing other games together during the FFXIV Great Wait.

Yah, I have some RL friends who wanted Kitty and I to play SW:TOR when it came out, but we were resistant. My resistance is waning, though. If a bunch of us migrated over to a new MMO, should this one not pan out in the next 6 months, or whatever, then maybe it'd be worth a shot.

I think release date is January.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:45 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

I heard that SW game looked terrible though, I remember being really interested in it awhile back but read that it was going to suck; also less importantly but still relevant, the graphics looked really unimpressive to me, thats certainly one thing xiv spoiled me on. But if the gameplay is good enough i don't think i'd care that much

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:50 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

is it just me or is ffxiv dieing hard lately... Or am I just getting bored with only crafting and having 0 people online to talk to. btw I think supa is dead or something.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:48 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Creonn wrote:
is it just me or is ffxiv dieing hard lately... Or am I just getting bored with only crafting and having 0 people online to talk to. btw I think supa is dead or something.

As I mentioned when they "announced" it back a few months ago, making us wait almost 2 months for the next major update would very much likely kill the game. The game isn't fun enough right now to have a 2 month wait with no new content.

If all the NMs they added in the last update were Rank 50+ HNMs then they'd have maybe gotten away with it, but right now there is quite simply nothing for Rank 50 people to do. Most people have decided to play other games in the meantime rather than sit online and do nothing and it's killed off the addiction way more than the 2 weeks the game was offline due to the earthquake. I think people were hoping that they were possibly holding out until E3 to announce something big, but we're halfway through it now and there's been nothing. It's been really quiet from them for a long time except for terrible Q&As on their forum, it really doesnt bode well.

They'd have been much better off trying to push out a few minor updates every 2 weeks like they were doing before.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:50 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

They've been silent for quite a bit of time now. A bit too long given the current state of the game. 1.18 is going to make/break this thing. They need to start hyping it now. Gotten to the point where I'm even playing Aion again.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:22 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Register to hopefully get into the star wars beta. omg. lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:50 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

lately ive been logging in, ....and...then...logging out 1 minute later. nothing to do. and no one to do nothing with.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:56 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I'm upset FFXIV is failing because I enjoyed playing with people from Ifrit, and there is a 99% chance I won't play another MMO if people switch. FFXI is the only MMO i've played other than this.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:12 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Ridere wrote:
Yarr wrote:
Ridere wrote:

Yah, I have some RL friends who wanted Kitty and I to play SW:TOR when it came out, but we were resistant. My resistance is waning, though. If a bunch of us migrated over to a new MMO, should this one not pan out in the next 6 months, or whatever, then maybe it'd be worth a shot.

I think release date is January.

I dont want to play WoW with a Star Wars theme.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:23 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

This just in, Kitty rejects Ridere's ideas most likely purely out of subborness, film at 11.

This june patch is basically a WoW patch, Kitty. lol. Instances, yay. Can't even say that FF14 is turning into a WoW with FF theme, however, since there really isn't much of FF in this game at all. It's just turning into a WoW with better graphics, but slower updates and less content.

2-3 cutscenes that include a moogle, and 3 non-interactable chocobo NPCs. How Final Fantasy!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:31 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Ridere wrote:
This just in, Kitty rejects Ridere's ideas most likely purely out of subborness, film at 11.

This june patch is basically a WoW patch, Kitty. lol. Instances, yay. Can't even say that FF14 is turning into a WoW with FF theme, however, since there really isn't much of FF in this game at all. It's just turning into a WoW with better graphics, but slower updates and less content.

2-3 cutscenes that include a moogle, and 3 non-interactable chocobo NPCs. How Final Fantasy!

yeah, it sucks. I may cancel my account if they start charging for it and its still boring.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:34 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Man that's so true. Part of what I loved about FFXI was the fact it was a final fantasy themed multiplayer game. FFXIV doesn't feel like final fantasy at all. None of the jobs, none of the NPCs, hell...our server is called Trabia...wtf is a trabia? No summons, no chocobos, no airships. Weak.

Also the quests suck. The quests in FFXI were so awesome (even if they were difficult). They need to add quests that don’t involve:

A. Parley
B. instance where you follow an NPC around and kill mobs while staying in the instance bubble
C. instance where you have to parley with 5 fucking people while staying in the instance bubble
D. all of the above

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:51 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

instance bubbles can suck my poo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:41 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Whisp wrote:
instance bubbles can suck my poo

speaking of which i need to finish that last instance bubble quest.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:52 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Ive been hanging out on Kets dedicated Terraria server. Panther and Ket are on there a lot too.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion