It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Live Letter III Translation
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:00 pm 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

Rough translation of the recent live letter with Yoshi:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k-K ... true&pli=1

Quote:
Showing chocobo BLM -WHM gear - Behemoth...like... yeah...
Y: you can raise chocobo in different styles llke healer will become like that WHM or like defeating behemoth you can put on that gear on chocobo and ride it & fight alnog with it.
We are talking about making many gears.

Also some info on Free Companies:

Quote:
F: Please explain the details of free company
Y: First gather with 4 people - get in grand company - go to grand company counter and apply for free company and that’s when it will be created. At that time you will have a shared box which is shared with the 4 and have for example company leader which can only take out items from the box and stuff. It has detailed option so you can set those. By completing contents your free company level increases and you can create more emblems or have other features to expand. You can make a free company with 8 static members but say you can have allie with another company where you can share BBS (forum) and stuff together it has lots of options.
Y: You can also join company as a guest to try out the company and see if you like the company or not. Also you can invite low level players and by helping them you get points and stuff. It’s not too strict but one thing is you can’t have multiple free company as we have issues with shared items and stuff so that will be there.

It seems people are reading this that Free Companies are limited to 8 people.

Quote:
Q: Are there any plans to increase the level cap? If so, when?
A: At the launch of A Realm Reborn, the level cap will still be 50. We have not yet decided on the exact timing to raise the cap.

Post subject: Re: Live Letter III Translation
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:38 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

I really doubt a free company, which is meant to be a guild, is going to be capped at 8 people. Sounded to me more like he's suggesting you could make a small static company of just 8 people if you wanted.

The official translation posted by SE after the event doesn't even mention it:

Quote:
Q: Please tell us more about Free Companies!

A: A Free Company can be created by four players that belong to a Grand Company and then visiting GC counter. A shared item box will be given to those four players. Also, players will set the access level on the shared item box (i.e. only the leader can access, etc.).

Players will be able to change their emblem and create larger houses as they increase their Free Company level. Also, players will be able to form an alliance with other Free Companies and have their own shared bulletin board.

Official translation of all questions is at:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/thre ... -A-Updates

I wasn't able to watch more than a few minutes of the stream this morning (I was at work) but I did get to see them use the new crafting journal, was nice. Everything split up into level groups, just click items to show what they need to craft, choose whether you want to use NQ/HQ ingredients and hit craft.

Post subject: Re: Live Letter III Translation
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:03 pm 

I figured as much, but I no longer give SE the benefit of the doubt on anything :p

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion