It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:49 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Kitty Nekochan Adventures
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:04 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

I'm stuck at work today so I thought I would post what I ended up doing all day yesterday lol, may continue to update this later on.

I redid the character, maintained her hair black and i think it was either red or blond highlights, since she is usually wearing a helmet most of the time I thought the character would cut her hair shorter.

changed her face a bit, added a few scars and changed one of her eye colors to a lighter color, I'm thinking story line in my head such as "five years ago she lost vision in one of her eyes during the battle of Carteneau" stuff. really liking her new look, to me its more fitting starting new with a new look for her.

First day I spend running throught the main storyline, spend about 4 hours to get to the first dungeon sastasha, after that I spend the next few hours finishing up the Gladiator quest.

Then I headed to LL to do the Culinary quest. there seems to be alot more people in the culinary guild than i thought, went through a few quest then i got stuck cause i needed a new item "Princess Trout" never really used it before so I figured it was new to the world, npc in the guild used to sell rainbow trout so i thought it was maybe sold in there. Well that was a big nope, so I ended up having to take up fishing.

Fishing seems to be way better than v1.0, I was able to catch fish fairly easily, ended up catching a Princess trout in about 15 minutes after leveling up to level 3 right outside of LL.

returned, cooked the trout and handed it in. the funny part about culinary quest is the little critic that NPCs give you when you turn in the quest. its like you are in a reality cooking show "this meat is charred but not burned, you sealed in the juices and you knew to cook the vegetables differently." its hilarious reading their reactions.

the level 20 quest for Culinary was interesting, they wanted me to get some pixie plums and make dried plums. ok I guess thats not tough, oh wait none for sale, so i guess i have to level up botany.

I had to fly to Grid, and buy a hatchet followed by a scythe. did the first quest for the guild master and then headed back to LL, looked for lvl 1 nodes but found none, realized i was a level 12 botanist already. headed to the closest node, hmm only tomatos and wheat. well i guess its not that bad but no plums. ended up finding out plums are a level 21 node ](*,)

Basically it looks like I will be leveling up both fishing and botany. which i guess it could be worst, i could be leveling those up in v1.0.

Post subject: Re: Kitty Nekochan Adventures
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:16 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

After a bit of exploration (mainly me getting lost) I started the dungeon quests. First up was sastasha. seemed longer than I thought, it was mainly due to being in a party with a blm and whatever job has those carbuncles. they seemed to pull hate eaiser than I remember. ended up dying to the boss, second time was a bit easier, tanked the boss above one of the grates and was able to click on the grate while tanking it.

Tam-Tara dungeon was even easier, started to get into my tanking groove here, we were able to finish off the boss without any problem.

Copperbell Mines is one of the worst ones, had to drag that jelly over and had bombs explode on it, took a while but healer did a good job. tanked the boss while others killed the minions.

caught up to most of what I did in phase 3 sans ifrit fights.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:17 am 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

It seems to be a theme with everybody, adding scars and making their character look more rugged.

From what I tried out in phase 3, it seems that all the crafts and gathering are interconnected. I guess that means we have to level up everything.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:00 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Metalmilitia wrote:
It seems to be a theme with everybody, adding scars and making their character look more rugged.

yeah I like the idea of it, the characters are 5 years older in game, so it would make sense to change a few characteristics.

Metalmilitia wrote:
From what I tried out in phase 3, it seems that all the crafts and gathering are interconnected. I guess that means we have to level up everything.

yeah specially early on, since theres not much for sale in the markets and what they are selling are over priced (30k for a pixie plum GTFO)

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion