It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Level 50... NOW IT BEGINS
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:42 am 
The Original Dark Knight™
The Original Dark Knight™

So I finally hit level 50 last night and decided it was about time to start looking up what the hell I do now. Since real FFXIV sites are not yet as extensive as the ones some of us may be used to for WoW, I figured I would share what I found with other fresh or soon-to-be 50's.
Don't clear your rank 3 Grand Company hunting log!
As of right now the highest rank possible for you in a grand company is a Second Insert GC Here Lieutenant. That means that you will be accumulating Company Seals without any dump!. Once more content is released, or we figure out a way to unlock the next rank, completing your rank 3 GC log will give you a huge boost of seals (around 14k). That means you will be able to enjoy the benefits of higher ranks FASTER.
Level a secondary profession!
As of right now, the best weapons in the game are the relic weapons offered by the quest you get when you defeat Ifrit (Hard). We need people to work on their professions because one of the requirements of the quest is to craft some kind of class-unique weapon. I have noticed that we will be needing blacksmiths and goldsmiths, but perhaps a few more. Don't be lazy!
Gear up!
There are a few different ways that you can gear up at the moment:
1) You can spam The Praetorium and Castrum Meridianum 8 man raids. This will give you Allagn Tomestones of Philosophy, which you can trade in for gear at Revenant's Toll (Mor Dhona). The vendor's name is Auriana and she is right next to the big Aetheryte.
EDIT: Note that I forgot to mention that The Praetorium and Castrum Meridianum do not drop any loot aside from the 100 Tomestones of Philosophy. However, they are MUCH easier than Amdapor Keep, which at first may seem like the most viable farming option. (Credit to thesircuddles).
2) Amdapor Keep and The Wanderer's Palace. These 2 dungeons are great because they offer you high-end gear AND Tomestones of Philosophy and Mythology. Amdapor Keep offers more Tomestones and is also a lot harder (80 Philosophy and 40 Mythology for each full clear of Amdapor Keep).
3) Go and do Ifrit Hardmode. He drops item level 60 blue weapons for every job. Try to grab yours as fast as possible. Once you do have it, beating him again is quite useless since you only get a few tomes (so you are far better off clearing dungeons or raids).
4) If you've reached the rank of Second Lieutenant with your respective Grand Company, you may purchase a level 50 weapon for around 7000 seals. This will be a very good starting point to do Ifrit Hardmode with, or just improve you for dungeons and raids.

To be honest, I'm glad I'm playing with you all since I can see this being an extremely overwhelming game to enter endgame content with when you are playing mostly solo for your first class. I am planning on leveling miner, then blacksmith/armorsmith... though I'm not 100% sure yet. Haha.

If anyone has some tips or suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Level 50... NOW IT BEGINS
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:45 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

I was actually thinking of writing a "What the hell do I do next" guide, since we've got lots of first timers in the group. Maybe I'll do that today while most people are asleep.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:56 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

I think your priorities would be: gearing up, getting your subskills, making some gil, and leveling one DoH with one DoH. For gearing up, certainly Amdapor Keep and Ifrit are great, but also just ask me or someone to hook you up with some good HQ jewelry. Subskills are from marauder and conjurer. As for making gil it's probably pretty tough right now. I'd say if you wanna do miner and blacksmith/armorer, which are fine choices, make money by finding some in-demand low level things to mine up and just sell the mats on the AH. I'd first figure out what you can gather and then check the AH buyers' history to determine if anything is profitable. HQ rock salt comes to mind for low levels but I dunno if it's still pricey.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:10 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

One tip for making money with crafting, make note of the HQ items needed to do the guild quests and come back to them later when you can HQ them 50-100% of the time. There are plenty of 1.0 people on our server who started arr with hundreds of thousands to millions of gil who would sooner just buy the item on AH than craft it themselves.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion