It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:07 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: FFXIV PS3, It Exists
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:28 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Screenshots of the real PS3 version. Slightly lower res, UI assets slightly bigger, and a unique control interface for controllers.

The new "Cross Hot Bar" for PS3 Controller users - hold L2 or R2 and then press a direction on the dpad or face buttons to hit a spot on the action bar.

The new "XMB" style Main Menu.

And a bunch of new concept art available at:

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/2012/10/11 ... interface/

Post subject: Re: FFXIV PS3, It Exists
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:05 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

A bit of information that was posted on the official forum, taken from a slew of new itnerviews that accompanied the PS3 screenshot reveal.

Quote:
- They (somewhat) ended up changing the map/layouts of the three cities after all.

- Amon, the re-introduced boss from FFIII, is going to be (one of?) the boss(es?) in Crystal Tower.

- Titan is confirmed to be in ARR from the start.

- Odin will 'appear differently' compared to that of other Primals.

- Depending on how one raises one's chocobo, what they can wear in equipments will also be different. (ex: If you raise it as a mage-type chocobo, then it can wear mage gear; if you raise it as a tank, it can wear tank gear, etc)

- The new dungeon in the concept art will be one of the many leveling dungeons introduced in ARR, this one being one from R40~R45. Compared to the current slew of dungeons where it's mostly 'cave' type dungeons, there will be more 'ruin/tower' type dungeons introduced in ARR.

- Hamlet will undergo a complete revamp. It will no longer be the 'closed' type content it currently is. The reason why it's the way it is the current version is due to 1.0 limitations. In ARR they can finally implement a more open-style content, which is what they originally wanted to do.

- Monster AI will operate under a FFXII-style 'gambit'-type system. Likewise, Chocobo AIs will operate under something similar.

- Depending on what class you start as, your starting city will be locked to where that class' guild is located. (ex: If you start off as a MRD, you start in Limsa)

- Raid bosses will always drop some type of reward - somewhere around 2~3 rare drops per party, random lotted. Even if one didn't get the rare drop, the players will be rewarded with tokens which you can then exchange for rare drops. In exchange, the chances to participate in the random lottery will be limited to 3 times per week.

- All 1.0 players will get a chance to remake their character (appearance) for ARR. However, this can only be done once, and within half a year after launch.

- ARR's PS3 base resolution is 1280 x 544, which is then stretched/adjusted to 1280 x 720. Reason: PS3 memory limitations, etc. It's possible to set it higher as they're trying to fit every model into 10GB (the limit is 20GB), but with future considerations in mind, they want to set the bar relatively low for the sake of smooth performance.

- PS3 UI elements is still somewhat customizable in the sense that it can be moved around. Resizing the UI, however, is still up in the air.

- With the gamepad cross-bar system, one can register up to 128 actions (there are a total of eight 16 slots) on the bar, per class.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:23 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yay for chocobo raising!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:20 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Quote:
- All 1.0 players will get a chance to remake their character (appearance) for ARR. However, this can only be done once, and within half a year after launch.

woohoo! I'm changing to Lala. It will be funny seeing familiar names as different races. It was strange seeing Krellis and Nizzy not as Taru (like they were in FFXI). I wonder how many people will actually do this. I'm sure Spy will change his voice if nothing else lol.

Quote:
- ARR's PS3 base resolution is 1280 x 544, which is then stretched/adjusted to 1280 x 720. Reason: PS3 memory limitations, etc. It's possible to set it higher as they're trying to fit every model into 10GB (the limit is 20GB), but with future considerations in mind, they want to set the bar relatively low for the sake of smooth performance.

lol 1280X544, consolefail. I feel sorry for game developers that are stuck making the current badass games, and having to find a way to make them work on xbox 360 and PS3's extremley outdated hardware. I never thought I would convert to a PC gamer, but since I have - I never looked back.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:50 am 
Even Match
Even Match

What happened to male mithra?????

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:00 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Krellis wrote:
What happened to male mithra?????

oh ya ha, that's possible too! I'm gonna spend some time on this one. I rushed making my current character in beta, and just tranferred it to the actual game. Both for the same reason, I was in a rush to actually play.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:55 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Im probably gonna change my skin colour a little if they add some new ones. I thought blue was fun, but Im finding too many people with a similar colour. Id like to stand out as much as possible.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:35 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

I'm going galka. Not! But picture that!

Side note, if they have an onion-haired galka I will seriously consider it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:44 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

We need atleast 1 female galka. They will be scary. Like the super mutant Tabitha from Fallout: New Vegas

Attachments:
Tabitha.jpg
Tabitha.jpg [ 149.66 KiB | Viewed 1664 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:27 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

lol i really wish but from what ive seen theyre pretty aesthetic looking. im really hoping for long and feminine hairdos added for hume females.

as for the gamepad version im excited it looks much more efficient. i just hope that it doesnt bar you from hybrid use of mouse and keyboard commands like utalizing drag and drop.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion