It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:33 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: All old content next week?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:55 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Is anyone interested in trying to get all the old stuff done next week? I'll be off and haven't done anything because of my work schedule, but I really want to get it done before the new version. I'll probably stay logged in just in case anyone pops online.

If not, is there a good resource for what to do for quests so I don't waste a ton of time wandering around?

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject: Re: All old content next week?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:10 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

The important stuff to do is the Grand Company storyline, as it'll be gone in 2.0. If you have your own personal chocobo, then you have a lot of it done already. If you don't, then the chocobo should be your incentive if nothing else.

Most of it can be soloed at level 50, but you'll need 3 other people (total 4) to be able to enter the storyline versions of the Primal fights. They're super easy though, with 4 level 50s you'll wipe the floor with them in less than a minute. Near the end you'll need a couple people to kill some magitek armor for you, and then finally a full group of 8 to beat the last two missions.

Just keep talking to the guy at the center of the grand company counter and doing his quests. If he won't give you any, try using Small Talk on him. If you haven't joined a grand company yet, you'll need to do the quests available in all three towns first before you can properly join one. You can get to the grand company HQs using the market ward zone line.

As for how to do each mission, the journal is your friend. Just keep doing Menu > Journal > Mission > Map at every step of the quest/mission and it'll show you exactly where to go, along with a recommended level and whether you need to bring friends along for any battle-related quest content.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:29 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Ah, ok. So those are the ones leading up to the big destructionation of everything? I haven't been keeping up with what we won't be able to do once the new version launches, but I don't wanna miss anything.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:25 am 
Even Match
Even Match

if im on ill help with anything :dbanana:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:30 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yeah I should be on this week also. I wish I had 2 PCs side-by-side, so I could leave FFXIV idle while playing other games. My desk isn't big enough.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:45 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Kluya wrote:
Yeah I should be on this week also. I wish I had 2 PCs side-by-side, so I could leave FFXIV idle while playing other games. My desk isn't big enough.

Don't you have a supercomputer? :P Just move the window to another monitor and launch something else lol

Ponuh wrote:

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion