It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: 2.0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:19 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

Cool thread to check out:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/thre ... ersion-2.0!

Post subject: Re: 2.0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:50 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

I love that thread.

However, I think something that's not getting discussed very often is the difference between 2.0 and 2.x

When I look at the massive list of features for 2.0 I can't help but think that, new server/client or not, they can't possibly be planning to throw that all in at once. I reckon most of the things they say are for 2.0 actually means things that can't be done until we have the 2.0 engine in place, and we may or may not receive months later. I hope I'm wrong, because that'd be awesome though.

I'm hoping sometime soon we'll get to see the 2.0 engine in action. It is supposedly complete now, a month ahead of schedule in fact, and they're just porting content from the current game to it (all the existing quests, cutscenes, old zones that are being kept like dungeons, etc).

E3 is in early June, and they said they'd definately have stuff to show off for E3. Hopefully it'll be more than just a new CG trailer. What I'm hoping most of all is that they'll give us a sneak peek of the 2.0 engine in their next "live producer letter" whenever they finally get around to doing it. They've hinted at it being sometime soon.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:29 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

hmm now that you mention it, I also now worry most of the advertised content will be in the form of subsequent patches after the initial 2.0 release.
I also quietly entertain the idea in the back of my head that some of it may be in the form of the game's first expansion and they may pull off what was done with XI - which is to offer the base game plus the expansion released at the same time for ps3 customers. Wherein the current pc players will have to either repurchase a bundle or buy the expansion outright.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:05 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Some minor 2.0 tidbits from YoshiP today:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/14967-Translations-(JP-to-English)?p=637589&viewfull=1#post637589

- Character creation: Bust _____ (size?) adjustable.
- Character creation: Mi'quote _____ (tail?) length adjustable.
- New race specific starting gear.
- All new 2.0 zone maps are "blind". You must "travel to unlock".
- Letters and delivery system delivered by "someone we all know". (Moogles?)
- There's a 2.0 promotional website being prepped for E3. (June 5th, btw)
- There's a campaign (by campaign they mean 2.0 advertising campaign) announcement at the end of this month.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:30 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

I really like that maps just aren't given to you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:58 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

ket I don't keep up with xiv anymore, can you tell me when pets or pvp is coming (I'd be active again with either) :( Have they said anything about it recently :(?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:29 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Beastmaster and Summoner were both on the Player's Poll we did like a month ago. They asked players to choose from a list of "what class/job you'd like added to the game first". We're still waiting for SE to post the results from it actually.

I can't remember what the other choices were (Ninja, Thief, Dark Knight?) but I reckon Arcanist/Red Mage was probably top choice, the game sorely needs another mage at the moment.

PvP hasn't been mentioned in a long while other than it's part of 2.0 and will have something to do with Free Companies (think linkshell vs linkshell) as well as grand companies. Not to mention some kind of colleseum being built near Limsa.

You're probably going to have to wait until they start dumping 2.0 information out like the rest of us I'm afraid.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:33 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

i'll be your pet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:12 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Whisp wrote:
i'll be your pet

You were my pet for a long time, remember our adventures together slaughtering endless coblyns and mice!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:30 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Hey, I have a question about jobs. When you unlock something like WHM, is it already the rank of the highest rank of the prereq jobs, or is it unlocked at 1?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:39 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

All jobs share exp with their base class. The job and class always have exactly the same amount of levels and exp.

If you are a Level 50 Conjurer, you are also a Level 50 White Mage (once it's unlocked).
If you are a Level 30 Conjurer, your White Mage will be Level 30 when it's unlocked.
Any exp gained on Conjurer also goes to White Mage, and vice versa.

Etc.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:44 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

That's kind of cool. I'm trying to think if I'd be interested in starting up again. I just feel like maybe i'd be playing too much catch up, and I don't want to hit things hardcore anymore.

I'll also be playing D3 with most of you, I'm sure.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:29 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

Since you're already 50 you won't have to do much catching up. Just ask the LS to help on some of the harder WHM & BLM quests, and you can probably finish them all in one night. We do moogle, Ifrit, cutters cry, aurum vale, or darkhold, most nights of the week.

If you ever do feel like leveling up another job or craft, it's quite a bit faster these days. People basically powerlevel each other up to 36ish (you get about 4 levels per hour in the 30s) and then join parties. You can get like 1300 exp per synth on crafts these days, partly due to rested bonus and food.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:32 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Is that 1300 exp for a non-leve synth, or a synth involving a leve? That's pretty sexy exp right there

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:06 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

Non-leve, believe it or not.
If you select a synth that's about 5 or 6 levels above you, and buff up with synth support and food and good gear, and have rested exp, you can consistently churn out 1300 exp. I've gotten as high as 2300 exp. It makes the levels breeze by. I usually hate crafting, and yet I just went from 25 to 40 armorer in about a week, crafting in between LS events, and even jogging or reading a book while doing it. Even if you aren't playing much, you should log in and put your character in the Limsa inn, and let it sit there a week. You'll have so much rested bonus it would last you a long while.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion