It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:34 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Will you stay after billing goes live?
No 18%  18%  [ 4 ]
Yes 32%  32%  [ 7 ]
Undecided 23%  23%  [ 5 ]
I will come back for 2.0 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
2013 is too long to wait for things I needed now 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I will play all the 1.0 story line leading up to 2.0 and beyond. 18%  18%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 22
 Post subject: 2.0 and billing poll
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:17 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

Uncreative title and options as I am ill and can't be bothered haha.

I'm just curious how many people we can expect to maintain once billing starts. From the responses lately it doesn't seem like they are going to bed on billing, and aren't going to reduce the subscription fee.

I'm also curious to know how people feel in relation to 2.0.

So the poll is really 2 polls in one. The first 3 questions being about if you will stay once the subscription fees kick in (early Dec), and the second half asks if you plan to play the current or future game.

The poll allows for more than one vote, and also the changing of votes.

So yeah, um, have at it.
/pass out sick :oops:

Post subject: Re: 2.0 and billing poll
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:17 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I voted no. I love all you guys like family, but I'm not going to pay for this game. 2.0 may be awesome, I hope it is, but I'll be 31, and I fear this game will always be grindy, no matter how casual they attempt to make it for 2.0.

The next year's content will basically just be grinding. Grinding the crafting and DoW jobs up while you wait for 2.0. No thanks. I'm still going to troll the forums, though!

If 2.0 rocks, I may come back, but I may be super casual by then. I'll troll the forums, either way, and fart around in Star Wars with RL friends.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:50 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Im probably going to pay. Depends on how my budget looks once Ive moved.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:09 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

I can't wait for MW3 and D3 to come out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:12 am 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

Yarr wrote:
Im probably going to pay. Depends on how my budget looks once Ive moved.

Moving out of your parent's basement?......j/k Did you get new house or what yarr?

Edit: On topic = I'll be playing thru and paying for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:51 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

I'm probably going to pay, but just not be particularly happy about it. I'm not exactly short on cash or anything, and I'll still be logging on to do the events and new 1.0 only stuff plus whatever content they add. I'm not interested in any other MMOs so I'm in no rush to play something else either.

Those of you who won't be staying, it might be worth logging on just the month before 2.0 and blitzing all the pre-2.0 content in one go. I'm assuming none of the so-called "live" content will actually disappear until 2.0 itself actually hits.

PS: By this point I kinda don't care about D3 at all, lol. Just bring on Torchlight 2.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:54 am 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

I haven't made a decision yet either way. I definitely plan on being busy with Torchlight2 and D3. However, they did say in the BG interview that they're going to reconsider charging a reduced amount until 2.0. If they do that then I'd probably go ahead and keep paying and logging in for the updates.

Edit: I have to say, the biggest concern I have about ffxiv going forward is the lack of CKD activity. If I knew we would have enough people to actually do stuff together a couple times a week, I would be more interested in sticking around.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:46 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

I'm a little apprehensive about the environment the game will have post bill period. Sure lots of new exclusive contents will be added but I'm not entirely convinced I'll be in the ability to participate in them.

For one, I'm put off a lot at the prospect of having to level basically every available class in the game to be desirable for things like Ifrit prime.
Secondly, kinda lack the man power to do most of any of the recently added contents. Four new things were added that I'll likely never complete or even participate in.
So I'm not wildly convinced just skirting off random quests is going to be enough to tide me over.

That said, I may play for a while. I'm just worried that I'll get bored somewhere in between.

One trend I'm seeing though on other venues who have been holding similar polls, that most people plan to stay and pay. Albeit like Ket said, not exactly thrilled at the prospect. I don't suspect a mass exodus of people, more just like how it was a few months ago. So I guess SE isn't as batshit insane as I first suspected upon this announcement.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:11 am 
Ron Jeremy irl
Ron Jeremy irl

SE might find out that charging people will end up driving some people away, and some of them for good. I think they'll lose a decent amount of people, and how many of them are going to wait around until 2.0?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:23 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I'm still undecided

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:15 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

This thread makes me sad :( Even though it's my own choice not to play. haha.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:32 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I'll stick around, but I'm not happy about paying (cancelling the mule for sure).

