It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:56 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Turn 2 Enrage is Officially Not an Exploit
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:25 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1up81d/turn_2_enrage_method_officially_not_an_exploit/

Found this on reddit. I don't think I can get the full URL of the link, but in the reddit post is a link to the square forums. Looks like it's safe to use this strategy. haha.

As people pointed out, though, the Dark Devices fate was also "working as intended" and somehow got patched accidentally that they still have yet to fix. So take that as you will. I really think it's probably only Team 4/8 that currently does this, as we gotta pick up half of our team from pugs every week.

I would not bet on this strategy being around forever, so we may want to go back to making sure we can actuall do regular turn 2 mechanics at some point.

Post subject: Re: Turn 2 Enrage is Officiall Not an Exploit
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:10 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

I kinda want to try this one day, but it seems like it would take too long.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:15 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

If you can beat turn 2 without any problems, it's a tremendous waste of time. You sit around for like 6 clicks, and then you go in there and just do your max dps rotations. It's not all that great. But it's a win.

Problem is we now have a bunch of lower-tier players who have now saturated the turn 4 candidate pool. So 2 months ago, when someone was asking to join a group for turn 4, you had some assurance that they were decent. That is no longer the case.

There's also gonna be a lot of teams that can clear turn 4, but end up wiping on turn 2, if they do ever fix this, since Turn 4 is basically just a gear/dps rotation check. So you can outgear it pretty easily.

All reasons to not cheese turn 2. But then again, if half of your group is comprised of random people you find in wineport, and you don't have the luxury of 8 people with vent/microphones, or whatever, you gotta do what you gotta do.

I do see it getting "accidentally bugged" in the future, however. Since they can't fix something that's not an exploit, like Dark Devices.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:19 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Ridere wrote:
Problem is we now have a bunch of lower-tier players who have now saturated the turn 4 candidate pool. So 2 months ago, when someone was asking to join a group for turn 4, you had some assurance that they were decent. That is no longer the case.

There's also gonna be a lot of teams that can clear turn 4, but end up wiping on turn 2, if they do ever fix this, since Turn 4 is basically just a gear/dps rotation check. So you can outgear it pretty easily.

Thats a really good point. Id like to get some more people trained up. You guys should get Redbeard (BLM) to join your group. He's been filling in for Aldy and Cris the last few runs and hes done really really well. I just dont know if another BLM would fit in your group.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:22 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I've only cheesed turn 2 once, and I felt dirty lol.

It is nice for those days when people are team 4/8 and need to fill spots. Or desperation after several hours of wiping to turn 2 and wanting to move along. However I still believe people don't belong in turn 4 if they can't beat turn 2.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:28 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

At this point, I think we'll do whatever it takes to get a team together that can just play. We've had two weeks of gearing up randoms in our team 4/8. haha. A few drops here and there four us, but for the most part, it's the people joining from outside the FC that we're gearing up. And that doesnt' benefit CKD at all.

However, Turn 4 with a 3/4 magic dps party would be tough, though, given Knight mechanics.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:34 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Damn that sounds annoying :( I'm sorry to hear that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:37 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I have been thinking about gearing up a healer next, so I could maybe change from DPS to healing, or something. But there's still two allagan pieces I want to be BiS on SMN. But I could just not be BiS, I guess. I'm sure the difference between a BiS SMN vs a SMN with all i90, but two pieces not BiS is probably not all that noticable.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:50 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I had the mentality I would rather be all ilvl90 sooner than later, and just wait for BiS. If they come, great, if not, oh well. I think it's better to gear up with AF+1 and heros instead of waiting in ilvl 70 gear hoping for the low chance you get the drops you want in coil. I'm sure the differences of BiS or not is minimal when you are already full ilvl90.

I know I was in the minority there though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:15 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I'd say a lot agree with you, Klu. As long as you're hitting your accuracy cap, I think the difference between a full BiS i90 and a full mixed i90 is pretty low.

I think someone said the difference between PLD BiS and non-BiS amounted to something like 5% extra Parry. And when some bosses (Ultima) completely ignore it, then I guess it's not game-breaking. All the vit and extra stats are probably more than enough.

I think the problem that people have (myself included) is that if you're currently clearing Turn 2, why would you buy the Myth item instead of just waiting for it to drop. I ended up just buying my Turn 2 boots, even though they're not BiS, because I wanted the ACC for turn 4.

So now I'm sitting on an i70 belt, and that's it. Allagan belt is BiS for SMN and is a turn 4 drop. So I could just drop the myth and be full i90, but have two pieces not be BiS, or I could channel that myth into WHM, or SCH instead.

For as many healers as we got relics in those first few weeks of the game, we seem to have a noticable shortage of them for coil content. So may be the switch would be for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:28 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Kluya wrote:
I had the mentality I would rather be all ilvl90 sooner than later, and just wait for BiS. If they come, great, if not, oh well. I think it's better to gear up with AF+1 and heros instead of waiting in ilvl 70 gear hoping for the low chance you get the drops you want in coil. I'm sure the differences of BiS or not is minimal when you are already full ilvl90.

I know I was in the minority there though.

I just finally cracked and got the AF+1 hands and circlet last night. I kept telling myself to hold out and wait for the coil drops. Then I was doing HM Primals with Ath last night and noticed she didnt even have some of the BiS coil drops and she's done twice the coil I have. Also, I hit 1,200 myth and AF+1 helps a lot more than a higher myth count.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:20 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Ya fuck coil haha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:37 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Athel wrote:
Ya fuck coil haha

lololol Ath youre my hero.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:49 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

haha, it's so true, though.

I hate how segmented the end-game makes free companies. I remember basically all of CKD heading up to Sky for events. Even if we had a bunch of people sitting on the sidelines, they were there for moral support, or they were heading up the MP refresh parties, or just the 6 whms all cure 1 bombing the MT, or something. haha.

Coil is such a disappointment in that regards. We got 3 teams of 8 doing coil. One team of 4. None of which can help each other, short of just giving advice. No real large-scale teamwork. And we have the entire rest of the FC that may be wanting to do try it out, but just not having a home.

We can't do coil training parties, due to lock outs, so those inexperienced will remain as such, unless they pug it with other people, or they wait around for a group of 8 people in the FC to finally rally together and team up (This isn't entirely S-E's fault, as apathy probably plays a bit of a role in this particular issue, too).

Either way, it's a disappointment. I hope it changes for the long run, or it's basically just gonna be FFXIV: Party of Eight.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:31 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Yarr wrote:
Athel wrote:
Ya fuck coil haha

lololol Ath youre my hero.

Yes I know. Where's my cape?!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:58 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Ridere wrote:
haha, it's so true, though.

I hate how segmented the end-game makes free companies. I remember basically all of CKD heading up to Sky for events. Even if we had a bunch of people sitting on the sidelines, they were there for moral support, or they were heading up the MP refresh parties, or just the 6 whms all cure 1 bombing the MT, or something. haha.

Coil is such a disappointment in that regards. We got 3 teams of 8 doing coil. One team of 4. None of which can help each other, short of just giving advice. No real large-scale teamwork. And we have the entire rest of the FC that may be wanting to do try it out, but just not having a home.

We can't do coil training parties, due to lock outs, so those inexperienced will remain as such, unless they pug it with other people, or they wait around for a group of 8 people in the FC to finally rally together and team up (This isn't entirely S-E's fault, as apathy probably plays a bit of a role in this particular issue, too).

Either way, it's a disappointment. I hope it changes for the long run, or it's basically just gonna be FFXIV: Party of Eight.

Well said, that's my main gripe about this game.

1.0 was fun for larger-scale LS events before they disabled the alliance fights. Although those fights weren't anything special...like Uraeus haha.

Post subject: Re: Turn 2 Enrage is Officially Not an Exploit
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:55 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

the worst part is what they did with CT, heres a chance to have a giant FC party and they go ahead and not let you run parties of 24. wtf.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:22 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yeah CT would be so much better with a full FC alliance. I hope they change that soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:42 am 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

I hate fighting over my drg CT gear with a bunch of nobodies. would rather fight over it with a bunch of CKD peeps :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:47 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yah, I got my tank chest piece on my second CT run this week. I was actually thinking it was going to be very hard, since the pool of unobtained tank pieces was starting to dry up. Next week are the tank shoes. We'll see how that goes. haha.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion