It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:32 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Ifrit drops changing in 1.2
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:58 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Ket mentioned this last night, but I figured I'd post it anyways (in case people don't check official forums).

Quote:
Producer/Director Yoshida here,

Regarding Ifrit (Hyper) rare drop; we will add a new method to obtain requested weapon by amount Ifrit has been defeated in 1.20 (taking down Ifrit)

We of course looked into having the rare drop weapon going into loot pool (to those that has the key item) but when players are talking after which weapon should go to who, although I don't want to think about it, there may be a possibility someone taking it silently. (We will implement /random in 1.20 too)

In 2.0 for item distribution we are implementing a NEED/GREED/PASS system but with current system that is not possible; sorry for the trouble.

Just like OP's idea we will keep the drop rate and still keep the individual treasure chest but aside from weapon dropping as a chest reward there will be chance where you may be able to obtain an item which you can trade to get the reward; This item will go into loot box so it's possible to give/receive.
(Hoping people use the /random and compromise)
By collecting amount of this trading item you will be able to trade for the weapon you wanted through NPC

This will be applied to all future Primal Battles.
(If the system is going to be modified other primal battles will also be modified)
And depending on release timing the drop rate and amount of item required will vary so please be careful.

This is a step in the right direction. I would prefer making the current loot passable instead. This doesn’t eliminate greed, and takes away the fun of seeing rare weapons drop. If somebody wants to ninja loot a weapon from their own pool, they can ninja loot the key item just the same.

btw I do not see this being a problem for our linkshell, because we have a good people who are not greedy.

I am curious how this will affect the drop rate. And did he mention multiple key items could be required?
Quote:
By collecting amount of this trading item
I'm not sure what "amount" means lol.

Post subject: Re: Ifrit drops changing in 1.2
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:14 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

You'll probably need like 100 of whatever the item is to trade it for a weapon. I think it's a step in the right direction, since you could fight Ifrit infinite amount of times and still not get your weapon, but the loot system should have been better to begin with.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion