It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Mog Video
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:14 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

So since the servers are now down for basically all evening, here's a Moogle video.

Man, this was way harder to record than it should have been. I made about half a dozen recordings last night and only one of them came out with so few problems that I could actually manually fix it, which I spent today doing.

For whatever reason, my FPS tanks when I run Fraps inside Thornmarch, and it was sending all of the audio out of sync, dropping entire seconds worth of frames, and just overall making the video crappy. This one is one of the fights from last night, I don't remember which one. Was it one of the better or worse ones? Who knows. At least it's not the one where I spent 20 minutes running around without any gauntlets on, stupid macro.

This video may or may not be interesting to you. Bare in mind that since I'm kiting I spend a lot of the time running away with the camera facing sideways/backwards so I can still keep an eye on what the heck's going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHxtAaNVgdE

Q: How come you can see everything's enmity all at once!?
A: /enm on

Q: How come you can see the abilities the moogles are all using!?
A: "Successful hostile actions by enemies." - I have this on my battle log, but I also inject it into the chat log using a second chat tab called "Raid Chat".

Q: You can't hold hate on anything at the start, why are you bothering?
A: Dead moogles seem to continue to both hold and BUILD hate. The higher the hate levels you can get the moogles before they die, and then continue to use Sentinel>Rampart/Cures/etc, the better your hate is going to be when Memento hits. The more moogles that come after you rather than mages the better.

Q: Wait, all you do is just run in circles and cast Provoke/Flash every so often?
A: Yeah, basically. Kiting is a different art than tanking, its a lot less interesting to look at.

Post subject: Re: Mog Video
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:31 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Ketrebu wrote:
Q: You can't hold hate on anything at the start, why are you bothering?
A: Dead moogles seem to continue to both hold and BUILD hate. The higher the hate levels you can get the moogles before they die, and then continue to use Sentinel>Rampart/Cures/etc, the better your hate is going to be when Memento hits. The more moogles that come after you rather than mages the better.

The other side to this coin, is going all out on 1 mob, usually leads to that mob really hating you phase 2. Also if the person tanking the moogle you pissed off dies, it can will come back to you again. I am sure the same goes for getting too much agro as a healer before a specific moogle dies, then you keep building hate just by your normal actions through the fight.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:32 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

btw later in the night we finished a run in 15:15.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:24 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

You can set config for there to be a permanent monster HP meter right above their heads just like the enmity meter.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:39 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Yeah I have that turned off because it puts a HP bar over *everything*, including myself, all the hundreds of monsters in the distance, every NPC, and the dozens of people around town I don't care about.

Once I can make it only show HP bars for things I care about (party members, claimed monsters) I'll turn it on. They said this'll be a 2.0 thing now I think though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:11 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Good news Ket, I didn't have to pay for fraps. They refunded me and said I paid for it back in 2004 (I forgot haha). Anyways I have it.

What are your recording settings at? I recorded a 1 minute skyrim video at 60fps and "half size?" and it was nearly 2 GB. You weren't joking about those 500GB files.

Also how do you resize them for youtube? Your video still has good quality. I can clearly read the chat logs and everything.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion