It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:17 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Treasure Hunting
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:33 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Okay!

So, we did a peisteskin leather map yesterday (I think), and the reward was pretty decent.

250 Earth Shards
20k Gil divided by the amount of people in the party
8 Cokes
4 HQ Hippo Leathers
4 Of some sort of Lense, I keep forgetting the name.
15 Myth
May be some other things I forgot.

That's quite a decent haul for something that took all of like 5 minutes to kill. Probably less, really.

So Dead Legend created a treasure hunting LS, and I think Treasure Hunting parties should totally be a thing. As far as i'm aware, you can get a new map every 18 hours, but you can decipher/use as many maps as you have in your inventory. So I'm just throwing out the idea of us forming parties of 4-8, where we all gather every now and then and blow through our entire stock of Peisteskin Maps.

As long as everyone in the party supplies an equal number of maps (Everyone brings one, everyone brings 2, etc), each person in the party will end up with 20K + spoils for each map. There's a potential for a decent amount of gil here. At least for sure we can hit the magical "20k/day" that Yoshi claimed was reachable in 2.1.

Some tips for gathering the Peisteskin maps. They're from level 50 nodes, but not unspoiled nodes. They are random, you may see Boar and Toad maps also appear. Don't harvest them. Just grab some shards, or some other item, and move on. Eventually a Peisteskin map will show up.

Peisteskin maps also are the ones that can drop Minions. People have claimed gotten both the Tonberry and Bluebird minions from them. So there's that.

Remember, you can get one map every 18 hours. So every few days, we should gather together and hammer these out. Party size can be however big/small we want, as long as each person in the party provides the same amount of Peisteskin maps. This will ensure we always get 20k gil for each of our maps.

$.$

Post subject: Re: Treasure Hunting
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:13 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

EDIT: Disregard, re-read, you didn't get 20k each, you said 20k split, blah. That makes my 5k gil sound like more, hmm. You got a hell of a lot more stuff you can AH though, would probably still add up if you sold it.

ORIGINAL:

I did a piesteskin map last night too and the outcome was a lot lot crappier. About 5k each, a few potions, and a single Chinchilla Hide. Don't expect to be littered with loot every time.

However, if you were to assume 8 people turned up all with a piesteskin map each and you got 20k each every time, you collectively earn ~1.2 million gil per night. And that's just with 8 people.

Anything that makes gil for the housing fund has my approval! /thumbsup

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:27 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Peisteskin only from unspoiled nodes?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:33 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

No, only normal Level 50 nodes.

If a map appears and it's NOT a Piesteskin, then ignore it, do not mine/gather it. Another (perhaps Piesteskin) map will appear after you mine a few more nodes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:43 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yah, just from a gil standpoint, I guess it's not terrible. A bit of a shame the reward was not as good all around. I'm sure the philo items are going to be laughably cheap here in a bit, but I'm just trying to think of ways for us to try and hit that magical 20k/night on average.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they bite the bullet again and mention a reduction of prices, above and beyond the group 3 change thing happening in 3 months. So the more gil we have ready up-front, the better.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:06 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

They said that if they reduce the price of server group 3, groups 4 and 5 (that are getting set to group 3 eventually) will also inherit the cheaper prices.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:08 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yah. I checked the wards a few times yesterday, and at least if the price listings on the teleporters from the main towns are any indication, I did not see any houses purchased yet. I'm sure everyone is saving their gil. haha

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:23 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I think I'll probably work on getting botanist or miner up to 50 on Saturday in between doing other new stuff. I think this sounds like a fun way to raise some money for the house.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:23 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Add me to list of treasure hunters -- I'll pop on my botanist to get those maps daily

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:35 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

So a few things,

That chest I described in the initial post existed, but it was apparently a "rare" one.

Gil is not split. If you get 5k from the chest with 3 people, you'd still have gotten the 5k from the chest with 8 people. So more the merrier. From a gil standpoint, it's better to have as many members as possible. Myth is also a set amount per person, no matter who is in there.

A lot of the crafting mats that drop are used for the rare NM furniture. Chinchilla Skin? What crap is this?! Well, that crap is apparently selling for 40k right now. Those Frosted lenses were used on that bad-ass ADS chandelier. These prices will, of course, tank.

The difficulty of the maps is also way different. One of the ones I did yesterda (Toki's map), we had a full party of 8, and the Peistemap was just a single basilisk. I did another two maps with DL and Ath, and we had a Chimera + 6 adds.

So definitely bring as many people as you can. Seems like at the worst-case scenario, if you can get a party of 8 together, the lowest gil you will get for a peiste map is 1.6k, clocking you in at around 13k gil a map. Not great, but it's decent.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:19 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

chinchilla skin :( :( :(

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:37 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Kioko wrote:
chinchilla skin :( :( :(

But it's used to make an awesome behemoth wall mount decoration, Kio!

A noble cause, if ever there was one.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:56 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

I got 4k on the one i did, i think it was a goatskin map. i got like 4 level 44 mobs to kill (1-1-2 order) wasnt too tough.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:11 pm 
DL Hughley

Anyway. You can gather one map every 18 hours and maps have unique status so you can only hold one of each type (one peisteskin). However you can immediately decipher it into a key item and gather another bottled map 18 hours later. You can store that map on a retainer and get another 18 hours later, store that on a retainer and gather one more in 18 hours.

Anyway, you can also gather Peiste maps fishing. They spawn EXCLUSIVELY in these three holes:

Lake Tahtotl, Parata's Peace, and the North Shards

Conker fished one up today in about 10 minutes at a hole in Mor Dhona and the map was plucked on a Silverfish mooch.

Anyway, anyway, anyway.

If you are interested in providing maps on a regular hunt up basis for 4-8 member parties let me know and I'll invite to Chain Gang. From what we've seen it may be wise to strictly pop in 8 member parties as it may increase rewards but any number of those 8 can be chocobos.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:44 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

We should always drag along as many people as possible, even if they don't have maps. The reason is a map is set to reward a certain amount of gil per person (Let's say 1.6k). So if 3 people do it, and it's difficult, those three people get 1.6k a piece. If 8 people do it, it makes it way easy, and 8 people get 1.6k

Unlike initial guesses, it's not just 13k divided by whoever helps. So there's really no reason to not bring along as many people as you can, unless there ends up being greedy rolls on the loot. That's another topic entirely.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:21 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Omg! Maybe we should use some treasure map rewards to help fund our house? It's kind of a fun way for us to all participate?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:57 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

So far, I think that's the most likely scenario. If we form a party of 8, each map we do is 13k gil, and 40k gil if we get a rare chest (Only seen one so far).

We could then just let the material drops be Needed by the person who spawns the map, and greeded by everyone else (in case the spawner doesn't care and passes/greeds). Some of those items are used on vanity gear/high-end furniture, so there will eventually a market for them at some point. But probably not huge sellers.

The random drops/myth would hopefully be enough incentive to have people fork over the 1.6k gil they get per map, but you never know.

1600 gil x 8 players x 8 maps x 7 days = 716,800 gil a week generated from peiste maps from 8 players.

And we have quite a few more than just 8 players that can produce these maps. It is an interesting idea.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:38 am 
DL Hughley

Rewards do appear to be random, in terms of rare chest/regular chest. We've spawned several of the alpha basilisk and seen the 5 myth/1692 box and the 15 myth/5k box from him. Along with others. So eh.

I have had terrific luck fishing peisteskins up at the ixali logging grounds in north shroud.

Refresher:

1: You can only gather one map every 18 hours (invisible cooldown on your character, not on the server)
2: You can only hold one of any given map, they have unique status
3: You can have one deciphered map at a time (You can have one deciphered "treasure" map key item and one bottled "Timeworn" map regular item)
4: You can store or sell bottled timeworn maps.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion