It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:13 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Leveling in FFXIV
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:58 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

So I want to play final fantasy xiv bad but the thing is every time I try to find a party it seems like no one is leveling in the game, seems to me that every one is already max level and they are all doing end game events and never level other characters, leaving characters like me stuck doing leves till max level which is not fun at all.

So basically how do any of you level in the game I would like to know plus join all of you guys in end game events.

Post subject: Re: Leveling in FFXIV
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:17 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I did a lot of my leveling solo. It's slow at first but once you get into your 30s you can spam leves over and over and over, making some $$ in the process. I have all 7 dow and dom jobs at 50, and maybe had exp parties 10 times ever. And that was mostly for the first job.

It's very grindy. Most people who hung in there for FFXIV have dealt with that. If you can talk somebody into powerleveling you, it will get you to 30 really quick. I would do it if I wasn't addicted to borderlands right now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:28 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Wow I thought I was the only one haha thanks Kluya that clears up a lot now and yeah borderlands 2 is awesome I am playinh that atm just want some MMO action, also I am level 30 the stupid place where I got my tab thing does not update so I am a fresh bard.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:46 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Yeah I leveled most of my jobs to 50 just soloing leves, leves became good after they started offering exp reward for completion. Before that it was big 3 every other day then afk haha. PL is definitely fast, but yeah, gotta blow someone to do it for you

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:51 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

It's slow in the early 30s, but it picks up. I like spamming cedarwood and casseiopia hollows leves through the 30s. Then Iron Lake and Bald Knoll through the 40s. Crank up the stars as needed. I usually like to fight mobs that are my level or 1ish levels below me to make it faster.

You can set your Inn homepoint in LL and your secondary at one of the camps. You can time it so that you only have to port once to hit 2 different camps (port to one then return to the next, or even hoof it sometimes if you are low on anima), then return to LL to pickup more leves. Rinse repeat. Over and over and over and over.

Rubyxiii wrote:
PL is definitely fast, but yeah, gotta blow someone to do it for you

lol yeah it's pretty boring/tedious for the person doing the powerleveling.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:56 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Lol blow someone..pretty much need to XD! Thanks Kluya I have been doing casseippia hollows this whole time as well as cedarwood but that whole homepoint in LL is genius!

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion