It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Macros!!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:30 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

krellis was interested in what I used for macros so here we go.
First up is my "Spam DPS" key I use this for everything except AoE, straight shot and applying DoTs. it automatically does my highest priority attacks on cooldown
Code:
/macroicon "bloodletter"
/ac "Misery's End"
/ac "Bloodletter"
/ac "Heavy Shot"

Then I have a macro for my DPS cooldowns. all these are off the main gcd. so I tend to spam this while pressing straight shot/dots or non macro'd heavy shot. obviously if you have other dps cooldowns add them
Code:
/macroicon "Raging Strikes"
/ac "Hawk's Eye" <me>
/ac "Raging Strikes" <me>
/ac "Internal Release" <me>
/ac "Barrage" <me>

And for my Defensive cooldowns its a similar thing
Code:
/macroicon "featherfoot"
/ac "Featherfoot"
/ac "Keen Flurry"

For Chimera Interrupts. Obviously add whatever party chat text you deem necessary.
Code:
/macroicon "Blunt arrow"
/ac "Blunt Arrow"
/p Blunt Arrow used <se.10>

Last edited by Vurin on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Macros!!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:40 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Cool BRD is the only dps i've really played in ARR (though I'm not good at it) .

I'll steal some of these macros for myself!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:36 am 
Even Match
Even Match

Thanks dude!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:08 pm 
DL Hughley

Still trying to figure out how to make a god damn assist macro. I can't find a list of slash commands anywhere in the game.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:26 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

There's a couple ways to assist via macro
/as ( or /assist) Is your basic assist function and you can use stuff like the player's name a symbol, or focus to set who your assist is if you don't want to target them)
you can also use <tt> as the target modifier on a macro to have it "target of target" which is solid for healers who want to cast dot's/debuffs/nukes without untargeting the tank/party. ex. /ac "Stone" <tt>

Also failed commands don't stop a macro so you can layer several versions of the same spell in one macro until it gets one that works ( turn off error messages in your log if you do this though)

So for example you could have something like
/ac "Thunder" <attack1>
/ac "thunder <tt>
/ac "thunder <attack2>
/ac "Thunder <t>

Such a macro would first try and cast thunder on the target marked with 1, then your target's target, then the target marked with a 2, and finally just cast it on your target. Perhaps not the most exciting example but with some tweaking it'd be good for macros that you normally use on focus targets, assist with or w/e but still want to just cast on your target when you don't have those things setup.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:08 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

I'd like to add to this thread that the "Mouse over" <mo> target placeholder is awesome if you play with both keyboard and mouse.

While tanking, you normally have to untarget the mob you're tanking if you want to do anything else to someone in the party, such as healing them or using cover on them; there's no "subtarget" feature for this. Changing targets to cast cure on somebody else and then having to re-target your original mob while you're trying to DPS and tank it is silly and annoying.

To get around this, you can use a <mo> macro. What this does is use the ability you just pressed on whatever's under your mouse cursor. So hover your mouse over a person, or even hover over their name on the party list, and then hit your hotkey. You'll cure them without having to change target.

Code:
/macroicon "Cure"
/ac "Cure" <mo>

You can rework this for a Cover style macro too, since it'd be easier to quickly use Cover on somebody than trying to select them, use it, and then re-target your original monster. This is easier than using <tt> too since you might need to cover someone from an enemy different than the one you were actually tanking.

Code:
/macroicon "Cover"
/ac "Cover" <mo>

Of course, as the rest of this thread illustrates, you could also stack these to make the button multi-purpose.

Code:
/macroicon "Cover"
/ac "Provoke" <mo>
/ac "Cover" <mo>
/ac "Provoke" <tt>
/ac "Cover" <tt>
/ac "Provoke" <t>
/ac "Cover" <t>

That would:

- Use provoke on your mouse over target, if you're hovering over the enemy list or a monster.
- Use cover on your mouse over target, if you're hovering over the party list or a party member.
- If you're not hovering over anything, it will use provoke on your current monster's target instead.
- If provoke isn't up, it will use Cover on your current monster's target instead.
- If neither of these work, it will try to use Provoke on your current target in case you already targeted the monster yourself.
- Finally, if that doesn't work, it will use Cover on your current target, in case you already targeted the party member yourself.

Clever stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:23 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

that's pretty damn cool.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:32 pm 
DL Hughley

Dumb question. In terms of assigning the assist to a specific character, does this game have a <p1> type feature for party order or would the macro need to be adjusted name by name a la

/as Cristhian Enforcer

I need to do more screwing around. It seems there's a greater gap in ui functionality between PC and PS for 14 compared to 11.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:49 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

It does. It's now just <1> and <2> etc.

<1> is always yourself since you're always at the top of the list.

/ac "Cure" <2>

EDIT: You can also use people's names, but you have to include quotes.

/ac "Cure" "Ket Solais"

EDIT2: Don't forget you can also re-order the party list now. From the Social Menu > Party Tab. There are two arrows in the bottom left corner of the window/tab, those move people up and down the list.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:09 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

The amount of useful information in this thread is blowing my mind omg. You guys rock. I haven't been using macros at all and I plan on changing that ASAP.

Ketrebu wrote:
EDIT2: Don't forget you can also re-order the party list now. From the Social Menu > Party Tab. There are two arrows in the bottom left corner of the window/tab, those move people up and down the list.

Thanks!!!! I only think about doing that when I'm in a party fighting something, so I never took the time to sit down and figure it out.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:59 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

I made this a sticky thread. Lots of good information

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:12 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

How about a macro for marking mobs :) do you ugys use mouse over for that? during dungeons my mouse is all over the place...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:47 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

if you want a macro that does something other than mark you current target perhaps something like
Code:
/marking attack1 <mo>
/wait 1
/marking attack2 <mo>

what this would do is mark your mouse over target with the 1 and then 1 second later mark your current (and possibly different)mo target with a 2
activating any other macro ( but you can activate regular buttons) will cancel the wait and later portions. Not sure how responsive Mouse over is for enemies but there you go.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:52 pm 
The Original Dark Knight™
The Original Dark Knight™

There are mouse over macros in the game?! Sold.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:36 am 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

These are some good Crafting macros I have used. But its best to get a feel for what your doing before using these. You will have to adjust them for different difficult recipes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:24 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Is there <st> anymore? and <stpc> and <stnpc> for that matter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:28 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Nope, afraid not. I never quite understood their reasoning, but it's gone. The only people it really inconveniences are probably healers though. I figured it'd be a pain in the ass for tanks, but tanks rarely need to cast anything on anybody else during combat now that Holy Succor is gone.

There are some other things you can do. <mo> (Mouse Over) is a handy one, it'll cast on whatever your mouse cursor is hovering over when you hit a hotkey, but I know you refuse to use mouse so that's no good.

An alternative could be using the last target macro. Target a person with F1-F8, hit your macro, and it'll cast your spell and then re-target your last target/enemy.

/ac "Cure" <t>
/targetlasttarget

Or:

/ac "Cure" <t>
/targetlastenemy

You can also use focus targets. Pressing "Shift+F" will lock your current target's HP bar onto your screen, even if you change target to something else. You can then make macros that use <ft> to cast things on your focus target.

/ac "Cure" <ft>

You can also make a multi-purpose macro button by putting a bunch of lines like this:

/ac Cure <mo>
/ac Cure <t>
/ac Cure <tt>
/ac Cure <me>

That will cast cure on the person you're hovering your mouse over (you can also hover over their name in the party list). If you're not hovering over anyone, it'll cast cure on your current target. If you can't cast cure on your current target (because it's a monster) then it'll cast cure on the person that monster is attacking. If all of those conditions fail, it'll cast cure on yourself.

The other thing you can do is use the gamepad targeting mode, normally bound to the numpad. You've messed up all your keybinds I think you said so lord knows what they are now. But normally you can hit the numpad left/right to cycle enemies and up/down to cycle party members. When you do this you get a sub-target like selection cursor, but you do it before selecting the ability, rather than after.

Someone else might be able to give you a few more tips. I'm actually not a macro heavy person.

EDIT: Oh, and always make the very first line of the macro be: /macroicon "Cure". That makes it show the correct MP cost/recast time/etc on the macro button.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:48 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Yeah i made my numpad movement, my left and right arrows cycle through enemies, and some other crap I don't even remember to make it play more like xi/1.0. Why is there not <st> no more? =\ it's how I've always healed and done crowed control all the way since xi, I hope they bring it back. I guess I could use focus target instead on the mob and just end cure or w/e macro with /ta <ft> to go back to the boss. Why don't they just bring back sub targetting though, it's useful.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:54 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

One warning on mouseover macro behavior:

If Player A is who you want to heal, but Player B's character model is under Player A's party frame, and you trigger the macro hovering over Player A's party frame, then Player B gets healed.

So looks like the game checks first for drawn models, and if it fails, it then checks to see if the mouse is over a party member's frame instead.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:47 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

Ohhh The macro for bard is win!
Thanks!

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion