It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:21 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Starting up with p4!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:54 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Well, when p4 hits, I'll be hitting it pretty hard to level/play a bunch. I've been playing wow exclusively since I stopped ffxi (roughly 7 years or so now?), but finally quit raiding and playing altogether there.

My question is to all of those that have been playing, what route do you suggest going, meaning what is searched for the most? I played WHM because we could never ever find a healer in the dunes for my thf (why I was mithra) and ended up just sticking with it. I've tooled around and gotten most things to at least 20 to try them out. I don't seem to like the positional melee as much, seems rough trying to balance hitting things from the side/back, but all I've done is quests/1-2 dungeons.

Also as a group, what do you find you guys needing? I'm sure once I get to level cap I'll want to actually do stuff.

Yarr wrote:
Severus is loser, what a shocking new broadcast.

Cyntari wrote:
Darnit! I want it NOW!

Post subject: Re: Starting up with p4!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:43 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

ckd is big enough that we aren't really lacking in anything, so pick any job you want :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:47 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

Like wow if you want to use random pug dungeon finder tank/healer are much faster to find queues with, but as whisp said in guild there's not a huge demand for any one role as far as I've seen. And most of the legacy players probably have multiple jobs to accommodate at least somewhat.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:55 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

And in FF14, you have the added bonus of being able to have all your jobs on the same char, so the decision isn't as important. Just play what you find fun. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:42 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

and the best thing is job-change doesnt have to be in town. it can be anywhere except inside dungeons or during battles.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:05 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

And with the gear change option, and being able to drag the button to a hot bar, you can job change and be fully equipped with the press of a button, or click of the mouse. I find that extremely awesome.

There were many times when I was farting around in my lima bean outfit (dyed my gathering gear green), saw someone in trouble (usually in a fate), and I job changed to CNJ with the press of a button to help out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:03 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Jobs aside, the best path for Phase 4 will probably be to clear the story as fast as possible. You'll want to get through it far enough to get your airship pass and access to Grand Companies to work on your mount. This takes till around level 20 if you just stick with 1 class.

Since my GLA is already 20 from 1.0 I figure I'll do it with Conjurer till 15 then move back to GLA so I can work on getting Paladin as fast as possible.

That's my plan anyways.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/871200/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:26 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

so um ... anyone know when phase 4 starts?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:21 am 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

It will probably be at least 2 weeks after this phase ends. I would guess something like August 2nd. Gives them a couple weeks to tweak things after phase 3, and a couple weeks between phase 4 and the early start. Phase 4 will probably only be a week long, as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:57 am 
Spammer, to the max!

Ridere wrote:
And with the gear change option, and being able to drag the button to a hot bar, you can job change and be fully equipped with the press of a button, or click of the mouse. I find that extremely awesome.

There were many times when I was farting around in my lima bean outfit (dyed my gathering gear green), saw someone in trouble (usually in a fate), and I job changed to CNJ with the press of a button to help out.

Could you help me out with that then? I couldn't figure out how to keep my equipment on when I switched classes (though I didn't mess with it too much either).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:15 am 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

Armani wrote:
Could you help me out with that then? I couldn't figure out how to keep my equipment on when I switched classes (though I didn't mess with it too much either).

In the upper right corner of the equipment/paper doll window there is a drop down menu that handles all the gear set saving functions.

There's basically 2 things you need to keep in mind. First make a new list for each class as you unlock it. This allows you to later drag the icon out unto to your hotbars for quick switching and the like

And two you need to manually update which gear is saved every time you get an upgrade (or at least before you switch out of the class). Which is pretty annoying when leveling, but eventually probably not the biggest of deals. Updating the saved list is similar to making a new slot for a new class except you just "replace the gear in list" or something like that instead of one of the other options.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion