It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:53 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Kio will like this. (Chocobo raising preview)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:41 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone ... b4db15ca50
Quote:
Today's patch 2.3 preview offers a look at chocobo raising, a new way to bond and grow together with your beloved feathered companion.
To access chocobo stables, and begin raising a chocobo, players must complete the following quest:

Quest Bird in Hand
Required Level Level 30
Location Central Shroud (X:20 Y:21)
NPC: Luquelot
Prerequisites Players must first complete the quest "My Feisty Little Chocobo" and also belong to a free company which owns an estate.

Stabling Your Chocobo

To begin raising a chocobo, players must first acquire a Chocobo Stable, which can be purchased from the housing merchant NPC in any residential area. Once placed on the estate grounds, all free company members can stable their chocobos and begin their training.

* An estate can only house one chocobo stable, which is shared between all free company members.
* Players cannot mount their chocobos or summon them to battle when they are stabled. The companion menu is also inaccessible when your chocobo is stabled.

Training Your Chocobo

Your chocobo, as well as those of your free company members, can be trained while stabled to earn experience points. Chocobos can be trained once per hour, and will demand one of the following fruits or vegetables as a reward for their efforts:

Krakka Root / Curiel Root / Sylkis Bud / Mimett Gourd / Tantalplant / Pahsana Fruit / Thavnairian Onion

Experience granted will be the same regardless of the item selected, though stable conditions may affect experience gains. These fruits and vegetables can be obtained through gardening.

Chocobo Level Cap
For chocobos that have already attained the maximum rank, rewarding them with a Thavnairian onion following training will increase this upper limit by one.
* A Thavnairian onion is required each time you wish to raise the maximum rank.
* Chocobo companions cannot exceed rank 20.

Favorite Feed
If you reward your chocobo with the same snack after repeated training sessions, that fruit or vegetable will become the chocobo's favorite feed. Your chocobo's favorite feed can then be used to grant beneficial effects when summoned to battle.

You may change your chocobo's favorite feed if you so desire by repeatedly rewarding your chocobo with a different snack after training.

Maintaining the Chocobo Stable
As you and your free company members continue to use the chocobo stable, it will begin to accumulate dirt and grime. Stable cleanliness is reflected by one of three conditions─good, fair, or poor─which can be confirmed by accessing the stable. Keep your stable clean to ensure that chocobo training is effective, yielding the most experience.

To clean the stable, access the chocobo stable interface and select Clean Stable. You must possess a magicked stable broom in your inventory to make use of this option.

Post subject: Re: Kio will like this. (Chocobo raising preview)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:41 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

So up to rank 10, we got an amount of ability points equal to the rank gained. Meaning we got 10 points to spend at rank 10. The rank 10 ability also cost 10 points. That came out to be 55 total points needed to spend to get all skills of a particular tree.

If chocobos can now go up to rank 20 (and I saw no mention of new abilities), that will give people a total of 210 points to spend, and you only need 155 points to max out each rank. So, unless they change anything, you'll only need to get your chocobo to rank 18 to get all 3 sets of barding/abilities.

What I'm not clear on is this talk about upper limits, or whatever. So if we're rank 10, and we do a training session, it'll up it's rank to 11 (if we feed it an onion), and then further training will grant exp to bring it up to 11, and then once capped again, another onion will get it to 12? Guess we'll have to see how it goes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:45 pm 
Meat Miq'abob
Meat Miq'abob

sounds like fun.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:45 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

It sounds like Basically turn vegetables into choco xp over time, and ltitle else. IMo the onions will probably work like earn enough xp ( i.e. spend enough time/vegetables)to go from 10-11 ( say 1.5 mil xp worth) and then do a training session and you'll get an onion to actually rank up.

Basically its retainer ventures only with the drawback of needing to garden, inability to summon your choco, and no real reward beyond a more powerful summoned choco which you won't be able to really take advantage of till you're done training =P And without the ability to queue up longer training sessions.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:49 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

Gardening plus locking your chocobo has actually made me a bit pessimistic about this. Tying it so closely with gardening as it immediately bars some players from ever getting the necessary catalyst. I'm hoping it's available through other means.

Oh well we'll see. The actual training cutscenes look really cute.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:12 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

On a plus note...

Players can now reset their chocobo companion's skill points using reagan peppers.

Reagan peppers can be purchased with company seals or Allied Seals from the Grand Company headquarters in each city-state. (48k seals)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:21 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

For that many GC seals, I'll just get to Rank 11 instead. I only ever messed up by one ability point anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:25 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Kioko wrote:
Gardening plus locking your chocobo has actually made me a bit pessimistic about this. Tying it so closely with gardening as it immediately bars some players from ever getting the necessary catalyst. I'm hoping it's available through other means.

Oh well we'll see. The actual training cutscenes look really cute.

Well then, it looks as if Kio doesn't like it after all. What do you have to say for yourself now, Pie?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:36 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Kayne wrote:
Well then, it looks as if Kio doesn't like it after all. What do you have to say for yourself now, Pie?

Shit, eh? Well, maybe we will be able to teach our chocos to do backflips if we feed them enough tomatoes and she will change her mind. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:07 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

lol sorry ><

I'm actually more hyped for frontlines than anything else but I bet you 10:01 that i'll probably end up hating or not understanding how to do Frontlines and be addicted to chocobo raising. That's usually how I work ^^;

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion