It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:58 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: getting back into it
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:31 am 
Even Match
Even Match

Rift is kind of getting Meh atm, and i'm looking to get back into ff14. how are things overall these days? is there enough to keep a person busy other than crafting besides the new announced content? tanks! :trollface:

Post subject: Re: getting back into it
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:39 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

depends where you left off in the game. If you're relatively low level (25's to 30's) there's a lot more to do and grow into than if you are 50 or close to it. Nothing really stops you at 50 from doing lower level content, but rather than having a sense of adventure that over leveled above what was intended, you kinda instead get this "let's just get it done" sense.

There's a very large patch coming Tues, so I can't quite place value on what's included yet. So far looks good.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:47 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Im aiming to be back big time next week for the patch and ready to relearn the game.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:53 am 
Spammer, to the max!

Yarr wrote:
relearn the game.

this probably applies to alot of absent members, much of the game dynamics have changed. i found i actually had to learn to play conj even though it was already 50 when they first made alot of changes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:55 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

As I think Rid mentioned last night, the majority of us levelled to 50 pressing just a single 1 key over and over and over again for about 4-5 months straight, when healing incurred basically no hate and all cure spells were AoE "Just fire and forget your strongest Cure spell".

Really does make you wonder what the hell the original dev team were thinking with how the game was originally balanced.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:07 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

I found it that holding hate while in a group is alot harder for me now. althou I am getting used to it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:54 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Ketrebu wrote:
As I think Rid mentioned last night, the majority of us levelled to 50 pressing just a single 1 key over and over and over again for about 4-5 months straight, when healing incurred basically no hate and all cure spells were AoE "Just fire and forget your strongest Cure spell".

Really does make you wonder what the hell the original dev team were thinking with how the game was originally balanced.

For sure.

Last night was a struggle for me. Even doing things like sleeping frogs seemed to be annoying. I really need to spend time re-learning the controls. I was having a heck of a time getting my action bars to flip back and forth between the three. Ruby mentioned he just made a bunch of macros (even tho they messed him up a few times lol), so I think that's what I'm going to do.

The 2nd run was full of a bunch of us noobs. I don't think Kluya, Kitty and I really knew what we were doing, but I was glad we could at least get the quest completed. I think I'll be back to FF14 full time for the foreseeable future, though, so I don't get any more rusty than I already am.

Was quite the wake up call last night that we were the top of the top back in FFXI, and yet we struggled so much with the first boss of the first dungeon in this game. I do think our "Conditioning" for the past year is not completely our fault, given that we just spammed our strongest moves before, but that's changing now.

So yah... I think I'll spend time getting spells/macros set up and maybe give crafting another shot. We'll see!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:58 am 
Spammer, to the max!

Ridere wrote:
Ruby mentioned he just made a bunch of macros (even tho they messed him up a few times lol), so I think that's what I'm going to do.

i try to put actions i really need to see recast times on my action bar 1 and macro the rest of the crap (i actually only really macro cures and buffs). and yeah, sometimes hitting my alt key to fire a macro freezes the game up for up to 30 seconds, fucked me over bad last night. anyone else have this problem ever? (it occurs to me constantly when i 2 box, but i wasnt even 2boxing and was on a fresh restart last night)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:33 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

Marauder control is barely any different than it was on day one. Every single action on all 3 bars are used constantly, and half the time I am awaiting the timer on every single skill. And in the meantime smack with the axe. Same old way as it's always been. I guess the biggest difference with Marauder is how to efficiently utilize MP.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:50 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

I'm happy to see lots of people back online. There were lots of people around last night even though it wasn't patch night, almost enough to have run two simultaneous dungeon runs. I guess news of the patch has people excited.

And I play how Ruby does (on Gladiator at least). All my "need to know recast" abilities go on action bar 1. Everything else I macro to different buttons. Honestly the scrolling up and down action bars thing is still my biggest UI complaint. They really need to let us have all 3 on the screen at once.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:57 am 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

I need to get back on but I got a good vacation week coming on oct 12 til 20 and another Nov 9 til 17 but 12 and 13 is my other plans.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:17 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Is anyone going to be on tonight?

Also how are abilities put into macros outside the game, or rather how should they be so they input correctly? Got a keyboard with macro functions so I might try that out, but I'm pretty used to just scrolling between my bars as necessary.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion