It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:53 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Ready for Phase 3?!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:31 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Yep, I can confirm this.

Can't imagine it'll make it into the final build, though it does seem odd to do this so out of the way for each class just for the beta.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:10 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Screenshots anyone? Took a few during Ifrit.

Ifrit:

New Eruption is pretty massive:

It's not a fight without Kio being dead:

And some Chocobo Antics later:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:11 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

tehkei wrote:
seems like I cannot run this game on anything higher than normal settings at 720p. thinking about getting a new ati video card or stealing ridere's card so i have two. does this game benefit from having two cards? I belive I have an ATI radeon HD 5770. will crossfire work with the game or should i just get a new video card?

saw this card on sale http://amzn.com/B009LTUC90
ATI 7850 1gb for 168. worth it?

As of right now, I have 2 HD 6870s but crossfire isn't supported in the beta. I can run high settings around 40FPS, but overall the amount of games I want to play that use crossfire seems low. The coolest thing about it is the 3 monitor setup though, which ran really low fps for me in beta.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:02 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Right now it doesn't work, as far as I know.

They've said they plan to add support in later beta phases, but SLI/Crossfire support has always been terrible (or pretty non-existent) for both FFXI and FFXIV. And when it does work it just causes crashes and stuff. Krellis has had a ton of trouble with FFXIV and his 690 (which is an SLI'd 680) in the past.

If you have the option of getting a single powerful card, I'd avoid SLI for XIV personally. Just in case.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:12 am 
Spammer, to the max!

Yeah, for what I paid for 2 I could have had 1 better card.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:12 am 
Even Match
Even Match

Ketrebu wrote:
Krellis has had a ton of trouble with FFXIV and his 690 (which is an SLI'd 680) in the past.

True, but that was 1.0 with it's super awesome coding. I got it pretty stable eventually. I haven't had problems with ARR though and I don't see any reason I will in the future. I also see no reason why they won't be able to implement SLI without problems.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:15 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I'm looking for a reason to buy another 680, once they implement SLI I might pull the trigger. Although I guess it really isn't necessary for FFXIV...a single 680 handles max settings pretty well at my resolution (1920x1080). It just runs the card pretty hard. I only had 1 area drop my framerate far below 60 in beta.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:02 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

At 2560x1600 on max with my one active GPU there's been a few times it's dropped into the low 40s, but more often than not when I pay attention to what my FPS is, it's above 60.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:46 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Looks great Ket. Does the Chocobo pet heal on it's own or is that a petbar and you do it?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:39 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

It'll heal on it's own. However, the "pet bar" (a bar I made with abilities on it, you can put them anywhere) allows you to change between "stances", that determines what it focusses on. You can pick Healer stance, Defensive stance, and Offensive stance.

A Chocobo won't attack anything that you don't attack first, even if it's hitting you. Until you hit the target with a WS or an auto-attack hit, the chocobo will just stand there and do nothing. So, you can't directly order the Chocobo to do something, nor will it attack something on it's own. This makes fighting multiple enemies with them a little awkward, as stuff you hit with aoe doesn't seem to count. Maybe they'll have that fixed up by release.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion