It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Well I seem to be boned
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:48 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

I cannot pay for the game apparently so I can't log on. When trying to log in it says that I've not got a valid or active service account. So I log into Mog Station with my info and it gives me my pay options and blah blah..but then this Global Connect whatever thing they use won't let me pay. Says Error 601. I read some ppl get this and I tried to bypass it with anything I read worked such as VPN (tried didn't work) and an apps global blah blah options in Firefox, (didn't work) and then I tried the best thing possible: I called my grandmother, just in case it was wanting the ZIP CODE to match up...had her log me in, use my info, use my CC info, and still got error 601.

I use a security key so I hope they don't lock my account for trying to many times (they warn they do)but I've received no emails from SE so *shrug*

Everyone says don't even bother with the support, they take forever and can't help you.

Post subject: Re: Well I seem to be boned
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:02 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Madi, that stinks :( I hope you get it resolved soon.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:07 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

It's possible it's your bank. You should contact them and ask if any requests for payment on your card/account are reaching their system. They may be blocking them automatically. Had this kind of thing before, have to call the bank and let them know it's a legitimate payment and they'll add it to some kind of exception list for you.

Dunno if it still works, but I recall a work around back on the old 1.0 management system was to buy crysta with some other payment method (ultimate pay?) and then you'd get an option to use PayPal, which in itself will then accept credit cards. Something like that anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:11 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

working to try ultimapay atm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:06 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

I'm having this issue with Ashley's account too Madi, not sure why. We are all set up on my CC and did this weeks ago, for some reason she got the confirmation everything was set up, and now she got an email saying it failed. I went through trying to fix it, even tried different CC's, and it gives me the 401/601 error. I submitted a ticket...do you know of a phone # I can call? I couldn't find one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:42 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

update: called my bank, they said nothing has tried to access my CC meaning it never even went through on SE's side. Ultimate pay didn't work, for both my CC and a family member's CC when tried from the states via my very helpful grandmother lol when I relayed instructions to her. I also had my mom check the gamestop in the states for a game card and the guy looked it up and said they've not made them yet apparently..?

So basically one of two things has happened I think. 1. SE has banned my account for trying to play/pay from Taiwan but not told me about it anywhere, or 2. their system is fucked atm.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:48 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

There is a big thread on the forums about it so It's giving me hope that atleast they might not be banning Taiwan IP and it's just a retarded bug on their end

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:53 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

btw Murph is toka's account a CE 1.0 and nothing else attached to it? It seems this problem is restricted to mostly that group

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:58 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Was actually my buddy pass from the CE 1.0. I thought the buddy pass part might have caused the issue, it won't even let me upgrade to the digital CE version, gives me the same 401/601 error.

What I don't get is why sometimes it tells me there is no service account or character, and then if I log back in it's there.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:02 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I got an e-mail saying that payment has failed on my account. haha. No clue. I didn't bring my token with me to work, so I'll have to wait until I get home to see why.

I may have entered my billing information on the wrong S-E account, or something. Hard to tell when you have like 8 different sites with logins all bound to one game.

Classic S-E

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:20 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Called Kitty to get my secure token number. Error 601 when I try to pay by CC. Error 401 when I try to pay by debit card. Hmm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:23 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Thank god, that confirms that my account isn't banned. Atleast you fuckers have this too <3 XD along with 18 pages of other people on forums atm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:49 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I can't use the S-E sites at work, and by the time I get home, I doubt I'll be able to get through to someone before the close the queues for the day. I'm honestly not sure how I'll be able to get this resolve, short of taking a day off from work, and I can't do that until next week at the earliest, since we are short staffed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:51 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

You'd think the one thing they'd want to get right is the taking of people's money. I am willing to give them 6 months of payments for their lame 2 hour AK run BS that is FF14 end-game. But they don't want to even take it. haha.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:54 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Mine worked! Hope you guys get sorted out. That's not cool. :(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:13 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

what a fucking nightmare...

on hold. place closes in 2 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:56 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

FYI, the game cards you want to buy(until the official XIV game cards come out) are called "Ultimate Game Cards" They're red and have a face with flames for hair. Most places sell them for $20-$50. You can get them at gas stations, grocery stores, GameStop, pretty much any place that carries gift cards for multiple retailers.

Redeem those for Crysta and you're golden.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:00 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I was actually going to update this thread with that information.

That's what I ended up buying yesterday, while still on hold with S-E support. haha.

It's worth pointing out, just as a warning to everyone... While the S-E representative did not seem 100% certain, one of my two accounts was billed successfully, and the other was flagged as malicious card activity. So if you plan on paying more than one account with the same CC, you may have this happen to you. He said you may want to stagger the day on which the accounts are billed.

Also, every time you fail making a payment on your account, it doubles the amount of days you're locked out from attempting to set up payment with a credit card. 1 day ban, then 2, then 4, then 8, up to 90 days.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:55 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Yep I got a 10 day ish ban then, but my wonderful grandma is on her way to buy me that gamecard right as we speak, and if it won't let me load it into the mog station, you can call PlaySpan to force it in.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:56 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

I'd love to give whoever decided this at SE a big fat punch in the face right now ^^

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:00 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Madi, pretty sure I had my CC banned for X amount of days, or whatever. But I went into the secure s-e account site to add the crysta. And I did so with that game card, and it seemed to work just fine. Then when I logged back into Mog Central, it had my crysta balance in there.

I'm glad your g-ma is doing that, though. I felt bad for you. haha. I was going to offer to pick you up a $25 card.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:05 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Ty Rid <3 hehe But yeah I was suspected shit like this from SE so I have plenty of options to deal with it, Grammy being my secret weapon! hahaha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:07 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

While I shouldn't be surprised, I am a tiny bit surprised that S-E couldn't even at least figure out how to get their system to take people's money right. haha.

2 hour AK queues, okay... 90k'ing people for weeks, whatever. All that can be chalked up to just poor planning, or MMO growing pains. But from a stockholders standpoint... Get your effing billing system right. That's the revenue generator.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:32 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

This whole thing is a giant pain in the ass, all I want to do is give them 6 months of service, I can't even add crysta, I can't find a # to call, the email and chat support do nothing for 3 days now...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:33 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

The weird thing is, half the time I go to the payment area it tells me no character even exists...which makes me think there is other issues going on all together.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion