It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:26 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 10102 error
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:05 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yeah I wish they would give us updates about how they plan to permenantly fix it. I wonder if they are tryng to avoid investing in any more hardware to save $$ (server blades maybe? I dunno).

People are going to be very angry tomorrow if they are still limiting logins. They better be panicking and finding something to fix this shit ASAP.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:07 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

That's all they can really do. I doubt code optimization will really do much. They could change the code up, so that they can "fix" the lobby server behind the scenes, but ultimately I think they just have to throw hardware at the situation.

I used to do dispatch for 3Com, so I'm a bit familiar with hardware delivery on an emergency basis. And I'm said to say, you can't really just snap your fingers and immediately have server blades showing up. Logistically it's tough - even moreso on a weekend.

I imagine (hope) over the next few days, they start adding hardware to alleviate some of this. Just in time for my two weeks off, starting Labor Day. \:D/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:32 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Ridere wrote:
I imagine (hope) over the next few days, they start adding hardware to alleviate some of this. Just in time for my two weeks off, starting Labor Day. \:D/

Rub it in omg /jealous.

Two weeks might be enough time to beat the game.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:36 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Kluya wrote:
Ridere wrote:

Rub it in omg /jealous.

some people already beat the main storyline and got their magitek mounts :/ ](*,)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:41 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

tehkei wrote:
Kluya wrote:
Ridere wrote:

Rub it in omg /jealous.

some people already beat the main storyline and got their magitek mounts :/ ](*,)

Oooh so that's where those are from? Damn.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:41 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I'm not in a rush to beat the game, but I am in a rush to unlock everything, so that I'm not suck being unable to experience some end-game content, because I don't have a certain key, or some plot progression.

They seem to walk hand-in-hand in this game, though, so I suppose I am in a rush to beat it. haha

I will admit I'm totally happy with having knocked out WHM and BLM during early release, including getting all the class/job quests done up to 50. There were some crazy solo fights on there that really keep you on your toes.

So now I can focus on the main storyline, and ACN/SCH/SMN and do gathering/crafting on the side.

BTW, can anyone confirm that a level of ACN (post 30) will equal a level for both SMN and SCH? Same with if I level up SCH from 30-32, will my SMN automatically be 32, as well?

Edit: I suppose since all you do is equip a stone as part of your class, it'd be sort of weird to have it de-level you down a few levels. But I suppose confirmation would still be appreciated. haha

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:52 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yeah, if you level SMN to 50 your SCH will be 50 also. Which is pretty cool.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:09 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

That is pretty cool, because I see it way easier to do the opposite. haha

Dungeon grind SCH to 50 with healing, then boom, SMN is good to go. Still not sure which one to spec in, though. I already have all MND being devoted to my WHM, and all INT will go towards my BLM. I'm not sure if I want to do a 50/50 thing with ACN, or pick one - and if so, then which.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:59 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

bleh, server is full again and no queue. Guess im not playing tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:07 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

OK So im just hitting "OK" to the server full message and then going back to "Play" and selecting my character. Someone said this wouldn't work. Can anyone validate that?

I just got into the queue doing that, but then kicked after 5 minutes with the same "Server Full" message. B

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:13 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

I'm about as pissed off with this game as it gets. Knowing there are probably hundreds of people just AFK while they are at work while Im trying to log in. Its just fucking stupid.

SE put a god damn idle kick into the game.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:50 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Idle kick would be nice, even if it pissed off the others in the shell who are idling. I've been trying to get in for the past hour a half now, gotten into queue twice, and then gotten kicked out for the server being full.

I've, at this point, just citrixed into my work computer and am getting shit set up for tomorrow, because fuck S-E. lol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:46 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Son of a donkey punch...I got booted zoning in Limsa Liminsa and haven't been able to get back in for the last 40 minutes. This is God's way of punishing me for being an AFK asshole at work all day.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:48 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Iolanthe wrote:
Son of a donkey punch...I got booted zoning in Limsa Liminsa and haven't been able to get back in for the last 40 minutes. This is God's way of punishing me for being an AFK asshole at work all day.

Same here it sucks I wonder wtf they are going to do when the game launches tomorrow for the non legacy, non pre-order people.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:13 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Sadly this problem will be around for a while. It will probably be even worse today.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:56 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

This is how SE makes you love the game, they take it away!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:12 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

So the latest news is that the overflow from locked-out NA/EU players has spilled into JP servers, causing JPs to get these same errors we were getting. Now that the JPs are affected, Square has announced plans to acquire additional server space.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:19 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

seriously? go figure...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:22 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Whisp wrote:
So the latest news is that the overflow from locked-out NA/EU players has spilled into JP servers, causing JPs to get these same errors we were getting. Now that the JPs are affected, Square has announced plans to acquire additional server space.

Acquire additional server space for the Japanese data center.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:25 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Hmm, that's a great idea. Lets start over for 2 weeks and spam JP servers until they build us more servers!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:39 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

Ketrebu wrote:
Whisp wrote:

Acquire additional server space for the Japanese data center.

thats not what i heard. i heard its for all of us. but i dont have the link right now.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:54 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

There's at least two threads on the SE forums with people angry about it, lol.

Quote:
Regarding Congestion in Japan Data Center Worlds (Aug. 27)

Thank you very much for playing FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Currently, an extremely high number of players are enjoying the game. Should the number of players continue to increase at the current pace, there is the possibility that our expectations and server capacity will be greatly surpassed. Therefore, in order to maintain a stable gameplay environment, we are implementing login and character creation restrictions.

In order to be able to welcome a drastically greater number of players, we are starting as early as this week with preparations to increase our facilities, to be ready by early next week. Until that time, we will be continuing to implement these restrictions as required, and we ask for your understanding and patience.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and once again thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.

It doesn't say anywhere that it includes both data centers. The only mention of any region is the fact that the title specifically mentions the Japan worlds, which sets the context of the notice.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:40 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Game crashed to desktop after teleporting and now I'm locked out, fucking game.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:04 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yep I read that...they only mentioned JPN data centers. No NA or EU mention which is bullshit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:29 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Quote:
08/28/2013 Announcing Server Enhancements and the Temporary Suspension of Digital Download Sales (08/28/2013)
We would like to thank you for your continued support of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Since the start of early access on Saturday, August 24th, an enormous amount of users have been logging in to the game. As such, the number of users logging in has been increasing at a rate that is much higher than what we had originally anticipated. To ensure that we maintain a quality level of service for everyone, we have been setting restrictions on both the creation of characters as well as adjusting the number of users that are able to log in. We are well aware that these restrictions are a source of frustration for our users who are waiting to play.

To address this matter, we are currently working on introducing new Worlds and enhancing the performance of the login and match making processes on both the Japanese and North American & European data centers. This operation is expected to be completed at the beginning of next week.

Until this operation is complete, we would like to prioritize the quality of service for those who have already purchased the game. Therefore, we are temporarily suspending the sale of the digital download versions of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. Once the operation has been completed, the sale of the digital download version will resume.

While the operation is in progress, we will continue to apply restrictions on both the creation of characters and the ability to log into the game. Throughout this time, we will be offering constant updates on the progress of the operation.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this causes our users and humbly request your understanding.

Looks like NA/EU is included now. Hopefully they will offer world transfers, too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion