It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:40 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Re: So, what exactly is taking so long?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:20 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Fattino wrote:
i convinced a rl friend to reroll on ffxi because he lost his old account. 6 days later he hit lvl 90. thats including doing all limit breaks, unlocking subjob, and full skill up on dagger and evasion for maat (he was thf). Abyssea exp is so broken it takes alot of the lvl grind out of it. In 1 day i lvled my Mnk from 85-90, got 20 merits, then went and job changed and took warrior from 37-85. Think the pt lasted maybe 10 hours.

dude, wtf haha thats insane. I assumed Abyssea was 75+, I didn't realize it leveled jobs from 37-90 that quickly.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:27 am 
Ron Jeremy irl
Ron Jeremy irl

that is fucked up lol, seriously, its that easy now?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:36 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

What about making gil? My old character is gone and I would have to 100% start over. I remember making gil was a HUGE pain in the ass when I first started FFXI...until I joined HNM LS and did dynamis.

The most gil i've ever had at one time was probably 6 million (at the very end) and that wasn't for long. I usually had between 1 and 2 million.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:20 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

so instead of 15 thousand exp an hour its now like 15 million exp an hour?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:21 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

This is making me consider going to buy FFXI and expansions since they are cheap now. I am just concerned level 1 till whenever I can get into Abyssea, will take forever due to lack of PL or people to party with.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:05 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Spyder Monkey is playing FFXI again on his old character Ephit. I considered starting over, but decided against it. I'm gonna catch up on cosole games and irl shit. I'll check out FFXIV after the update.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:45 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Whisp wrote:
so instead of 15 thousand exp an hour its now like 15 million exp an hour?

If I remember right its more like 100-150k/hr but still its pretty ridiculous considering the amount of exp needed per level is what, 44-60k going through 75-90? and merits are 10k per, so yea it adds up.

The amount of time it used to take to build up lights to cap out exp changed a ton when they introduced dominion ops (I think that was the name of it) you get like 5k exp reward for killing 5 mobs that give 600exp each (on certain families), and in a full alliance.... well the exp just rolls in.

Personally I used to just trio, and still rake in about 60-70k/hr until I got bored and quit lol

For me the fun aspect of FFXI died out with all the grinding, there is nothing to do in abyssea but grind exp, grind nm's, hoard gear and then go do it all again in another zone...

Kluya wrote:
What about making gil? My old character is gone and I would have to 100% start over. I remember making gil was a HUGE pain in the ass when I first started FFXI...until I joined HNM LS and did dynamis.

As for this, there's so much rare/ex gear now in abyssea that gil is pretty much useless apart from buying tools/food, as long as you can get to 37 (through fields of valor) and find some friends to grind you to 90, gil will never be an issue.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:01 pm 
CKD's Minimum Fuck up

sorry for not posting i forgot i posted. yeah average exp for a good group is around 100-150k per hour. Any job lvl 30+ can enter, and all exp alliances need a minimum of 2 leechers if theyre good for opening chests so its not too hard to slip into a leeching spot.

As for gil, its a little easier to get because you can buy items with crour (an abyssea currency simmilar to conquest points), and just vendor the items. 54k crour can translate to about 105k gil to a vendor. The other important thing to note is that gil is alot less mandatory. Those same items u can get for dirt cheap or for crour make up a decent lvl 77ish set. Majority of the good items are dirt cheap on AH now, or r/e.

For instance, i bought an Amemet mantle +1 for 5k. cerberus mantle 11k. ruby rings 10k. scorpion harness 30k. etc etc.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:47 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Nayoz wrote:
This is making me consider going to buy FFXI and expansions since they are cheap now. I am just concerned level 1 till whenever I can get into Abyssea, will take forever due to lack of PL or people to party with.

I don't think this is a problem. My friend's friends that play had to start new characters and they're always in groups and there's always someone PL'ing.

Gil is really easy to come by. I wad 17k on me at one point and somehow got 600k without really doing much.

Levelling up is really easy now, and apparently most or all missions are uncapped to easily roll through them if you didn't get to experience them before. The thing I hate the most is everybody levelling every job "just because" and then trying to play it and suck terribly. Everyone wants to be a thief now for TH and makes getting items I need for it a pain, but it's all not terribly hard anymore.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:55 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

The other night I logged on to FF14.

Within 6 seconds, no exaggeration, lightning struck the power lines outside, power went out, and I was prevented from playing. I got a good chuckle out of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:04 am 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

Whisp wrote:
The other night I logged on to FF14.

Within 6 seconds, no exaggeration, lightning struck the power lines outside, power went out, and I was prevented from playing. I got a good chuckle out of it.

aww nice talk about bad luck. Did it fried your computers?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:43 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

nah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:02 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

lolol @ Madi's avatar and signature

SE's timeline posted by whisp, hehe! That's how bureaucracies work, so sad when it spreads to my favorite developer =/ Like having a meeting to disclose a time when the next 'important' meeting will occur. I guess it's so they can lay down at night and think, oh yeah...I got stuff done today!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:06 pm 
DL Hughley

Too much dev staff diverted to the creation of 600 terrible FF13 sequels.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion