It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:06 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion

Post subject: Weather Algorithm / Sightseeing Log
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:41 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

So I recall seeing a post on Reddit some weeks ago, showing that someone had cracked the FFXIV weather algorithm, making it possible to predict the weather in a zone, at any point in time, with 100% accuracy. Turns out it was right on the money, and a bunch of websites have started implementing this algorithm.

This means that it's now possible to predict exactly when Garlok will spawn, exactly when certain fish will be available, etc.

But today I want to point out a site I've used in the past that is now even more immensely useful that this algorithm has been implemented: http://vistas.explorexiv.com/

This site allows you to track your Sightseeing Log, ticking them off as you've completed them, with no login required. It shows you which are currently open, you can hide those you already have or aren't available, and you can even click the little "hint" icon for a picture of where to stand. This was always great, but a real pain to run around checking which zones had the correct weather every time a window opened, especially with those annoyingly rare ones...

Enter the new algorithm! The site now also lists the exact time that the sightseeing spot will be next available by matching up when the window will be open to the weather prediction. Hover over "in 2 hours" and it'll tell you the exact local time you need to be at that spot. Magic!

Time to finally get the sightseeing log done. I've been trying to get the Sil'dih Excavation Site and Leatherworker's Guild for months.

Board index » Final Fantasy XIV » Final Fantasy XIV Discussion