I'm sad the 5 active people left in CKD will probably stop playing. I have dabbled in most of the current content (mostly with friends or pickup parties). I haven't beaten primal Ifrit or any of the stronghold NMs. I would like to do more in game and I see that dwindling away in a month.

I agree if they have to charge, it should be 50% until the game is finished.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:54 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

It seems like Chocobo Inc is what HHG used to be. It's the linkshell CKD people do events with. I wonder if they will pick the rest of us up after everybody in CKD quits.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:43 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Kluya wrote:
It seems like Chocobo Inc is what HHG used to be. It's the linkshell CKD people do events with. I wonder if they will pick the rest of us up after everybody in CKD quits.

Lemme know Klu. I really want to keep playing, but I have just about noone to do anything with so it's hard.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:18 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Dmitry wrote:
Kluya wrote:

Lemme know Klu. I really want to keep playing, but I have just about noone to do anything with so it's hard.

I concur.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:47 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

I'll keep on playing, but Its hard to consider what I do actually "playing ffxiv". Its more of "AFKing FFXIV"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:45 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Shut up Yarr you log in for like 10 seconds and the log out to get poutine.

Ponuh wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:53 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

I read today in the producers interview that the auction house will be out at the same time we begin paying, and that is their justification on charging 100%.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:00 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Well, that's great news, though. I might not agree with the justification being sufficient, but having an AH will rock. I hope they're all connected together, so people can start hanging out in their town of choice!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:40 am 
Even Match
Even Match

Ridere wrote:
Well, that's great news, though. I might not agree with the justification being sufficient, but having an AH will rock. I hope they're all connected together, so people can start hanging out in their town of choice!

Not until a proper party search system is implemented.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:53 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Oh, that's right.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:23 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

What sucks, is I've never seen them mention a /sea all feature or a party search feature like FFXI. They say they will continue to make improvements on the existing platform. Which means you get to hang out in Uldah and hope somebody shouts for a party your level range (or do it yourself).

/sea all would rock. Also being able to see what zone your friends and LS mates are in.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:38 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Kluya wrote:
What sucks, is I've never seen them mention a /sea all feature or a party search feature like FFXI. They say they will continue to make improvements on the existing platform. Which means you get to hang out in Uldah and hope somebody shouts for a party your level range (or do it yourself).

/sea all would rock. Also being able to see what zone your friends and LS mates are in.

This was the Q & A from the previous live letter on Oct 7th, new one should have happened today i think:

Q: Do you have any plans of implementing an efficient and easy-to-use party formation feature? Currently, everyone is shouting in town and it takes quite some time to efficiently form a party...

A: This is a very important topic for us and we are currently looking into creating a system where it is much easier to form parties.
A minor adjustment has been made to the party formation system when Dzemael Darkhold was implemented but we consider that it's not yet complete. I believe that the Market and the party formation system are the next big issue so we are planning to use FFXI's system as a reference and make an adjustment as soon as possible. Schedule and details on this will be announced once they are ready so please hang on.

Q: When is the revamp of the Linkshell system going to take place?

A: Since we are receiving quite a number of demands on this, I have been discussing with the Lodestone team and would like to work on it as soon as possible to improve the in-game community feature, especially in regards to Linkshells. We understand a Linkshell search is essential.
As the work on patch 1.19 has just been completed, we are now assigning priority to each task for patch 1.20 and beyond. I consider that the revamp of the Linkshell system is a must do to strengthen the in-game community for players to enjoy the game together. So, please wait a little longer.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/26096-The-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Video-Q-A-Summary-Released!-(10-07-2011)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:52 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

for the record, what they keep calling an auction house system doesn't really appear to be a true auction house. Any actual information that has leaked has pointed towards same old market wards with a better item search feature.

If that's true and how it's going to be, personally that's not good enough for me.
Won't turn me off from the game completely though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:13 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Correct me if im wrong, but there still has never been any mention of ever improving linkshells correct?

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion