It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:04 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Nudge SE into increasing furniture limit
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:50 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

It's worth a shot but perhaps if more people "like" or reply to this thread it'll warrant a response.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/136842-200-Items-on-Large-Houses-is-too-little.

Post subject: Re: Nudge SE into increasing furniture limit
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:22 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

So, Kio!

I was thinking, since we're going to be getting FC rooms in 2.3, if we should think about re-doing some of our living space in the house. We currently have 4 bedrooms. I'm not sure exactly how the FC room system is going to work, but it has the potential to allow us to free up a lot of items to maybe spruce up some of our bigger rooms and have them more multi-purpose.

I still wish that we had a higher item count, though. ](*,)

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:23 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

depends i guess if the personal rooms allow us to take furniture thats already been laid in the house. id rather wait for the live letter before dismantling anything but no harm in just thinking up potential designs. i kind of wanted to change things around to keep it fresh also.
two things that somewhat dismay me though: no one really uses the interior space...ever. even for the things people begged for like the hot tub. and secondly, no one really seems concerned with obtaining furniture. now the later may be an issue with the limit though.
i wish the community would push more for the limit increase. the las official statement from yoshi wasnt that he couldnt do it (as in its nkt a technical issue) but that he doesnt want larger fcs to be able to put like all of the crafting tables in there and be an "advantage" over a smaller fc. its such hogwash though makes me mad

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:51 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Sounded to me like the "FC room housing" is essentially like an instanced inn room for everybody, except everybody can place their own furniture wherever they want in it. With the ability to go into other people's rooms if you set them to be open.

Also, bound furniture can seemingly still be moved between people using the FC chest, so I've been wondering if people can make use of all that spare stuff (like 3 tabs of nothing but old furniture).

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:18 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I sometimes think that S-E just picks a convenient scape goat for their reasons why they haven't done X, or Y.

If you tell me that, "We're not going to increase item limits in FC houses, because if we bump it from 200 to 300 for large houses, large houses will be able to fit more crafting stations in there." I call complete BS.

If S-E thinks that an FC couldn't already fit all of them in there with a 200 limit, then they're nuts. And even so, it'd not take much for a routine to be written that simply limits the amount of crafting stations that could be placed by a single FC.

Either way, it just seems like BS excuses as to why they really haven't upped the item count.

And yah, I agree with Ket that it's going to probably just be a glowy icon on a door that you can interact with and choose to enter your personal room, or someone elses if it's "unlocked" I wouldn't imagine any other reasonable way of handling it for FCs that have 100+ members. haha

The main issue definitely is the 200 item limit, to be sure. But maybe if we removed a few of the bedrooms, and knocked out a few walls, we may be able to be a bit more creative.

It does make me sad the house isn't used all that much, but a lot of us still hang around outside of it, at least! I hope they really beef up the use of the houses in the future. Maybe we should look into some of those crafting stations.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:01 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Looking at other large FC houses, it seems like alot of them reduced the amount of bedrooms and made larger living rooms. A good example of this is Epics FC house, they managed to fill the space fairly well and making it look pretty good.

Maybe we should get rid of the bedrooms, upstairs or downstairs. and create a workstation in its place. We can probably readjust the bottom area to have multiple crafting station.

My proposal is remove one of the bedrooms in the second floor, move the livingroom in the basement up to the second floor creating a larger bedroom/living room. Shift the walls downstairs to create a larger area where we can have crafting stations along with the stage and coil furniture this would also mean that the bedrooms in the basement would be gone.

also change the wallpaper cause i don't like it lol. No bedrooms would also be fine if they decide to have our own rooms in the FC like many people have said.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:10 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Yeah, I agree. We don't need all those bedrooms. Just party and workspace.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:15 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yah, with private housing/rooms, we definitely could stand to have just recreational space.

May have to take some inspiration from other groups, but I still think the 200 limit is shabby.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:48 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

the problem with getting rid of the bedrooms is, what the heck do you plan on actually filling in with that space? And will people actually utilize it?
I see a few suggestions of "work rooms" but what really does that imply and what furniture do you plan to outfit it with?

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:27 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Kioko wrote:
the problem with getting rid of the bedrooms is, what the heck do you plan on actually filling in with that space? And will people actually utilize it?
I see a few suggestions of "work rooms" but what really does that imply and what furniture do you plan to outfit it with?

well I would like to see a large work area in the basement with a goldsmithing, Leatherworkers, smithing and woodworking bench, and yeah I'm aware it only helps people who's jobs are below level 40. No guarantee that people will use it, but they aren't using the bedrooms right now either...

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:38 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

here is a quick plan of what im thinking, stage in the back, and around 4 workstation in each corner with the coil desk in the middle.

we could also have an npc on a "front desk" area where i have the three walls. this would fill out nicely with a few desk and shelves for decoration.

Attachments:
basementfloorplan.jpg
basementfloorplan.jpg [ 231.21 KiB | Viewed 2294 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:52 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Don't forget the reason people don't generally have those crafting stations is because, not only is the buff from them pretty lame, but they're expensive as fuck.

They need 3 star crafters to make them, and the materials include Glazenuts (comes from a rare gardening seed which can only be made by inter-crossing other seeds - worth 250-300k) and Wolfram/Gold Ingots (require ores you buy with 500 mythology + ores from new 2 star gathering nodes - worth 150k)

The crafting stations generally go for 400-500k each.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 6:16 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I guess there's really no easy solution, short of browsing around other houses and stealing ideas. Until we get a higher item limit - if we ever do

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:26 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

Just please don't delete any furniture that's currently inside. You may need to clean out the company chest to make room.
Otherwise, I don't really care what you guys do.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:40 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

Kioko wrote:
Just please don't delete any furniture that's currently inside. You may need to clean out the company chest to make room.
Otherwise, I don't really care what you guys do.

nah im not going to do anything. just wanted to throw that out there. anyways seems like its a pain in the ass to get any of the worktables. so meh.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion