It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:42 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Need a FF fix
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:34 am 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

I'm getting super excited about FFXIV and I'm looking thru youtube trying to find anything on FFXI. Anyone know of some cool videos?

Post subject: Re: Need a FF fix
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:07 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

For 14, go to youtube and type in ffxiv mr happy and also ffxiv kim

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:14 pm 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

K ty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:23 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:36 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:11 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

lol i remember that! hehe mithra flakes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:44 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

I quenched by ffxi nostalgia a few months ago with a populated free server I found.

http://ffxifree.com/onlineplayers.php

When I played, there were usually 150-250 people on at any given time and its basically the good old days of 75 content. It was mostly Sky, Dynamis and Kings (aka initial NA launch stuff) at the time but the coders were making attempts to add in CoP and ToAU content. Not sure how it is now, they had to do a character wipe at some point but have since implemented a daily character backup.

Speed hacks and position editors and the like were bannable but they didnt care too much about like crafting bots and exp rate was raised to be 4-5x faster. They really were/are trying to make it have the old legit feel and not have everyone running around in godmode until they get bored in a couple hours like most private servers of most mmos.

At any rate, give it a shot if you need the nostalgia fix badly enough. You can find the dl link on the forums

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:44 am 
Even Match
Even Match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we8IzS0qy3s

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:21 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Krellis wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we8IzS0qy3s

Still my fav XI song, reminds me of when I first caved in to Baileys requests to play the game. The endless hours of killing bees and camping Leaping Lizzy. /tear

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:27 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

Nothing gets my adrenaline flowing like this track. I even jog to it on loop.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:41 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I'll be honest. I still get hit in the feels with the Gustaberg music, it's true. It was totally a fresh new experience for me. First MMO, first time running around there killing bees and Tunnelworms.

I think this sound track is the vanilla game, though, not the one we all got with the RotZ expansion. The song from that one that really hits me are the Sanctuary of Zi'tah and, of course, Ru'an Gardens.

I really liked our time spent up in Sky when doing the big events, and that calming music you got to enjoy on the trip up there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:50 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

I always played ffxi with music on, never got sick of it even after years of looping.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:54 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

I'm a fan of the final boss themes. Probably just due to the nostalgia that comes with it, but they're still pretty good:

Final Fantasy XI, vs. Shadow Lord:
(You probably better know this as Dynamis-Xarcabard, but it was Shadow Lords boss music first.)

Rise of the Zilart, vs. Eald'narche:

Chains of Promathia, vs. Promathia:
(Theme doesn't really start until 40 seconds in.)

Treasures of Aht Urhgan, vs. Alexander:

EDIT: Put it in order; added the Zilart kid (took a while to remember his name so I could find the music.)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:48 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

Wish I stuch around to finish TOAU and try out WOTG. The boss music in CoP was really awesome...

The music for the entire Promathia fight is some of my favorite, but I like the first form a bit better than the second that Ket posted. Regardless they're both fantastic and were great for the fight.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:05 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

CoP boss music is stuff of nightmares! Level capped, no auto-syncing gear, stuff like Icarus wings and 2hrs required to even attempt and stand a chance in most fights, almost every boss had items you had to farm to actually make them defeatable, and then you had to farm more of them for each attempt, lol.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind the fights themselves being hard, that was pretty awesome. All of those fights were brilliantly designed, but with each defeat came tons of other headaches, waiting around for 2hrs to recharge, farming more items in level capped zones, needing to navigate a true-sight infested zone just to get there, dragging other people to help you, blah.

P.S. I prefer Promathia's second form music mainly because it was also the music used for Apocalypse Nigh, which was also awesome. I like that it tied the storylines of the vanilla game, zilart, and promathia all together too, providing you had beaten the story in all three.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:14 pm 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

Ketrebu wrote:
CoP boss music is stuff of nightmares! Level capped, no auto-syncing gear, stuff like Icarus wings and 2hrs required to even attempt and stand a chance in most fights, almost every boss had items you had to farm to actually make them defeatable, and then you had to farm more of them for each attempt, lol.

Yeah, when I went through on MM led by Kaylia, it was mostly a nightmare that took weeks. When I went through on Thurstan, they were all uncapped and I was level 99...It was pretty simple then. At most I would needed one other person for that emergency heal.

I played the game with sound off for years. I do remember the music, and I liked it, I just mostly played at night with sleeping people in the house. The most I played with music on though, was with Kayne's music pack. Good stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:27 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Metalmilitia wrote:
The most I played with music on though, was with Kayne's music pack. Good stuff.

/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:27 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind the fights themselves being hard, that was pretty awesome. All of those fights were brilliantly designed, but with each defeat came tons of other headaches, waiting around for 2hrs to recharge, farming more items in level capped zones, needing to navigate a true-sight infested zone just to get there, dragging other people to help you, blah.

Yeah but that's what made it sooo much more satisfying! Man when I completed COP promys I was so relieved and accomplished that I could go to sea and finally do stuff, Also sky was amazing the first time I arrived it was like a whole new game.

That being said it was a nightmare I had to PUG some of the promys good god people don't listen.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:54 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

That's some crazy nostalgia. Dynamis-Xarcabard is all I think when I hear the shadow lord music. Finishing Dynamis-Xarcabard was a pretty awesome moment. I don't know if FFXIV could ever reproduce something like that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:03 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Dynamis-Xarc music was solely responsible for me actually staying awake during 3am raids.

I used to afk in these zones sometimes when I'd go to bed, the music was just awesome to fall asleep to. Don't judge me!

Bhaflau Thickets was another but I couldn't find a video on Youtube, XI had such good music and I hope XIV can deliver in that aspect.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:30 am 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

I won't judge about that being so weird.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:36 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Nothing weird about that soul I have several FFXI songs on my Ipod my favorite is the Gustaberg song man the late night and early mornings when I hear that song and watch the sun (irl) come up is magical falling asleep to that song is awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:39 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

I used to have a FF music compilation CD in my car, there's something really amusing about driving somewhere really mundane and routine but set to extremely dramatic quest and battle music. Like my trip to the 7/11 can mean the difference of saving the world. I have obtained the slurpee of justice now nothing stands in my way! Oh no, a brain freeze debuff effect, quick someone summon a healer! I..can't..let them..down now... Where's my power of friendship overcomes all motivational speech from my party mates when I need it? ...My imagination is a bit over active ^^;

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:38 pm 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

All that furniture they showed in the latest Live letter is awesome. I'm super interested in how the guild housing and homes will be now. Or how creative it will all be. Sorry couldn't find a decent pic of what they showed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:49 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Was bored checking all my old ff11 stuff and can't believe I came across this site again... rofl.
wow crazy nostalgia. Renewed my 11 account 3 months ago to get by with the boredom waiting for ARR and good god the game is vastly different from Zilart and CoP days.

Yay for phase 4 this weekend- o'wait still can't get past 20. O'well. Atleast it's still better than playing 11 or anything else that's out even if I'll just be staring at pixels with nothing else better to do.

Glad to see some of you are still around having a good time.

Retired- FF11 / WoW / Rift / SWTOR

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion